Reviews : Kubo and The Two Strings

austincinemakerspace.com/2016/08/08/reviews-kubo-and-the-two-strings/

>Laika Studios is one of the best film studios out there, let alone animation studios. Their consistent attention to detail, quality of execution, and fluidity of vision is what makes them stand out. Coraline is one of my top favorite films of all time, as its folklore and simplistic story are shown through a beautifully tense and atmospheric approach. Paranorman and Boxtrolls, albeit substantially more tame, fall into this same category.

>With their newest addition to their catalogue Kubo and the Two Strings, they add yet another impressive animation film to their overwhelming successful filmography, despite being their most flawed to date.

>despite being their most flawed to date.
Excuse me?

Tumbling down, down, down...

Damn. Definitely still seeing it though

Who the hell cares? Cartoons are fore little kids.

it was beautifully animated, but the story was nothing special

Its just one review. Who is this guy anyway? Some nobody from noplace writing for who gives a crap that's who.

>he says this while posting on a board dedicated to comics and cartoons

Dang, I was hoping it wasn't another BoxTrolls.

Box Trolls was good

That's too bad, it sure won't stop me from seeing it opening weekend, but still, too bad.

People still go to Laika films for the story and not the visuals apparently.

based on your spelling of for, you are a little kid.

Probably Doug Walker or Joseph Vargas.

>implying Paranorman wasn't GOAT storytelling

eeeh i dropped it 15 mins in

Paranorman had a great story, it's one of the reasons I shop it around to friends as the best Laika movie.

paranorman was as ugly as it was agenda-laden. i couldn't stand it.
coraline was a masterpiece that got away with being semi-ugly. reminded me weirdly of Life with Loopy but without the 2d heads.
this shit looks good but the high eyes keep weirding me out. Just make them lower! is it that hard? is it something to do with the dolls?

>Kubo

>agenda-laden
Tell me you're not talking about the "my bofriend would like you" line.

>literally one line about gays
>not even a serious line just a throwaway joke line used for laughs
>"agenda laden"

eh, the animation was pretty ugly.

>their most flawed to date.
No way it's worse than The Boxtrolls.

Titty Kubo

What? no, I didn't get remotely that far.

>comics

I'm here for the story times of these. Not for your childish cartoons, you manbaby.

>im here for story times
>youre a manbaby

>youre

you are

Oh. What are you talking about then?

The visuals were stunning as always but I was hoping that Kubo would have a good story

I'm still gonna watch it though. The reviewers are making it seem like the story offers nothing at all

My friend who got into an early screen said that it had a disappointing last 40%.