Suicide Squad has somehow reached cultural osmosis level 5 and become a normie movie

Suicide Squad has somehow reached cultural osmosis level 5 and become a normie movie
discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DNGFt8tBFgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, I saw it last night. Opened on Friday here in the UK, and on Tuesday evening, the 7pm showing was sold out (line out the door), the 3D 8pm showing I attended was two thirds full, and the 9pm showing not much less empty. We only just got middle-ish seats arriving an hour early (which is how I know the 9pm; we were deciding whether to wait for better seats).

The crowd was varied and generally seemed to enjoy the film, though the sound was low and the screen a little dark, these were cinema issues and not the film. I'm glad to see it doing well. DCEU lives.

Most people say that they liked it because of the straight foward plot, action and actual deaths, there's a robocop/ghostbuster action movie feel.

It's still a filth mess of edits, but i'm glad that i may bring back this kind of movies

Same when i saw it opening day. Crowd applauded at the end. Take that how you will.

Either way i found it to be a decent movie that could have been way batter, but holy shit i have never seen a movie, much less cape movie trigger so many different kinds of fags.

-sjw/faux feminists/Nu Males and waifu fags all triggered by Harley alone never mind the other females.
-critics
-console warriors
Just to name a few. Shit is crazy, only other movie to do this was Ghostbusters which i also saw and wasn't worth the shitstorm at all, and would have been forgotten fairly quickly if not for faggots on the internet as per usual making mountains out of mole hills

When I saw it on Sunday night there was a guy coming out of the theater behind me talking to his friend about how the critics are fucking stupid, which seems to be a pretty damn common reaction.

>console warriors

I'm probaly going to regret it if i ask, right?

He means the company wars people. The folks that think you can only like Marvel or DC and never both.

That was also the reaction of the bro behind the ticket counter. It's been selling great; and the public opinion is on the side of the film, even if the critics aren't.

I wonder at what point the 'critics' will get concerned that people aren't listening to them as much as they sometimes have? Hell, look at Ghostbusters where they raved about it, and no one went, and now this where it's got worse scores than BvS and I've never had to worry about getting a decent seat for ANY film arriving an hour early (even TFA) until Suicide Squad.

Exactly. Its been pretty shit here lately because of it too.

Just like Ratatouile and Roger and Elbert once stated. There's a lot of points in history where audiences turned down to movie critics. In the 80's for example, critics used just to be the guys who say "this movie is against good values", action, comedy and horro movies who are classics today would be hated for being "Violent. dumb or Bloody".

This is when a new wave of critics, with new ideologies. Like when Bevis and Buthead got a 98% over ranking just because critics stayed "Finally something different"

Even Star Wars got shit from critics back in the 70's for its part in the "death" of old Hollywood and helping to usher in the blockbuster era. I'm not saying Suicide Squad is the next Star Wars or any dumb shit like that, just that sometimes you're better off ignoring them entirely and forming your own opinion.

Kinda funny as SS reminded me of the old early 80's action movies someone like John Carpenter would put out. Maybe that's why i enjoyed it so much.

yeah, a major motion picture will do that usually

Seriously, who used the monkey paw??

but if we get reprints and Ostranger gets money I'll be happy.

read copra y'all

>implying it wasn't designed to be a normie movie in the first place

The moment they cast Will Smith it became a normie movie

Nah I think people will get what you're trying to say. One of my favorite movies of all time, Peeping Tom, got destroyed by critics when it came it out but moviegoers ended up appreciating the film as the years went on and now it's a classic in it's own genre.

All cape movies are normie movies

>Kinda funny as SS reminded me of the old early 80's action movies someone like John Carpenter would put out

Probably because the entire visual aesthetic was stolen wholesale from Escape From New York, just with some neon barfed on.

But John Carpenter movies usually have things like memorable action scenes, quality villains and amazing scores. This movie had none of that.

>normie movie
What the hell does that mean? A movie liked by people who don't know anything about the source material? I miss the term normalfag, when I hear normie all I can think of is that episode of That's So Raven where she meets a group of psychics who call regular people normies.

>Peeping Tom
Holy shit an user with 10/10 taste, my fukin nigga. Critics ravaged that film so badly the guy never got another major directing gig again if memory serves right, despite it being one of the finest films i've seen.

is it possible to come across any more triggered then you already are?

It's aimed at people with no taste.

then why dont you like it?

What about Extreme Studios

The editing and soundtrack mostly. Pretty much its main problems.

It's not even console wars. They are interesting because normally kid only have one platform, but when it comes to movies, comics they are much cheaper or free at all. And so there is comes a "fan" who watched a couple of series of cartoons, old movie/tv shows and at best knows popular title name and he claims himself a true fan, and starting bullshit conversation with circle logic.
It's time to stop.

After critics panned muh Postman they all disregarded.

>Pixel Art
>Normie.

Suicide Squad is the best DCEU movie so far. Which puts it in the same league of Thor 2

I'm fine if filmmakers copy Carpenter because the man himself retired from directing.

>Suicide Squad has somehow reached cultural osmosis level 5 and become a normie movie
Man, you're fucking retarded.

First, it's a hollywood PG-13 blockbuster, of fucking course it's a "normie movie." The whole fucking point is wide appeal and it's looked like hot topic garbage for ages now.

Second, it suffered a bigger day 2 drop than BvS or Man of Steel and will almost assuredly suffer another massive drop this friday.

>there's a robocop/ghostbuster action movie feel
What the fuck? Ghostbusters wasn't an action movie in the slightest. Are you 10?

> It's been selling great; and the public opinion is on the side of the film, even if the critics aren't.
Sorry, user, your social media is not "public opinion." If word of mouth were positive it wouldn't have seen a 41% decrease in revenue on saturday. And no, that wasn't caused by reviews. Reviews were out well before the premiere.

Beat them at their own game, I suppose

Pre-sale of tickets saved this movie.

I wonder when movies are going to adopt the "pre-order" garbage of "extra scenes" if you preorder now!

Maybe, maybe not. The problem with movies like SS that have a billion cross-promotional deals and trailers and such is that their budget is inflated. IIRC DC said they need ~700-800 million to break even and if the second weekend has a similar drop to BvS they might not make it there.

Nah it made 13 million on monday. Another record broken. It beat Got which had 11 million

youtu.be/DNGFt8tBFgc

>mfw people pretend that Suicide Squad was a good movie

This movie should do what Fight Club did for the special edition release , and add blurbs from bad reviews on the box.

Every one can have different tastes user, just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean that everyone should follow your opinion instead of forming their own

>Peeping Tom was an immensely controversial film on initial release and the critical backlash heaped on the film was a major factor in finishing Powell's career as a director in the UK.

> British reviews tended towards the hyperbolic in negativity. Derek Hill, reviewer of the Tribune suggested that the film should be disposed of, thrown into a sewer. Yet, in his view, its stench would remain. Len Mosley writing for the Daily Express claimed that the film is more nauseating and depressing than the leper colonies of East Pakistan, the back streets of Bombay, and the gutters of Calcutta.[9] It was banned in Finland until 1981.

> However, the film earned a cult following, and since the 1970s has received a critical reappraisal. Powell noted ruefully in his autobiography, "I make a film that nobody wants to see and then, thirty years later, everybody has either seen it or wants to see it."

I guess critic using hyperbole to trash a movie is nothing new.