Why does Sup Forums hate this show so much? it feels so comicbooky

why does Sup Forums hate this show so much? it feels so comicbooky

Tone hits right, but the actual execution is nothing special. I watch it but I wouldn't recommend it.

Watch Lois and Clark for a good show. Only downside is self-cucking at times, Clark and Lois could be banging as early as s1 if they would just talk to each other.

Because I don't want to see a 30 year old's take on an 18 year old character, no matter how well she aged.

Sup Forums has shit taste and thinks Daredevil/Flash are good

But OP, I dont hate it. It's the only CW-verse show that doesn't have characters I fucking loathe (though Flash is getting better about that).

A literally perfect film.

>30 year old's take on an 18 year old character

That's literally most writers writing teenagers on any series, well, they're always even older.

Because it's bad. The effects are laughable; the dialogue is cringey; the relationshit makes me want to tear out my eyes.

I'm glad that this is one of the few shows that the WB shills have been unable to make popular. Anyone with a working brain can see that this is a bad show.

You should probably finish reading the sentence you're responding to, then get back to me on that, champ.

I'm drunk friend, give me a break at least this once.

Daredevil is amazing tho.

Kara is 16 PostFP.
In the show it's explained that she's in her 20s or someshit.

only the first season and even then Kingpin's waifu plot was a rough watch

She is the definitive version of Supergirl to be honest

The only legit bad thing is Red Tornado who is bollywood tier and honestly it could have been intentional so you can't blame them

This must be your only exposure to the character.

>only the first season and even then Kingpin's waifu plot was a rough watch
The 2nd season too senpai. It's by far one of the best comic book adaptions we've gotten in a long time.

No.

Gotta love those alt covers

>More opening narration
>More people sitting in a cave in front of monitors giving her tactical advice

Superman doesn't need any of that shit.

Punisher half was ok but it fell apart after that. I honestly regret wasting hours on it and won't watch the next season. Kind of put me off the Netflix shows in general since JJ wasn't good either. I don't think they get why the first season was good.

Only the first season, and it wasnt amazing it was good.

DD is by far the best cape show on right now. Compared to the shit we've been getting for years now, it's a breath of fresh air. You're insane if you think Supergirl is vastly superior. That, or you're being a contrarian. Either way we're entitled to our opinions.

JJ wasn't that good, but it sure as hell wasn't bad.

First season was beyond good. Second season was just good.

>You're insane if you think Supergirl is vastly superior.

I literally never said this, just gave my opinion on Daredevil.

The only comic adaption show I'd call good that I watch is iZombie.

lol

>The only comic adaption show I'd call good that I watch is iZombie.

But that show has detoured so far from the original source material, it's hard to even call it a comic adaption.

I don't know what this even means...

The fact that it's basically an Elseworlds is probably why it works so well.

>but it sure as hell wasn't bad.
It was very damn bad. All the praise for it baffles me.

>and it wasnt amazing it was good.
>good is now a bad thing

you are such a fucking faggot

holy shit user-kun

That's gross, Kal El.

iZombie is by far the best cape show on right now. Compared to the shit we've been getting for years now, it's a breath of fresh air. You're insane if you think Daredevil is vastly superior. That, or you're being a contrarian. Either way we're entitled to our opinions.

calm down marvelfag, it wasn't even that good

Sup Forums is jealous that the lighthearted and angsty roles of Superman and Supergirl got swapped when they made Man of Steel and then this show.

Seriously. Kara, totally vulnerable for a day, walks in on a robbery and talks the criminals down. It was beautiful. Took like 30 seconds. Would make Cavill's Superman light years better if they finally gave him human moment like that. Lifted from a recent Geoff Johns Superman issue.

If Cavill does lighten up though, what do they do with Kara?

>marvelfag
>implying I don't love both

:^)

>iZombie
>anything but a pile of garbage
Not even him, but you have the shittiest taste possible.

>Johns is the first one to write a Superman or Supergirl without her powers and solving problems with their words

fuck your Flash/Daredevil pleb shit

what else do you expect out of Sup Forums?

I don't like either, but you're an idiot if you think iZombie is good.

Definitive as in this will be the new enduring image of the character?

Or definitive as in this is the culmination of the character's best qualities?

>Watch Lois and Clark for a good show
yes

it's stupid that Smallville and Supergirl were trying to balance out their girly romance with superheroics, while Lois & Clark was designed as female driven romance show first and they got it more right than either of CW shows

iZombie is objectively good television
you have shit taste and should probably kill yourself

Because i saw her taking dick

It suffered from Agents of SHIELD syndrome. Second half became good and many people had already dropped it like losers.

>iZombie is objectively good television
Nah, you're just a retarded waifufag.
You probably thought Buffy and Xena were good too (although even those were better than iZombie)

get a load of this shit-taste fag`

Amen. Every character getting an Alfred and tactical support is bullshit.

You can have supporting characters without putting them in a knockoff Batcave.

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, the VERY beginning of Arrow. It can work on TV too.

that's so over the top. are you serious? even cw shows dont feel so cartoonish

Is there a coincidence that you're a waifufag and you have terrible taste? Of course not, you think with your dick not your brain.

>Jessica Jones
you've gone too far

Supergirl got the casting right, but the writing was awful, and the special effects were BAD for the first half of the season. The second half shaped up considerably, but the damage was done there. The biggest issue has been the writing, specifically the pacing. The first season packed in:

-introduction + skill mastery
-Fort Roz emerges, gets defeated
-Aunt gets introduced, killed
-Father's kidnapping
-J'onn Jonzz hiding in DEO
-Maxwell Lord scheming
-Brainiac clues
-romance between Kara/Winn, Kara/James, Kara/Adam Foster (which is the worst name for a character whose main personality trait was "adopted from Cat Grant". It's one step removed from Joe Piper the plumber.
-city accepts Kara/rejects Kara under Kryptonite/accepts Kara again

And I know I'm leaving some out. I hope CW smooths things out some, because Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl - it'd just be nice to see some good writing backing that up.

Sorry I'm a pleeb who hasn't been reading Superman for that many years.

I don't hate it, but if they dumped both of her love interests without explanation it would be a marked improvement. She doesn't work with either of them.

In a sea of similar scenes, the Johns one stands out partialy because it was in very recent memory, partially because the art was so bad that you can't unsee it.

what's wrong with you guys?
why do you hate actual character development and tightly written plots?

nah, James is hot. Making Winn a love interest was a MISTAKE he's a creep

He's an underwear model, of course he's hot. But he has no chemistry with her and their story is deathly boring. Winn seems to have been firmly friendzoned, so there's that.

No Felicity :-(

>why do you hate actual character development and tightly written plots?

All of which, Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Arrow and Gotham has. No one is complaining about the character development or "tightly" written plots, on those shows.

Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Arrow are all shit
I'll give you Gotham, best live-action depiction of Bruce Wayne ever

>why do you hate actual character development and tightly written plots?
iZombie does absolutely nothing different from these shows. Let's get that correct.

Take off your waifu goggles for at least half a second and you'd see.

You obviously didn't watch Flash last season if you thought that was well-paced or a well-written plot. They clearly just had a basic outline and mostly made up shit as they went along.

Barry literally giving Zoom speed for no reason was probably the worst of it.

All of those are shit.
Live-action capeshit was a mistake.

>Flash, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Arrow are all shit

Yes, but this poster is making iZombie seem leagues better. It's not. Hell if anything it's worse cause it manages to somehow be boringer.

you're dumb
iZombie is good for the plot

Gotham works because I don't think it ever really took itself seriously.

Pretty much, I really hope that Season 3 can bring back the fun that Season 1 had in spades.

Well she have some frog blood in her and i see her naked and fucked. And now i see her blacked and muh supergirl fucked even more. Well... This is Arrow season 3 again.

iZombie is incredibly generic and boring.

>boringer

how dumb are you, user?

>people here hate Lucifer even though it's essentially the same show as iZombie but with better pacing
I will never understand that.

I mostly like iZombie because of the snappy Veronica Mars dialogue and Rose McIver. :)

>generic and boring
>unique show that actually has Mike Allred work incorporated into it
pick one

I'd say Jessica Jones is infinitely more boring, but iZombie is pretty damn boring too.

iZombie, Gotham, Lucifer, Outcast and Agents of SHIELD are the only good comic book shows

Jessica Jones is not boring! It's deliberately paced, and full of things building emotions and character relationships.

I did that on purpose. I was even gonna put it in quotes before I Stopped giving a shit.

The only difference is Lucifer doesn't have retarded Sup Forums waifufags clenching on to their favorite show because a pair of teets.

>Pretty much, I really hope that Season 3 can bring back the fun that Season 1 had in spades.

I don't really have hope for it yet based on what they're saying but I hope they prove me wrong. Seems like they hare having trouble surviving without the crutch of the movie script to follow.

>iZombie, Gotham, Lucifer, Outcast and Agents of SHIELD are the only good comic book shows

I know you're joking, but to the fags that think so, notice how all the shows mentioned were universally hated by Sup Forums at first (With the small exception of iZombie) and the shows that are "shit" are the shows that received much praising by Sup Forums and normal fags. You can't deny this contrarianism

>It's deliberately paced
If by "deliberately" you mean awfully, then yes.
>building emotions
What emotions? Boredom and brooding?
>character relationships
Which is not interesting because all characters on the show are shit.

>Jessica Jones is not boring!

Trish and the roided boyfriend were good, everyone else sucked.

>normal fags and Sup Forums having good taste

Mark Twain — 'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).'

I didn't like either, although I admit Nuke was much more menacing than Kilgrave. Not that it's an achievement because a can of chicken soup is more menacing than Kilgrave, but still.

is it really good?

I want to hate this show because it's a bastardization of a great comic, but the lead actor is so likable I can't help myself but weirdly enjoy it.
Is it a sin?

Because the first 3.5 episodes were pure shit

After that it becomes a good Superman show. Toyman episode is GOAT, as are the Red Kryptonite and Bizzaro ones.

Ally McBeal is cancer though and almost every time she's on screen is ass.

Daredevil is shit m8

Gotham is better but iZombie is a close second.

>MUH FRANK
Marveldrones are this delusional.

reminder that the only reason people watched daredevil was because it had punisher in it, a character who appeals to literal mongoloids

Yes

I just don't care about live action shows tbqh. But from what I've seen, it was better than The Flash. I can't talk about Arrow or the other one; I have only seen half a episode of each.

A comic adaptation being cartoony? Oh no, that's so horrible.

Flash, Arrow, Daredevil, and JJ have none of those though.

Flash
>OH MAN SHOULD I DO THE THING
>talk to iris about how she's feeling
>IMMA DO THE THING
>another of Barry's father figures dies

Arrow
>one hour of Felicity a week

JJ
>"I'm a strong woman, but I'm also a bad girl!"

DD
>shitty ten minute fight scene
>15 minute monologue off between characters

None of those shows are any good at all. They don't have plots, just events that happen sometimes.

>Sup Forumstards incapable of not bringing up company wars shit can't all get some very painful but quickly-developing cancer at the same time and die out in a span of a couple of months
That's a really frightening thought.

Wow, that's a pretty good impression. It's like tumblr is right here.

Do it again.

>casting right

except for one big black thing

>A comic adaptation being cartoony? Oh no, that's so horrible.
>even cw shows dont feel so cartoonish

are you retarded? do you know how to read?

>my first introduction to Batman was Christopher Nolan and I still think his movies were good: the post

get aids

I just read that wrong, sorry.

DC Superhero Girls ain't that bad tbqh.

>DC Superhero Girls ain't that bad tbqh.

The Lego DTVs are miles ahead of it, but it's getting better.

I've only seen one of the LEGO DC films. I don't really get why they're LEGO style if they don't make LEGO jokes or references. Well, I get it from a marketing standpoint but still. The film itself wasn't bad but I'm pooped with all the LEGO cartoons lately

James Olsen's casting is fine.