Can somebody explain Event Horizon to me?

Can somebody explain Event Horizon to me?

What the fuck was this dude's whole motive for wanting to send the crew to hell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KM6rtL_bOto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

penis envy

It wasn't "this dude". He became literally possessed. He wanted to send them to hell because he was a demon and demon's like to bring people to hell. That's like, their job.

Lack of a strong father figure

Practical joker.

he was pissed and vengeful because there was no pizza

To tell them about an amazing business opportunity in multi level marketing!

Paul WS Anderson is a hack so don't overthink his work. I have no idea why this 90 minute nu metal music video got cult status.

youtube.com/watch?v=KM6rtL_bOto

A Warhammer 40k prequel.

He's severely autistic and so when his wife told him to go to hell he did.

Was it kino?

Same. Wasn't that great but everyone likes to jerk off about it.

>tfw the movies you like are universally hated on reddi/tv/

Feels good

Because it's his least shit movie. It's still shit, though.

>be pleb
>feel good about it

>Send crew to hell
>hell = black lodge
>"You're going back to Missoula, Montana!"
>Goes to Montana to marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for him

>be 11
>watch this movie with dad on VHS
dad had a very liberal mindset when it came to children and movies

All these triggered fedoras Itt. You just hate the movie because it says hell exists and must god real too. Go watch rick and morty you plebs. This movie was a solid 8/10

fuck yeah it was

Easily an 8/10. Film was great. 30 min of film need to be restored.

>dad
>liberal mindset
Did he fiddle you?

Quads confirm. He's right

underrated

He was raised by a single mother.

they can suspend their disbelief for elves, dragons, galaxies far away, superheroes, talking badgers etc. but put 10 seconds of christian imagery on the screen and watch them recoil and scream in agony. open-minded and tolerant my ass, really makes you think.

I know you're just baiting but it really is just a shit movie, although one of the better movies he's made.
Good luck with that. Apparently they found the footage in some old European salt mine but it's still unusable.

There was no hell, monsters or people being possessed. Everything that happened in the movie can be explained logically through things like the CO2 build up poisoning the crew and causing hallucinations combined with the stress of them being the furthest humans in space, away from help.

>I know you're just baiting but it really is just a shit movie, although one of the better movies he's made.
my post had very little with event horizon, but much more with liberal state of mind in general. i still remember all the triggerings caused by passion, con air, the x-files etc.

>it was all a dream

Fuck off

It was, and the ending (ironically a dream) proves that they were just crazy

It works both ways really, liberals see any depiction of any christian theme in movies as propaganda and catholics see any depiction of an imperfect priest as an insult against christ, same with nu liberals and alt righters over the presence or lack thereof of a nigger in a movie, noone can just sit down and enjoy a fucking movie anymore

I watched hell raiser 2 with my parents when I was about 9.

Fucking terrifying

>space dementia
Tfw Bay got something right

Brainlet

I bet you thought the Wizard of Oz really happened too

GET OFF THE NUCLEAR WARHEAD

The crew desired it.

Oz really happened in the novels.

I was home alone when I was like 10, and borrowed the VHS from my big brother, thinking it was a sci-fi movie like star wars.
It wasn't like star wars