youtube.com/watch?v=6XGm_CGzKn4
rottentomatoes.com/m/boy_and_the_world
rottentomatoes.com/m/psychonauts_the_forgotten_children_2015
rottentomatoes.com/m/tower_2016
rottentomatoes.com/m/my_life_as_a_zucchini
rottentomatoes.com/m/april_and_the_extraordinary_world_2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you're a manchild who only watches anime, maybe

It dragged on too long and I found the plot overcomplicated. No, I understood it, it was just more complicated than it needed to be.

Your Name is the fourth highest grossing movie of all time in Japan.

honestly

Dunkirk

Can I get a 1080p version of this anywhere?

The Blu-ray. I think it's being released this month.

I don't even know what this is.

japan aren't the arbiters of taste, it means nothing

It means your claim is false unless you are now also claiming that everyone in Japan is a manchild. A claim that would be based on nothing more than an arbitrary Western cultural bias that has no relevance over there.

Is it that hard for redditors to fucking google?

The Avengers is the fourth highest grossing movie of all time in America. Are you going to pretend that's not garbage too?

We weren't talking about quality. Or The Avengers.

>Was this the best kino of 2017?
>Not talking about quality
Stop being retarded please

>implying japs arent manchildren
Theres a reason anime is so popular and theyre facing a population crisis because people dont reproduce

claimed that anime is for manchildren. That's the claim I was responding to.

>implying japs arent manchildren
Then everyone is a manchild.

Anime has nothing to do with Japan's birthrates, and many countries have birthrates worse or similar to Japan's. Especially once you remove immigration from the statistics.

Weebs should be executed

You'll have to invent a time machine first, but seeing as how they're already gone the entire reason for building a time machine and going back in time to kill them becomes moot.

How does box office revenue refute that claim?

except it was released in 2016

have you seen the movie? it was kino

Because he is actually claiming that all Japanese people are manchildren, which is absurd. And all because Your Name is animation instead of live action.

Hans is really giving us his best stuff lately, the music really made the movie feel more powerful

>popularity = quality
based retard

Once again not talking about quality.

Anime expert here

In This Corner of the World > Your Name > A Silent Voice

You don't know shit about what animekino really is, plebians

Then why even bring up the movie's popularity?
The fact that a lot of people have seen it doesn't mean they're all manchildren. It's that only a manchild could consider this film the best of 2017

>Then why even bring up the movie's popularity?
I already explained this and this thread isn't even 30 posts long.

>It's that only a manchild could consider this film the best of 2017
Because it's animation and not live action. That's the only reason, and it's based on an arbitrary Western cultural belief.

This film being popular in Japan and this film being the favorite of manchildren are not mutually exclusive statements, nor does it imply that everyone who liked the film is a manchild.

It was very obvious what argument he was making, so don't try to muddy the waters.

>he
You mean the first reply? That's me
What argument was I making?

Any more to recommend, user?

Real anime expert here:
animekinos are Akira, Gits, SotS and the rest
your list is just bullshit romance forced dramas

You know I'm talking about . You are just trying to confuse everything.

I was proving that Your Name wasn't the best anime drama of the year you fucking dipshit

From last year? No. Wait until Masaaki Yuasa's movies these year, he has 2 to premiere in 2017

What's SotS?

Sword of the Stranger

All time. Doesn't have to be last year.

That was dumb as shit.

That is my post.
>You are just trying to confuse everything.
I only elaborated further.

I don't watch anime and liked it, went to the theatre to see it. Not many anime get a wide multiplex release in the west.
Yeah and highest grossing movies over here are capeshit or transformers.

It's not your post, the writing styles are totally different. Again you are just trying to confuse everything. This is one of the most irritating "debating" tactics on Sup Forums.

>Yeah and highest grossing movies over here are capeshit or transformers.
What does this have to do with what I said?

you have to taste
Sup Forums is the perfect place for you, friendo

gross != good

>2017
>watching cartoons
Embarrassing.

For the third time, not talking about quality. What is so difficult to understand about this?

Your Name isn't a cartoon. Did you get lost on your way to Sup Forums?

>HD 720p x264
ZQ - bd hype bby
>11 hours ago

H Y P E
Y
P
E

>Your Name isn't a cartoon.
lol

FPBP

It's an anime movie. Has nothing to do with cartoons.

For comparison, this is what the director's previous movie looks like:
youtube.com/watch?v=dIC4VSUE7q4

These are cartoons:
youtube.com/watch?v=6XGm_CGzKn4

>tfw Spain, France and even Brazil make better anime than Japan nowadays
What happened?

>What happened?
You were having a dream where Spain, France and Brazil were not only making anime but doing it better than Japan. But now you are awake in the real world where this did not occur.

>another shity high school anime drama movie
also best movie of 2016 right here

rottentomatoes.com/m/boy_and_the_world
rottentomatoes.com/m/psychonauts_the_forgotten_children_2015
rottentomatoes.com/m/tower_2016
rottentomatoes.com/m/my_life_as_a_zucchini
rottentomatoes.com/m/april_and_the_extraordinary_world_2016

Japan is kill. Stop watching their shitty cartoons, weebpleb.

>another shity high school anime drama movie
Which doesn't actually tell you anything about the movie.

Those movies have nothing to do with anime, and I never said I watch cartoons or that I'm a weeb.

Best movie of 2017

>mainstream crap
>best
This board is such a joke.

Cartoons are well animated films and anime movies are barely animated films?

Dubs

So cartoons are funny and entertaining, whereas anime is boring and stupid, with autistic melodrama?

There are a billion differences between the two, and it's a myth that anime is "barely animated."

If anime is boring and stupid with autistic melodrama, it logically and inevitably follows that everything is boring and stupid with autistic melodrama. You can't have it both ways.

>weeb shit
Fuck off. Best movie of 2017 is lost city of z

>it logically and inevitably follows that everything is boring and stupid
[citation needed]

Japanese things cannot be wannabe Japanese.

yes it's fucking amazing
2 days
4K blurays
>In This Corner of the World
distributor here dropped the ball on this one
maybe I'll get to see it at a festival screening before the BD's are out...

There is no citation, nor is one needed. This is just basic logic.

You can't figure out basic logic, and that's supposed to make me stupid?

You're defending anime.... if that's not the antithesis to "logic/an emotionally healthy/non-man child mindset," I don't know what is.

There is no reason why defending anime would make me illogical, emotionally unhealthy or a manchild. In fact those labels are much better applied to people like you.

>Cartoon
simplified character designs, exaggerated actions, aimed at a younger audience
>anime
jap animation ranging from cartoons to serious drama
typically animated at a lower framerate though that depends on the production and complexity of the scene

This doesn't cover even a small fraction of the differences. Aside from the basic technical facts of cel animation and its computer equivalents, there is probably nothing that the two have in common.

>There is no reason why defending anime would make me illogical
Says the autist who said:
>You can't figure out basic logic, and that's supposed to make me stupid?
Try hard, much?

So now I'm not just stupid but also autistic because YOU can't figure out basic logic?

It's baffling to me that there is that one autist defending this junk. Anime and live action are like comic books and literature.
It's such a trashy, commercialized medium that even Hollywood looks better in comparison.

If anime is trashy then logically so is everything else.

Anime is actually far less compromised by commercial concerns than Hollywood and American television. I know you are going to retort with something about merchandise, but that's completely irrelevant.

>muh Scandinavian amateur directed low budget films are the epitome of art

>if Lithuanian cinema is trashy then logically so is everything else
This is how you sound. No, logically it means that Japanese animation compared to world cinema is trashy and not worth watching. Why? Because it's a very derivative medium with virtually nothing interesting to say about anything. It's pure junk for immature adults and adolescents.

>Anime is actually far less compromised by commercial concerns than Hollywood and American television.
And anime is still more derivative and boring than American television and Hollywood. Isn't that sad?

>This is how you sound. No, logically it means that Japanese animation compared to world cinema is trashy and not worth watching.
Anime is an expansive and varied medium with many different genres, styles, influences and levels of quality. If you reduce all of it to "trashy and not worth watching," then what is there to logically prevent this from applying to everything? Nothing.

>Because it's a very derivative medium with virtually nothing interesting to say about anything.
It's less derivative than live action TV, yet nobody ever says live action TV is derivative.

>It's pure junk for immature adults and adolescents.
Then so is everything.

>And anime is still more derivative and boring than American television and Hollywood.
Opinion.

without doubt

It's really not. There is a fraction of the amount of movies that come out compared to Hollywood. Their anime television shows are also a fraction of what comes out of American TV.

You're going to tell me the refined juggernauts like Super Girl and Young Sheldon are better on the regular than the Nips cartoons, pound for pound?

Get a grip on yourself.

>Anime is an expansive and varied medium with many different genres, styles, influences and levels of quality.
So is Lithuanian cinema. But thanks to low budget (like anime) and not many good directors (like anime) it's mostly rather bad.

>It's less derivative than live action TV
It's not.

>Then so is everything.
Again, you are wrong. I'm comparing a very limited medium of Japanese animation to world cinema. If you don't like my Lithuanian example you can compare it to American animation. It's also a genre with "many different genres" (including documentary, and I doubt there are any anime documentaries), but overall it's pretty bad.

ANIME IS LITERALLY THE JAPANESE WORD FOR CARTOON YOU FUCKING RETARD.
HOW FUCKING HARD IT IS TO ADMIT THAT ANIME IS A CARTOON YOU INSECURE PIECE OF SHIT

They are actually better than generic harems or slice of life.
But something like Leftovers is better than nearly all TV anime.

I think you're missing a very important point. TV/Films are there to either make you subscribe to a service, purchase, or watch a commercial.

Anime is almost exclusively a commercial itself for a manga or light novel series. It's not particularly meant to stand on it's on merit, it's to get you to read the manga or light novels.

Manga and light novels are also trashy. If you really think that you can compare this juvenile crap to cinema then you haven't seen enough films.

I wouldn't say that, anime is aimed at teens to young adults. Those TV shows are for 25+ audiences.

One is better than the other at snatching that particular audience.

Trump approves

Why would I compare comics and short stories to motion pictures?

I read real books m8.

This isn't even his best kino.

Also it seems almost all your fabled motion pictures these days are derived from your American Manga, funny that.

Anime has very low budgets compared to American shows, even the most expensive show is below the American average. And yet the quality is still vastly higher. It's almost like budget isn't everything and just throwing money around doesn't translate into quality.

There are many good directors in anime, and one of them just directed Godzilla and another got voted as the best director of 2016 by Kinema Junpo. Then there was the Golden Bear that Miyazaki won for Spirited Away.

>It's not.
It is. You think it isn't because you don't know anything about it.

>Again, you are wrong.
It doesn't even have anything to do with me. It's just logic.

>It's also a genre with "many different genres" (including documentary, and I doubt there are any anime documentaries), but overall it's pretty bad.
American animation has non-existent variety compared to anime. It's literally not even trying. And there is an anime documentary as a matter of fact (Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai). There is also at least one mockumentary (Flag).

It's literally the word for animation, not cartoon.

>HOW FUCKING HARD IT IS TO ADMIT THAT ANIME IS A CARTOON YOU INSECURE PIECE OF SHIT
I don't admit things that I know not to be true.

Manga is probably and even more diverse medium than anime. It's not just power level fighting and pantyshots or whatever strawman it is that you're thinking of.

According to our anime defender anime is for everyone with many genres, styles and influences. Except for some reason 90% of it is about teenagers and shitty sci-fi/fantasy stories straight out of young adult novels.

Manga is an art form.

downloadin

I've never watched anime in my life, I've always been even a quiet guy, feel like these emotional love anime films were meant for me but I never saw them- like a gap in my teenage years

Teenagers can be the main characters of many different stories, and scifi and fantasy are both extremely diverse genres.

Every time someone says that 90% or 99% of anime is X, Y, or Z, it means they have no idea what they're saying.

This.
Anime is an industry.

>And yet the quality is still vastly higher.
It's not.
>There are many good directors in anime, and one of them just directed Godzilla and another got voted as the best director of 2016 by Kinema Junpo. Then there was the Golden Bear that Miyazaki won for Spirited Away.
Wow, impressive. So 3 awards for a medium that exists for 100 years? Damn...

>Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai
That's not a documentary.

Watching this in IMAX next month, local cinema is doing a single subbed showing before it's DVD/BD release.
Gonna be glorius.

most of it is just adaptation from their young adult novels/manga

there are some that are adult but they, like most of our movies, are taken from successful books.