Stargate Origins

Daily reminder that the show will be shit, be it is up to us to save the franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww
gateworld.net/news/2017/07/mgm-announces-new-original-series-stargate-origins/
gateworld.net/news/2017/07/stargate-origins-watch-teaser-video/
gateworld.net/news/2017/07/catherine-langford-origins-story/
youtube.com/watch?v=hMoIMNe1X3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JNjHroPSOOc
youtube.com/channel/UC_dQ3ZtmhJsTg2TsSl61i0w
youtube.com/watch?v=kV832rfjcas
youtube.com/watch?v=ATb9prQ-BqY
youtube.com/watch?v=RTL3DPCEPcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oHjQG37T2-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It probably will be shit, but if it succeed we will have better things after.

>FEMALE LEAD

>WE WUZ

There, I just saved everyone a whole bunch of wasted future time.

Just give the franchise to Joe, he will take care of it

too many fans suffering from battered wife syndrome.

>released only on MGM-only premium-online-streaming-service
>succeed
boi

gould?

i hope it not too much woman fighting the man infested army.

>called Stargate
>the entire premise requires there be no off-world travel

Well whats the fucking point then? Just 100 minutes of her being told she's not cut out to be a scientist and getting sassy in return, then her husband vanishes through it at the end and she spends 40 years waiting for Daniel Jackson to show up and tell her how to work the damn thing?

It's pronounced "GOOLD?"

>coming 2017
Did I traveled in time? More than half of 2017 have passed, and it has no cast, no nothing

It has two writers with one IMDB credit between them, and a spunky fresh director withno credits to her name, but who will revitalize the old franchise in a way fans will adore.

just

I have no idea what all these words mean. wtf

that place don't even exist anymore, they destroyed it, and used CGI

>Walter is still sitting in the gateroom awaiting UNAUTHORIZED OFFWORLD ACTIVATIONS

what cgi? all filming was already done and then they struck the set and have never shown the sgc since.

>m-maybe they will shit out something better if we eat this shit and call it ice cream

flawless logic

How do you know it's shit, it's not even out yet

what are they going to show which remotely resembles anything StarGate when, plot-wise, the first activation (1945) is still about 20 years away (late 20s, early 30s)?

retcons, lots and lots of retcons

They had Borg and Ferengi in Star Trek ENT, and they canonically weren't seen for another 2 centuries

Don't think so hard user, it's just a tv show

well said, here, have a waifu

so yes, shitty meaningless retcons.

worked for Voyager lmao: the character

Shame, she was cute and kind of a cunt but in a nice way. I'd have liked a recurring Tok'Ra character besides Sam's dad

At least the protagonist isn't a black woman

Her husband will be a black Egyptian

Are you prepared for that?

incoming retcon of her into a black tranny

It means they gave the show to literal nobodies who've had one paid job in the industry between them. And they're showing it on a paid subscription online platform that nobody will sign up for

10 minute episodes, are they fucking joking ?

longer timespan of generating attention

What would he do that would make it unique? Just more Atlantis won't appeal.

youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww

I've seen that, he just wants to make more Atlantis

What's wrong with that?

Oh shit they're bringing Stargate back? Guess it was about time, why haven't I seen threads about this

Stargate is the counter-We Wuz, Egyptian high culture was constructed by alien parasite sneks

>Episodes will be about ten minutes long. There will be ten episodes

Oh

This is absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of production

Because
gateworld.net/news/2017/07/mgm-announces-new-original-series-stargate-origins/
it's
gateworld.net/news/2017/07/stargate-origins-watch-teaser-video/
shit.
gateworld.net/news/2017/07/catherine-langford-origins-story/

making more sga made sense in ~2010-11 when joe was negotiating with mgm.

making more sga is a shit idea now.

Martouf ;_;

>Oh shit they're bringing Stargate back? Guess it was about time, why haven't I seen threads about this
There's been several long-running threads about this.

Regardless - don't get excited. It's not a real show. It's a web series with ten minute episodes, produced by MGM's "digital platforms" division (not even their TV division), written and directed by literal nobodies with little to no experience, with no one from the previous series involved at any level.

Basically, it's gonna be a shoestring budget piece of crap primarily serving as promotion for their streaming service. The thing that makes it so insulting is they were hyping it up as the future of Stargate.

>The thing that makes it so insulting is they were hyping it up as the future of Stargate.

If people respond well to it and it makes money, maybe it will be.

this, it might be low effort, but its obvious they are testing the waters depending on how its received
its too bad stargate fans arent as ''noisy'' as other franchise fans, even if it is a very markeable IP
I guess its pretty hard to be non-marvel spacey SCI-FI show when you have to compete with new star wars movies coming out every year

By the trailer it has nothing to do with the show, it has scenes from the movie. so this is probably a test by MGM not for the audience but for that faggot Emmerich

Oh shit, this isn't a test for more stargate is it

This is a test for a reboot of the fucking Kurt Russell movie

Can you people stop with this stupid "testing the waters" meme?
If its a shit product (and it certainly looks like it) then it deserves to be panned.

>Emmerich
I swear to god if he goes all retcon on the series because he's still butthurt no one remembers his movie anymore then I'm gonna have to cap a bitch somewhere

I'm not defending it, it looks low effort as fuck, but it makes no sense for them to even spend 1 dollaridoo on this unless it is specifically to, I'm gonna say it again, test the fucking waters

>I swear to god if he goes all retcon on the series because he's still butthurt no one remembers his movie anymore then I'm gonna have to cap a bitch somewhere

Jaffa? Never heard of em lol

the Emmerich reboot movie was canceled

Unless Origins proves it's valuable

She's kinda cute tho that's a shame.

the announcement came right after Independence Day 2 flopped, so they're probably wary of trusting him with making sequels to his own movies

How do you test the waters by producing a "show" that nobody could possibly be interested in, with directors and writers noone has ever heard of and a streaming service that is doomed from the start?

Btw i would be happy to be proved wrong, but at the moment i cannot see anything positive about Origins.

There is nothing positive about it.

im not saying you're wrong, Im just saying that would be the reason they are doing it, some low budget shit they throw out hoping it will stick on the wall long enough to get SOME feedback so they can get some numbers to justify something bigger budget

> produce low budget show
> people complain about it
> not long enough
> not enough of x
> calculate number of possible fans based on comments of show
> calculate desired changes to new show
> see if a reboot is worth it

>youtube.com/watch?v=hMoIMNe1X3Y
my god I had no idea something like this existed

good times

>youtube.com/watch?v=JNjHroPSOOc

>youtube.com/channel/UC_dQ3ZtmhJsTg2TsSl61i0w

>Produce shit in order to gauge marked interest
>Ruin your brand and the names of everyone involved
???

good god

the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=kV832rfjcas

Stargate has been shit ever since they made the crappy TV-show.

The original film is still by far the best thing about the franchise.

T. EMMERICH
HOW DID THAT INDEPENDENCE (G)AY SEQUEL GO Lamos
>youtube.com/watch?v=ATb9prQ-BqY

fuck off Hans

>The original film is still by far the best thing about the franchise.

>every gate has different symbols
great concept, 10/10

are you seriously implying that ISN'T a great concept and that you prefer every gate in the galaxy using the star constellations as seen from earth for no reason?

Yes!
Tau'ri First!
Make Solarsystem Great Again!

>For no reason
except that the gatebuilders were from Earth
Also how do dial if the symbols are different on every gate, it like if your phone number were depending on the device it's dialed from

>except that the gatebuilders were from Earth
that's not a good reason, that's a shitty excuse for the writers to abandon the concept (different constellations on every planet) that was established by the movie and CONFIRMED by the SG-1 pilot but then they said fuck it, ancients did everything, Earth is finally the center of the universe again lol

I admit that it's a nuisance, but they should've thought of that before they started filming and then just changing their mind along the way

I hate the way they kept calling the planet Earth. That's our own retarded little nickname because we're the only ones around

Call it Sol 3, or name it after us and call it Humanaria. Hell call it fucking Tau'ri, just no "Earth"

How the everliving fuck did that stupid, boring, awful movie ever generate so many spin-off television series? Is this like the fifth one fuck's sake.

The series, unlike the movie, were good

because it's a great movie with a great concept

It's a shitty movie with a great concept. One they took and ran with and made 17 series worth of tv about

this, the movie was fine people just like to hate it while they watch the latest capeshit summerflick

>that was established by the movie
in the movie abydos was in a different galaxy, so of course it wouldn't have the same symbols.
>and CONFIRMED by the SG-1 pilot
whut, how?

>no ''Hide emmerich threads, ignore emmerich posts, do not reply to emmerich'' edit yet
get on it fuckers

>in the movie abydos was in a different galaxy, so of course it wouldn't have the same symbols

it wouldn't have the same symbols no matter where it was unless it was extremely close to earth

>whut, how?

when Daniel shows Jack and the others the hall with the map of all the gate addresses on Abydos, he explains that he's been able to recognize the symbols in the nightsky of Abydos, thus confirming what the movie had established, namely that the gate on every planet has unique symbols based on what the constellations look like from there (what else would be the point of using specific star constellations to begin with, if it has nothing to do with the place you're dialing from?)

The only way I can think of that would involve gate travel and have some story that doesn't break continuity as to why she didn't tell anyone other than the lazy writing of "her memory was wiped." Is if it involves Mitchel when he traveled to 1929 at the end of Continuum. In fact if he doesn't show up in this during that time, it would be still breaking continuity

Hey let's gauge the interest for more Stargate by making another show that barely has any Stargate in it

>two writers who have 1 imdb writing credit between them
>a director whose experience is a couple of substandard webshorts
>about a character so irrelevant she died offscreen in SG1
>seems to be single character focus when stargate has always been about team work.
>set in a time before we opened the Stargate
>using a video release format that no one uses anymore
>on a streaming platform that no one will pay for
>Announced for this year, with no cast yet.
Man I know what you mean, it's really a crap-shoot as to whether it will be just just or be so shit it puts the final nail in the series.
This whole thing stink of someone trying to make a quick buck for the 20th, with the smallest amount of effort.
Seriously if they wanted to go with the strong woman trope, we already have Carter, who is a character that has had years of screen time developing the character from a airforce captain who was socially awkward and didn't have a life, to bad ass col in charge of her own ship who still can't get a boyfriend. Just have her running the SGC or for extra cheap fly around in the Hammond on a small set aka star trek clone.

meant for
polite sage

Reminder tht the Tok'Ra were fighting the System Lords for centuries, and we ended them in just a decade

TAURI FUCK YEAH

we did have some help from the nox, Asgard, and a parallel version of earth, though. I give credit to Jacob for giving the Tokra some good old American military backbone as well.

Amanda Tapping is perfect Waifu material
youtube.com/watch?v=RTL3DPCEPcQ

So pretty

What's with the accent?

Man those dramatic scenes on the ship are really awkward without the sound effects/music

Could never be an actor

Sanctuary was the show she produced after SGA, she plays a brit in it as well. From what I gathered, she was born in England but moved to Canada at a young age so she can switch between accents well.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHjQG37T2-o

That's an appallingly fake British accent, she was taught that as an actor, not an English person

That MacGyver blooper never gets old

>mfw they cut the MacGyver line from the final cut of the pilot episode

the series and the movie were mediocre, it has always just been mediocre filler sci-fi

delet this

kys

I liked Sanctuary. Then the blonde qt had to go and quit the show. It went downhill from there.