What went wrong?

Is Sup Forums turning on Rebirth?

I saw one Sup Forumstrarian thread tonight with the Nightwing OP but other than that no. Not sure why you'd think that.

not yet. why? rebirth has generated solid storytimes and discussions every wednesday.

Sup Forums likes most Rebirth titles, not sure what you're on about

I don't think so. Most of Sup Forums seems to be loving almost everything about it. Even JL which is okay isn't getting a whole lot of flak.

also why use an image featuring marvel characters unrelated to rebirth to spearhead a thread? that will just lead to divisive discussion should this thread continue. poor form op.

Is Jane Foster STILL Thor?

I think everyone just agreed JL was bad and not really worth getting upset about since it sounded bad from the start. You're the first person I've seen who thinks it's ok.

I still disagree with OP's suggestion though.

Just because Sup Forums doesn't like Skwad, doesn't mean they don't like Rebirth anymore

Sadly yes.

man thor is getting his own ongoing now though

If anything, it made me just drop marvel entirely.

should probably add that he's not shirtless anymore so it's an abomination

Nope

The hell you smoking? So far I've enjoyed plenty of rebirth books. I've also enjoyed most of the hannah barbera line and the upcoming Young Animal line seems promising.

It better be called Th Mighty Thor. I'm kinda fine with Jane Foster "borrowing" Thor's power. Too bad her book isn't good at all even barring the stupid " I am no man!" bullshit.

It's called "Unworthy Thor".
Nearly nobody is interested in now 2.0

Titled Unworthy Thor, sorry m8

And they still haven't gotten off their asses to explain what Fury told Thor to make him unworthy. Oh and let's not forget the rotting elephant carcass in the room known as the X-men franchise.

I seriously think Aaron was hoping everyone would forget that.

Allegedly he knows what it is and will explain it eventually, but I don't believe it.

Me either. He kept Whor's identity a secret for, what, 8 issues? The payoff to that was shit.
He's kept this a secret for over 2 years now. Whatever it is, it won't be worth it. Not like it ever would have been.

For Marvel: Bendis and giving into SJW and minority interests.

For DC: Jim Lee, Dan Dido, and also giving into SJW minority interests.

>DC
>Giving into SJW minority interests.
Literally what?

>Hal Jordan pushed aside for a Hispanic woman and a Muslim
>Batwoman leading Detective Comics with Steph and Cass while Batman jobs; Tim Drake will almost certainly die to make room for Harper Row
>Jaime Reyes is Blue Beetle, while Ted Kord is supporting
>Ryan Choi will be the Atom
>Teen Titans with Damian (mixed race), Black Wally, Raven, Starfire, and gay black Aqualad
>black Helena now with Birds of Prey
>Batgirl going around the world with an Asian friend
>Midnighter/Apollo book incoming, despite Midnighter selling badly
>Cyborg still in JL, with a biweekly book even though his solo bombed
>Bumblebee and Lilith with the O5 Titans
>Seeley confirming that Nightwing has a bit of Romani blood in him, thus ruining his pure white heritage
>Amanda Waller fat again, thus bringing up the fat quota at DC

>Fucking Cyborg and all those shitters gets to have his own solos while Shazam is left on the sidelines repeatedly

Shazam will be there in wave 2

None of this was for SJWs

>>Cyborg still in JL, with a biweekly book even though his solo bombed

To be honest, this is the only example that genuinely makes me scratch my head. I'll personally be supporting the book, but I have no idea why it got a biweekly.

>>Hal Jordan pushed aside for a Hispanic woman and a Muslim

What is Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

>Batwoman leading Detective Comics

'Tec has been a revolving door series in recent years. Batwoman, Grayson, Gordon and the GCPD have all been the stars of the book instead of Batman at various points.

>Teen Titans with Damian (mixed race)

SJWs complain that Damian shows no indication of his Arab ancestry at all and is just another black-haired, blue-eyed Robin, but you think his mere presence is SJWs at work.

>Batgirl going around the world with an Asian friend

Is it SJWism that she's going around the world or that she has an Asian friend?

>Midnighter/Apollo book incoming, despite Midnighter selling badly

It was also critically acclaimed and it's not replacing anyone. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

>Bumblebee and Lilith with the O5 Titans

If you're complaining about Omen being with the Titans, officially confirmed for not knowing dick about the Titans.

>Seeley confirming that Nightwing has a bit of Romani blood in him, thus ruining his pure white heritage

Nightwing's Romani heritage has been a thing since at least Dixon in the 90's.

>Amanda Waller fat again, thus bringing up the fat quota at DC

Now this is just bait

I'm worried Waid will be on one of the wave 2 books I care about. He retweeted someone saying something nice about Young Animal today and tweeted that he had dinner with Johns.

Would be just our luck if it's the teen book.

New Super-Man is the only good title.

Can't believe they cancelled Prez for this shit.

Rebirth was a mistake.

The hypocrisy of you assholes is endless.
You headcanon up these motives so you have something to be offended by and you refuse to even accept the reality that all your arguments are made out of thin air.
What you are doing is the definition of shitposting.

( inB4 "Hurrr, you're just bait because I want to ignore you.")

Nigger, if you're offended by Waller being fat again, all of this bluster is just shitposting.

you literally didn't list a single SJW thing

Doesn't even get a cape or his own hammer anymore.

The SJW complaints about Damian's skin color always bothered me. Damian is at least a fourth Arabic, at most half depending on whether or not Talia is half Chinese. Arabic people themselves aren't super dark to begin with, and Damian is half European. At most he tans good, and his line of work doesn't see a lot of sun.

There actually are Arabs with white skin, black hair and blue eyes but apparently anyone who isn't 100% European has to be darker than a paper bag.

>If I say Sup Forums is turning on Rebirth, they might believe me.

cereal lord himself looks so white no one even knows he's mixed without doing research

Prez IS great, but it didn't sell. DC has proven they're willing to go out on a limb and make comics about D to F listers along with other characters or concepts that rarely get the spotlight, (Anybody remember the Green Team, Movement, Star Spangled War Stories, Dial H, Threshold etc?) and it never pans out to anything. You can screech and complain about the marketplace and how they don't care about quality, but it's like shouting down the well at this point.

Seriously sucks that the 2nd mini's run got cancelled though. Seeing how Omega Men got saved and Midnighter's getting a 2nd mini with Apollo the 2nd half of Prez would've been fantastic to go along with all of that. Hopefully in the future they just set up and distribute similar titles via Young Animal so they're held to different standards and can perhaps find an audience that appreciate them more easily.

Waid's not even allowed to step foot in DC offices

I haven't gotten to keep up with what's going on in Rebirth, mostly because the books I want to really read aren't out yet, like Atom, Captain Marvel, and Blue Beetle.

On the other hand I'm really waiting for pic related more than anything from Rebirth.

they're the same but Rebirth is pandering HARD to classic comic readers so of course Sup Forums loves it

It's hard to dislike the whole of Rebirth, because there have been so many solid stories coming out of it. ANAD was a combination reboot-relaunch, where rebirth is basically just a relaunch. ANAD is easier to group together because it came from an event that took over almost all books from marvel, that being Secret Wars, and pretty much shoehorned a significant amount of Marvel's books into Civil War II. That being said, I recall most people genuinely enjoying the first 5 issues of Invincibility Iron Man, only to get smacked in the head after Civil War II made it a poorly drawn tie-in book that I can barely bring myself to read. So it is likely some of the relaunch steam will fade off and we'll some titles suddenly and quickly degrade, and some get cancelled for the better others too soon. Like the above mentioned degradation of Invinc. Iron Man, and the cancellation of Hercules. This happened in the Nu52 which is a more apt comparison to ANAD. Marvel is playing fast and loose by performing yet another set of relaunches to keep the sells coming. I'm kind of scared that Marvel might be relaunching every year or so. DC relaunches tend to take years where Marvel relaunches are far too common. Ultimately DC's Rebirth and ANAD are not the same on a fundamental level, because ANAD is a new jumping off point that continually shuts down to jump off again whereas DC likes to slowly rebuild their canon though sometimes they let part of it spoil in the process. Moral of the story: Cape Comics Why Do I Keep Coming Back?!

people liked "awesome facial hair bros"?

> Invincibility Iron Man
I'm sorry Sup Forums, I phailed.

Don't forget stuff like Klarion the Witch Boy. I'm still kinda bitter about that, I didn't even know it existed until well after it had hit the chopping block.

Also I gotta hand it to them for keeping All-Star Western going for over thirty issues. It was never a strong seller, but it was a pretty good fan favorite, so they get points for that.

Some people did. Most casual readers aren't horribly bothered by those things.

I don't think it's bad either. I just think it's kind of meh.

>Tim Drake will almost certainly die

We can only hope user. And why are you listing this as a bad thing?

Fuck that Mary Sue asshole!

but he'll be replaced by harper row

But it's totally real. I've seen very long, ragey posts on tumblr about dropping Nightwing for whitewashing Damian.

Like. What?

There's something to be said for loving something that obviously loves you.

And DC has upped their game as far as writers are concerned.

Also, unless I'm mistaken there haven't been any big delays on any of their books yet.

There have been some art issues, Green Lanterns has had some fill-in artists. Still deadlines being met though.

Kek.

originaru

I actually am still enjoying Invincible Iron Man, though I agree that Deodato is a poor replacement for Marquez. However, I'm a DC fan first (sad to say, since Spider-Man used to be my favorite until OMD), so I'm biased. But I like the attitude towards n52, that Rebirth is still in continuity, but it's now being written by people who are fans of the previous continuity, rather than people who don't care about previous continuity (a bit unfair, as Kyle Higgins was a good egg, but he got booted/left).

a

Still a better character than Tim Drake.

Also, Harper hasn't shown up in ANY Bat books since Rebirth began. And last I remember she went off to university, so why do you think she'll be back?

Also, while I'm hoping they kill of Tim Drake and also think they will because he's kind of dead weight now. Damian fits into the Robin role better, Dick is the successful graduate and Jason is the unsuccessful graduate. What role does Tim perform within the Bat-verse these days?

Kill him and have the JL mindwipe the memory of him from every member of the Bat-family ala Identity Crisis and never bring him up ever again.

>But Tim's MUH ROBIN

No one cares.

g

Rucka's a straight white male. Yes, he's an SJW, but he's also a great writer, so I look past his idiotic politics (I'm hardliner right wing) and enjoy his books.

f

j

k

r

And reading any of the WW issues shows that he's not against lewd, it was just that he didn't like Cho. Makes him a dick but this situation was never about the bottom of a costume being drawn.

Tynion confirmed on Twitter that she's coming back the first issue after the crossover. Shes probably going to show the team how much better she is at tech than Tim, and Steph will probably talk about how much better in bed she is than Tim as well

You missed:

>b
>c
>d
>e

A problem with right-wing pussies is that they often don't know how the alphabet goes.

>I actually am still enjoying Invincible Iron Man
Why?
I'm not saying you can't, but what enjoyment are you getting from a Benids book?

>right-wing pussies
Woah, racist and sexist much? :^)

Fuck off nigger.

this one always makes me laugh, perfect bait

Ya, that's what I've been saying, but people keep saying, "No, it's because he hates sex." Like...what? I think Rucka is being a jerk in this case, and also idiotic by not at least talking to the media (I mean, The Mary Sue would have happily shilled for him), but he's incredibly talented.

Ahaha, no, I don't think so. Tynion has talked about how he loves Steph and Tim together, and he's never talked about Harper and Steph as romantic interests. I've no doubt that he wouldn't mind shipping Tim with someone, but he hasn't shown any inclination for that (he's constantly talking about how Robin should be gay.)

how dare you use that sexist term you cis fuck

>and Steph will probably talk about how much better in bed she is than Tim as well

And you'd honestly complain about that?

I didn't know Tynion confirmed that he was bringing her back. Also, isn't she pretty much Tynion and Snyder's creation? Why do you have a problem with a writer using a character they themselves created?

Also, I've yet to hear any defence of Tim "Mary Sue" Drake as a character who also doesn't fit into the Bat-family for reasons I mentioned above So why not kill his useless ass?

Writing clearly suggests that Harley is acting that way because of
>muh patriarchy

Now fuck off.

Well, I have to say that I'm a Bendis fan from Ultimate Spider-man (before Loeb and Millar screwed everything up) and Jessica Jones. I'm not a huge fan of his Avengers work, but it's sort of like my love for iZombie - when it's not cluttered by other things (politics, too many characters, doofy moronic plots), I really, really like the dialogue style.

You seem to think I'm offended, but I do infact know how the first five letters of the alphabet goes as opposed to the aforementioned right wing pussy.

yes, it should be cass who fucks steph while she's in mourning, not harper

No? They're all good. The worst is JL and even it isn't that bad.

I like Tim Drake as 1) the strategic Robin who fits best into Batman's mold. Not a mini-Batman, because he's always been better at relationships than Bruce (better, not good - it's easy to be better than Mr. Razor-Blades-Voice), but very different than acrobat/acolyte, loose cannon/tormented punk, cheery delinquent (Steph, never forget she was Robin!), or broody assassin.

I also adore how right-wing pussies also don't get irony, but then again some of them don't know how the alphabet goes...

It does the opposite of what you're saying, that's why it's good

and 2) to be Steph's boytoy. :)

You really, really like the dialogue style?

Yes. Not sure if it's because I think it's good, or because I just read so darn much of it in Jessica Jones and USM and enjoyed those stories so that it has nostalgia for me, but I really enjoy it.

You're not sure, but you really enjoy it?

When DC does it is not as painful, sometimes is even great

But DC kept him on and moved him to Trinity. The only SJW that had influence there was the one that they signed a contract with, and they still compromised instead of giving in.

I'm not sure why I enjoy it. I'm very sure that I enjoy it.

Damien fucking sucks. He should have stayed dead.

I'm not saying you're wrong...

The issue is that having a "strategic Robin" is kind of dumb. Bruce's main weapon is his intellect; it's why he gets to be on the Justice League so if you've got a Robin who is "as smart as Batman" it kind of defeats the point of Batman because he isn't the singular hero he was before.

Also, wasn't it Tim Drake who replaced Terry as Batman Beyond for a bit? Which Tim-fags seem to oft forget (I could be wrong here though...)

>marveldrones in charge of reading comics

Why? I agree that when he was introduced he sucked, but that was the point of his whole arc. It's been uneven, but I think Robin, Son of Batman proved that he's a great character. At least the Gleason issues.