What countries in Latin America are the most Americanized?

What countries in Latin America are the most Americanized?

Other urls found in this thread:

lanacion.com.ar/1339895-la-extrana-costumbre-de-poner-nombres-raros-en-uruguay
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chile

They had a government of US fanboys, the Chicago Boys.

mexico, colombia, and costa rica i'd guess, and puerto rico obviously

mine, because is gay, fat and stupid

nah, they've held their customs, no amount of American political involvement 20 years ago changed that, they're actually quite on their own and isolationist among Latin America, building only trading agreements and that's it
probably some central american country tbqh

México, and all the others that have coast in the Caribbean

USA

Why us and the Caribbean countries?

Los Estados Unidos de América

god i fucking hate Mexicans

You're not included. Now, fuck off :)

i love you

Mejico, i'm not trying to diss you

It seems like everybody north of the Equator have terrible, terrible americanized names with equally terrible and unfitting hispanic surnames.
>Douglas Chamorro
>Jefferson Zamorano
>Yonaiker Alvarez
>Thorwald Alarcón
and so on.

>”Why are countries closest to America the most Americanized?”

Gee that’s a tough one

Anglo names like el Kevin and el Bryan are common low class names around the world due to the American media.
>Jefferson, Darwin, etc
Only seem to be popular in Colombia and Ecuador though.

Bolivia. Not a single drop of European blood, Full indian country

the ones that trade mostly with the USA
the ones in which you can find names such as Yusnavy
The ones whose inhabitants emmigrate mainly to the USA

Perú will try their best!

In Uruguay names like Jefferson or Washington are common.
Washington is the stereotypical Uruguayan name here.

read this.

lanacion.com.ar/1339895-la-extrana-costumbre-de-poner-nombres-raros-en-uruguay
In Uruguay you can name your kid whatever you want, and there have been cases of parents naming their kids "Peñarol 3 Nacional 0" or stuff like that

Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic

we are definitely are very americanized, altough in a different fashion than centracas or mexicans.
during the dictatorship there was this artistic "blackout" in the country, so almost every movie, music or tv show came from there, so on average I would say that a middle aged chilean is way more knowledgeable about american culture than most of latinamerica. plus we use a ton of anglicisms

>What countries in Latin America are the most Americanized?
your country?

Mexico, for obvious reasons.
Chile, no culture, most products on markets aren't even local.
Argentina. Argie Spanish is the one with the most English loanwords.
El Salvador, DR and other countries with strong economic and demographic ties to the USA.

Colombia, more or less, not more than other countries. 98% of Colombians don't speak any English, that's a huge barrier against Unitedstatization.

>alde papi sabrosico chico salsa caliente
>americanized

Paraguay, Argentina and other countries have a list of permitted names and you can't name kids whatever you want.

cunt

How does Chile have any less culture than everyone else in South America? The entirety of the New World is a culturally boring wasteland outside of the US and Mexico.

Anglo names have always been accompanied with the lowest scum

Dont listen to him, they fuck donkeys as part of their culture

I'm genuinely perplexed at all the people saying Mexico is

We're not Latin America ffs, we have running water and electricity, stop including us in your hellhole.

>Chile has no culture
??
No country in The Americas has a unique culture, they're all mixed with european. Except Bolivia and Mexico, they're the ones that stand out the most, the rest have no culture
>most products on markets aren't even local
yeah? it's a globalized world?

Probably Mexico or some caribbean country

Puerto Rico, as you can see it worked out fantastically for them.

I mean, we are literally next to them, but other than that I agree. I honestly don't see how.

Nice dubs

Aside from that, we aren't more americanized than our neighbours.
Yeah but i have an anglo name and i'm not poor.
it was the fren that invented the term latin american kek

WOAH

oh my

>Today, Perú did their best.

Canadians say the exact same thing.

holy shit

Canadians literally are. Meanwhile, you have the second largest Spanish speaking population in the world while only 5% of our country speaks English.

you have alot of american buisness and companies in your country compared to other south american, american media is relatively popular and some regions in your country kindaaa look like america( according to google street atleast) also I think you are the only latino country that unironically has an nfl fanbase

I was memeing but Chile and Southern Coño countries are more prone to adopt the Unitedstatesian ways of living because of demographics (very high urban population), income, etc.

>yeah? it's a globalized world?

yes but Chile has a much more open economy than the average Sudaca.

>no capitalization
>alot
>buisness
>kindaaa
>atleast

This is the least intelligent post I've read on Sup Forums so far this year.

>has an nfl fanbase
But then, caribbean countries like the DR actually play baseball, for example.
The other things you said also apply to other countries in the region. Mexico has too strong of a culture to be truly americanized.

>Wake up, choose in between eggo waffles and pop tarts for a quickie breakfast
>Agree to meet with a friend at Starbucks but end up in IHOP because she hasn't had breakfast yet
>Go meet some more friends at Applebee's for lunch, get some Krispy Kremes on your way out of the mall to have an afternoon snack, then go through the drive thru at Carl's Jr for a milkshake
>Make a quick run by Sam's to get the stuff they didn't have at Costco when you were grocery shopping last weekend, then remember you need some stuff you can only get at Wallmart
>Go with your buddy have some hot wings at Hooter's for dinner, still stop on your way home for a cheap quickie snack at Little Caesar's
>Finally home, get your 2 liter coke out of the fridge and get on /int
>Post fat American memes and laugh at their decadent car centric non culture, go to sleep in the blissful knowledge your Aztec ancestors smile on you.

>american buisness and companies
Other than the companies that are worldwide (McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Ford, etc), which ones?
>american media is relatively popular
Same as half the planet
>some regions in your country kindaaa look like america
You could say the same from some regions in half the Americas
>unironically has an nfl fanbase
True. But football and boxing still vastly outshine American football by far. Compared to countries where baseball is the primary sport.
We also play baseball, but is still far behind other sports desu.

I just realized how much fucking landmass the Portuguese and Spanish took on
Bizarre how Anglos didn't conquer Latin-America back then (well they do now politically)

other countries don't belong to NAFTA, don't share a 3000 km border with the USA, don't have NFL teams or MLB games, or 10% of their population living in the USA, etc.

PERUANO DELUXE

Thorwald is a pretty badass name.

It’s actually 13%, which is higher than Chile (9%), Argentina (6%), Brazil (5%), and Columbia (4%).

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

>Bizarre how Anglos didn't conquer Latin-America back then
late starters, they opted to conquer Africa, Asia and Oceania while there still had grabbers

>Africa
in hindsight it was a bad idea

>eggo waffles
Literally didn't know these existed before Stranger Things desu
>Starbucks
Hardly unique to Mexico
>Applebee's
Instead of Vips or Sanborns? Or literally any other fondita/street stand? I don't think so
>Sam's Costco
You could make a better argument for Wallmart desu, but even so, Bodega Aurera.
>Hooter's
Hardly unique to Mexico

Are you sure you are Mexican?

Interesting. People always posts charts saying otherwise. But I'll take your word due to laziness in confirming which is true.

>it was the fren that invented the term latin american
We invented it for you ok, we're obviously not american. Now if you could keep chainsawing each others in your backyard and stop crossing the border it'll be great, thanks.

This is how I know you've never been to either country. Chile doesn't even have a decent sized community in the US, meanwhile Colombo-Americas number north of 1 million. Most Colombians have at least 1 family member in the USA and more than 100k Americans (either retirees or expats) call Colombia home due to our close geographic proximity. Anyway, I find extremely amusing how it is always a Chilean making assblasted comments toward Colombia. Stay irrelevant and envious, kiddo

French Guyana is Latino :3

y lo decís como si estuvieras orgulloso, cer0n

language is ever evolving

Bruh, Anglos didn’t try and “reconquer” South America because their former colony (US) issued a decree that the New World was off-limits to European imperialism. Britain, were they even capable of beating a rising world power in a war all the way across the Atlantic, wouldn’t have even wanted to try since maintaining good diplomatic relations with the US was one of their highest priorities at the time with Germany just having formed as a nation and throwing the entire European balance of power in to question.

yes, we are a shithole but not s much as fucking paraguay. Deal with it

tesla, starbucks, saks fifth avenue, we have our own local amazon store...

>buying your groceries at costco

Yes, I'm Mexican and leaving the for comedic purposes exaggerated calory consumption aside that is the aspirational lifestyle of the SUV driving crowd. Some places like Santa Fé you could unironically insulate yourself to the point you might as well be leaving in Houston. Sadly enough this is what many working class Mexicans aspire to, that is living the shit life of a working class American.

You may not go to those places (I doubt you shop at bodega Aurrera either) but they're all open for business and growing. It's globalization, Mexico is unfortunately ahead of the curve.

Yes, we are more culturally resilient than other Latin cultures as we grew up right beside the source of the cancer, I can't imagine the idea of people using lots of anglicisms in South America (imagine a mix between an Argentino and a pocho) but from what I'm looking at in this thread that apparently is going on somewhere.

Let's not pretend we aren't being influenced.

Dude chill out. Everybody comes to Sup Forums to have fun, remember?

>not as much
ajajajajajajajajaj

>envious
>of being an american colony/ puppet state
What the fuck is wrong with you? Neck yourself.

Other than Saks Fifth Avenue, neither of those are unique to Mexico
I'm not pretending we aren't influenced. Just that I don't see how listing companies that aren't uniquely in Mexico counts as "more". The same as places like Santa Fe, which you could find in pretty much any Latin American country,

Best post.
English music is pretty popular here, I think so desu, like we're even visited by not so popular acts like Beach House, Grimes or that poppy.

Also, even in my small hometown in Michocan there was always someone talking about the Superbowl.

yanks ruining everything again

*be living in Houston

Most of the people shopping there somehow don't strike me as small business owners

Yes, even after using a picture of a volcanic eruption disaster from 1985 you're still a hellhole compared to us. Only Brazil and Argentina can compete with us in this continent as we speak

>Now if you could keep chainsawing each others in your backyard and stop crossing the border
why the fuck do you care about those things if you are not american.
You should worry about those muslims and africans coming to your country.

They tried to take Argentina and Uruguay, but they failed, Argentina and Uruguay would probably be better off today, if they had succeeded. Kek.

>English music is pretty popular here
Yes, but so is in half the fucking planet. I do agree with the NFL, though, but again other countries have American sports as their primary sport and NFL isn't ours.

>I can't imagine the idea of people using lots of anglicisms in South America
Oh, they do. It's annoying.
It's mostly the rich kids that think they are better than the rest of the country.

>Only Brazil and Argentina can compete with us
en negrura? AJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ

Didn't the English have a presence in Argentina? For instance, weren't they important in the development of the country's rail?

t. Americas largest trading partner.

maybe, but i think they're more commonplace here

You think I'm joking when I say that? Colombia is literally crawling with American government officials, "advisors", "investors" and soldiers. I take no pride in calling the country what it is.

But it's the other way around buddy, you are the one getting mexicanized!

KEEP DOING YOUR BEST PERU

in relevance, you insignificant fucktard

who fucking cares? It actually has helped to improve our living conditions

Have you seen this firsthand? Is it because of the narcotics trade?

>tener la mayor cantidad de lavaplatos en un país es tener "relevancia"
AJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJ

>Sadly enough this is what many working class Mexicans aspire to, that is living the shit life of a working class American.

As opposed to what? Living the even shittier life of a working class Mexican before NAFTA or getting involved with the Cartel?

>why the fuck do you care about those things if you are not american.
Because unlike our usual shitskins the only thing you bring to us is savagery and ruin, at least Mohamed and Mamadou behave properly from time to time.