How does Sup Forums feel about pic related...

How does Sup Forums feel about pic related? I literally cant even go on Sup Forums anymore because of how quickly i get annoyed seeing threads talking about how this is the greatest movie ever. They all act like they're huge DC fans even though you can tell they are just bandwagoner fags who feel obligated to like it because people hate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RslcETyE2ec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have nothing but a complete lack of surprise that Batman v Superman was a pathetic, abysmal failure of a film, and I have nothing but scorn and contemptuous laughter for the morons who have been supporting Warner Bros for years. Laziness and lack of organisation will ALWAYS shine through, in the end.

Warner's DC studio have based their entire schtick around "dark and realistic" with Nolan's Batman but this time, when they themselves were put to the test without the help of Nolan ("can YOU make a good film, with all your supposed knowledge about it?") their true colors shone through for all to see. I knew it would happen, of course. I knew it from the first time I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and attempt to view Man of Steel.

Hopefully as a direct result of this, one or more of the members of Warner Bros executives will realise that they are, and have been, nothing but an abhorrent failure "half-assing it" through this cinematic universe, and put an end to it. Their life, that is. Now THAT I would buy tickets to.
Make your suicides happen, Warner Bros Executives. It's the only chance at redemption you all have.

Nice pasta. Can I save it?

all yours my friend.

A movie with the pretensions and delusions of grandeur of David Lynch' Dune and the technical skills of Battlefield Earth.

If you've ever wanted to show a film class the difference between cinematography and direction, BvS is a perfect example. Larry Fong's work is pissed down the toilet in a sea of bizarre close-ups, awful digital compositions and random attempts at splashy comic-book framing that didn't fit at all.

It's like Snyder wanted to make a sequel to the Ang Lee Hulk but somehow even more embarrassing and without the goodwill of being, you know, Ang Lee.

Its the best cape movie since TDK, in particular the UC.

Sorry you're a tasteless fool

Fuck you OP, I've been a fan of DC comics since fucking Middle School. My dad raised me into it, he has the entire Hard Travelin Heroes run, original issues of Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Moore Swamp Thing, O'Neil GA. I've read ASS, Secret Identity, Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow, For The Man Who Has Everything, and a whole other smattering of superman comics. Don't fucking tell me I'm not a DC fan. I'm a DC fan and I fucking loved BvS. I didn't expect it to just re-do the comics, I have the fucking comics for that. Instead it took elements from them and expanded upon certain aspects to try and do something new. Thats what so amazing about comics, and super heroes specifically, you get years and years and years of people doing different interpretations of these characters, all hitting on the same notes but at different tempos, with different purposes, and it creates these kind of platonic forms of these characters in the societal conscious. I loved the movie.
And I don't fucking start threads saying how people that like Marvel movies arent real Marvel fans, stop being such a condescending prick. Why do you hate a piece of fiction so much? MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS.

>A movie with the pretensions and delusions of grandeur of David Lynch' Dune and the technical skills of Battlefield Earth.

This is what really pissed me off the most. All the trailers painted this thing as this really mature counter-point to Marvel's films.

And then the movie actually came out, and despite it's best attempts to seem dark and gritty and intelligent, it ultimately fell flat, and ended up feeling more like a Saturday morning cartoon that was trying to take itself really seriously.

Like, at least with Suicide Squad, I at least got a better idea of what to expect

I found myself not hating the Ultimate Edition.
The added scenes made the pacing feel better and also made it seem like a Superman and Batman movie, rather than a Batman fights Superman movie featuring Wonder Woman and Doomsday.

Clark scenes change the whole movie.

The famous people talking and super montage making him look like a god felt so in your face in the theater, the last thing someone says is "meaby he is just a guy trying to do good" and the UC cuts to him at night calling his mom for advice, that scene, "can i still pretend i'm your son?" and "this is my world" are the most superman scenes so far, they are perfect.

Theatrical Cut 7/10
Ultimate Edition 8/10

Still don't really know Lex's motives for hating Superman so much. He talks about a deterrent for Superman but that's what thousands are thinking needs to be done, goes on his "DEVILS IN THE SKY!" rant, and mentions one throw away line that his father hit him when he was young.

Even if Doomsday killed Superman like Lex planned, the world will have a unstoppable ogre smashing shit and killing people then it's just Lex going "Welp.."

while people usually go overboard with the hate, there are worse movies like fant4stic

you have to understand that their is a reason it was critically trashed, has poor word of mouth, and lost to zootopia in the box office

it has poor pacing, a lack of action, a lex luthor who is the riddler, and characters bad to the point of memery

>Still don't really know Lex's motives for hating Superman so much. He talks about a deterrent for Superman but that's what thousands are thinking needs to be done, goes on his "DEVILS IN THE SKY!" rant, and mentions one throw away line that his father hit him when he was young.
>Even if Doomsday killed Superman like Lex planned, the world will have a unstoppable ogre smashing shit and killing people then it's just Lex going "Welp.."

I don't want to insult you, but you actually believe what the bad guys say in the movie?
The only thing that Lex said was truth was the stuff about his dad, and even then he was just trying to justify himself, Lex does that all the time even in the comics he doesnt accept he is just plain evil.

Lex hates anyone who has power over him (thanks to his dad), he doesnt care about earth security, he has never cared about others. The whole "devils" stuff is him trying to lure the senator, it's not real. He actually believe power cant be innocent, after all he isnt innocent and he is better than anyone else, at least in his mind.

He doesnt care about Doomsday destroying metropolis, as long as Doomsday it's his own doing. Doomsday it's his ADAM, he want to use the FIRE of the gods againts the gods. Lex rant about Prometheus was all you needed to know about his hate for superman, the lightning and electricity when he activates Doomsday was too "in your face" in my opinion, at least after the Rant of the party, but it's clear that lots of people totally missed that Lex was like frankenstein, i mean, why did you think he talked so much about prometheus?

change one scene from the movie
>batman defeats superman
>darkknightreturns.txt
>"I want you to remember, Clark...In all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you..."
>sups gargles
>"they... they told me to do it"
>"hm...lex luthor tricked you...like he tricked me..."
way better than MARTHAAAAAA

It is the greatest movie ever though. It has some really good moments. I especially liked the gala scene. There are a ton of little details that I loved, such as Bruce whispering tips to the guy fighting in the underground arena, leading to his victory. All in all, a 10/10.

>it has poor pacing,
Yes
>a lack of action
Not really, but the action sequences needed to be separated and longer, the b/s fight, the wherehouse fight, and the doomsday fight needed to be 20 minutes apart, once again PACE.
>a lex luthor who is the riddler
He is nothing like the Riddler, and he is a good villian, aside from not muh there's nothing bad to say about him
>and characters bad to the point of memery
What?

Being tricket by luthor only means Batman will go after luthor next.
Martha means Batman sees himself as joe chill, and Superman as a person and not a monster for the first time. It triggers him into seeing how much he has fallen.

Your version is shit. But the martha scene was badly directed, it needed more time.

>The whole "devils" stuff is him trying to lure the senator, it's not real
So I guess him turning the painting upside down after the Senator left was so when his house gets raided they'll also be lead on by his Devils in the sky plot?

That painting was huge, he probably had to bring a ladder in and call a friend over to turn it around for nobody to see it.

So what was Lex' plan with Doomsday? It nearly killed him as soon as it saw him. And it's hardly his own technology, he mixed his blood with an alien corpse in an alien vat. He really didn't seem to have any goal with creating Doomsday.

>Instead it took elements from them and expanded upon certain aspects to try and do something new.

YES

I loved the way that Superman impacts the world, as well as the implication of how him not being there impacts the world. The Bat is broken without Superman. Luthor still has his hair. Wonder Woman gave up on humanity.

Not only that, but the reverse Dark Knight Returns plot was amazing. Superman being the one to bring Batman back was great.

Finally, Snyder's fascination with Watchmen got me to see what he does: Superman is the opposite of Dr. Manhattan. They both have insane amounts of power, yet one chooses to leave Earth and the other to save it. Dr. Manhattan could have exposed Ozymandias but chose not to, and abandoned Earth. Superman could have chosen to not fight Doomsday and let the earth die, but he chose to fight. Because this is his world, and so is Lois.

That's just luthor being luthor.

He does see Superman as evil, but that's not a reason to kill superman, he doesnt care about evil, he just care about someone that is above him. Just like in the comics, he is a little man that is insecure and will do anything to be on top.

How come Clark didn't take time to tell Batman about his Mom when Batman was backing up and he had him at his complete mercy?

>Whoa, my mom is going to die if I don't make it in time!
>Maybe I should explain...nah fuck it, I'm smashing him through some buildings
>Why is Batman mad at me, doesn't he know my mom is going to die, better rage smash him some more
>Oh jeez, I'm going to die..that reminds me..OH SHIT MY MOM! S-SAVE M-AR-THA!

How did Lex get a jar of pee onto the senator's desk?

I don't like it
I don't hate it
I just think it's overhated

>He really didn't seem to have any goal with creating Doomsday.
His plan was to make superman kill Doomsday

>It nearly killed him as soon as it saw him.
Frankenstein m8, you were not paying attention. also Lex has a TERRIBLE track with his monsters, his plan failed, he thought he could control it, but he couldnt.

From Bizarros to Superboy, Lex sucks at the creating beings things, the last amazo arc on the league was also about Lex plans failing. I'm not sure, does anyone remember if the K-doomsday from Batman/superman K was a luthor creation?

>It nearly killed him as soon as it saw him.

I thought it was pretty funny, considering how often Luthor plays with beings way stronger than him. Imagine if when he made Bizarro, he turned on him. Lex lucks out in comics way too often.

His goal was to prove that Superman cannot be all good and also all powerful by making a monster stronger than him. The consequences don't matter to him as long as he's right. That's Luthor for you.

I think at that point Superman thought that reasoning wouldn't work and was actually going to kill Batman. Just like Luthor, he had various plans that changed based on the situation instead of one plan.

Plan 1: Convince Batman to help him
Plan 2: Kill Batman now that his powers are back
Plan 3: Beg Batman to at least save Martha and defeat Lex

I think that Superman expected to die, so he was making his final request to Batman. But he also tried to say it in a way which may have affected Batman, so that he could finally listen. A huge last ditch gamble that paid off.

Try to answer yourself:
Does superman thinks he has control over the situation?
Does Superman knows Batman can actually harm him?
What does Superman knows about batman?
Does superman think he can get batman to calm down if he doesnt get rid of that dumb armor first?
Will Batman help him?

As far as Supes know if he ends this fight and show batman not only mercy but asks him for help it will be faster and easier than just asking for help, something that failed.

It makes sense, but it's not done well in the movie. It's coherent, but it's not well directed.

After the first K granade explodes is all over, superman is fighting for his life.

Controlling Doomsday's part of my problem with Lex' actions, how would he have controlled it? With his charisma?

This argument worked much better with a sentient being. Zodd was less of a threat than Doomsday, with Clark's sloppy fighting and careless lack of regard for human safety helping him level half a city. Doomsday was a way bigger threat to the whole planet, nobody's going to cry over a dead monster. Lex may as well have pulled a meteor from space and told Superman he'd be a bad person for destroying it.

>The consequences don't matter to him as long as he's right.

Yeah, that's pretty much luthor on a nutshell. Hell, if doomsday destroys half of the planet and then luthor can came out with a way to kill him Luthor can crown himself as the biggest hero of the planet, that's his thing.

>t Superman expected to die, so he was making his final request to Batman. But he also tried to say it in a way which may have affected Batman, so that he could finally listen. A huge last ditch gamble that paid off.

Yeah, you don't ask the guy that wants to kill you to save your mom, you ask the guy that is trying to kill you to save the innocent that is in danger. As far as batman knows superman's mom is an alien too, he clearly didnt care about the human side of Superman, he is deluled trying to kill his white whale, and as far as superman knows Batman is a killer, but he also saves innocent people, and may try to save Martha Kent.

So why didn't super fly in from a distance and say Lex is holding my mom hostage, Lex says he'll kill her unless I kill you. Can you help me out, because I don't want to kill you (out of character for this version of sipes no to kill someone).

*upvotes*

I see that you are just shitposting

*upvotes my own comment*

>Does superman thinks he has control over the situation?
Yes
>Does Superman know Batman can actually harm him?
Not now
>What does Superman knows about batman?
He's a crazy person with parental issues
>Does superman think he can get batman to calm down if he doesnt get rid of that dumb armor first?
It didn't really matter once he was at full strength
>Will Batman help him?
He could've just told him right at this moment that lex was behind everything

>I think at that point Superman thought that reasoning wouldn't work and was actually going to kill Batman.

What? He was going to put Batman down so he could talk to him without Batman constantly attacking him and paying no heed to his words.

It was the same shit as murderman, boring and lifeless.
The batfleck scenes were great tho.

Anyone who says this movie is anything other than a pile of shit is either 1. trolling or 2. an idiot.

This, and that's what you do: take the arm of the idiot attacking you and calm him down against a wall.

superman was going for the superhero equivalent of that. He had no way of knowing the silly man in the bat armor could potentially kill him

>change one scene from the movie

I'd just remove Lex Luthor and the Doomsday subplot entirely.

There's enough material to make a decent movie out of Bruce and Clark alone. The fucking opening scene alone does more than enough to establish everything that's needed.

He could've substituted, "If wanted it, you'll already be dead!" so it's "STAY DOWN, Luthor is behind everything! He has my mom... M A R T H A" then that would've saved him precious time while Batman kinda gets frustrated that he didn't get to use his cool gas grenades and glowing spear but agrees to help.

DCfag here (dropped Marvel when they did an origin for Wolverine and was thinking of getting back so I read Civil War and they've been dead to me since)

I FUCKING LOVE Batman v Superman. It's literally my favorite cape movie. And probably in my top ten fave movies of all time.

Go fuck yourself OP.

>I'd just remove Lex Luthor and the Doomsday subplot entirely.
Fuck you, Lex was GOAT, and the best thing about Doomsday is that NOW WE GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY, no one can use it, no forced death of superman arc. He died in a meaninful way and will inspure a generation of heroes. And comeback in the first hour of the next movie. What comes after the dawn? The sun rises, and superman is a sun god. We met superman at his darkest point, now we will watch him bright and shinning.

I really hated the idea of a Death of Superman movie, that's why i like turning his death into a small thing. Huge in-universe, but that it will not waste our time.

I see that you don't have a counter point.

>with Clark's sloppy fighting and careless lack of regard for human safety helping him level half a city
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
1 SINGLE building fell during their one on one fight. And Clark did zero structural damage to it.
The half of the city that was destroyed was done so before Clark ever entered the city.

I thought it was enjoyable.

These movies seem to attract a lot of autists that confuse cynicism and greyscaling for intellectualism

They speaks to that kind of "Everyone sucks so hard I'm glad I'm smart enough to see it" mentality that people are supposed to grow out of by the time they're old enough to use Sup Forums proper.

Hey man. I loved Hulk

I haven't seen it
but I have noticed even my turbo-normie friends complain about how unappealing its batman is.

On the advice of another friend I'm waiting till I have weed again before watching it for myself

so far its the best Capeflick of the year.

>he thought he could control it, but he couldnt.
How? And when is this established in the movie?

I think you forgot an "I think" before your conjecture, there, pal

All we have to go on this shit is what's IN THE MOVIE, not in your dreams

>cynicism

The film isn't cynical though.

It's about redemption and our shared humanity.

I'm not a capekino poster. I just genuinly like the film because to me it felt like the most honest adaptation of superheroes in film

>The film isn't cynical though.
t. cynics

Not quite as good as 'Man of Steel' but still one of the best super-hero films made in the last decade.

I may be nitpicking but there are parts of that scene that are really cartoony and stupid, that crate is definitely near the top of the list.

I really liked it.

It definitely had problems, but the positives of the film outweighed the negatives for me.

+
I've been Superman's fag long long before Batman or Spider-Man.

Modern take of Superman is everything I wanted him to be handled now.

Here's my top 2016 so far.

1.Deadpool (it's original, it's long waited, it's R-rated AND successful which bends many barriers in future as I hope , Reynolds literally get fucked by Bakarrin, jokes wasn't so lame as I in first trailer, finally it's fan-driven movie ,movie itself however is just good/ok)
2. BvS Ultimate Edition, Civil War (fickin Batman fights Superman, Iron Man fights Captain America and Bucky and gets cucked, Ant-man versus Spider-Man, superheroes now on political arena, no Bat-jerking, Doomsday, fucking Wonder Woman in Darvin Coock like costume (without much USA themed crap on it), goddamn Batman, Superman is now inspiration figure)
3.Suicide Squad (Boomerang, Kah-tah-nah, Flash cameo, completely opposite to BvS vision of Batman, Joker finally with Harley Quinn, fuckin Joker's gang, Joker is gangster boss now again, Enchantress, Waller is pure fucking lawful evil)

BvS doesn't exist

Check middle of this video youtu.be/RslcETyE2ec

Exactly.

This shot is my favorite part of the film. It always makes me smile and reminds me that this is the first proper Batman in cinema.

I'm stupidly optimistic.

>t's original
Hahahahaha

Good one

Then there will be no fight between them, you know a **greatest gladiator match in history**, you need some bullshit for some epic to work, or there will be no superhero genre at all.
It's actually most sane version of their battle without bat-jetking too much, with prep time, with Superman holding back, without Superman being a dictator or government's special weapon.

Watch more movies you tasteless fag.

I honestly don't really care for it, the same with MoS, I saw it, I thought it was alright, I don't see the need to watch it again. I've been missing out a lot of the threads discussing the film because they're constant and don't really amount to anything because none of us can have a civilized conversation.

I'm going to wait until it passes, I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck.

This is why Sup Forums should never write movies.

There's no counter point for someone saying that superman is a murderer, you don't care about any answer

I thought it was alright, I enjoy it well enough but it inarguably has a bit more than its fair share of issues.

It's funny how I was hater of BvS before Ultimate Cut came in. Really makes you think.

I thought Man of Steel was aggressively mediocre.
This was so much worse.
They'd act like we're supposed to care about the characters and see them the way they were in other stories instead of how they actually were in the movie. For instance, Batman's killing dudes.

I accept it for the quintessential capekino that it is.

They took risks with Batman and Lex, but I believe they were casted very well. Two years ago when I heard Ben Affleck would be Batman, I thought it was a joke. But he really completes all the grim and gloomy scenes that anesthetize Clark's, and I think it's a wonderful dynamic. It was a pleasant surprise.

>capekino
Stopped reading there.

I genuinely enjoyed it a lot, but people who claim it's perfectly flawless are fucking delusional.

Watched the extended edition with my roommate yesterday... he thought it "wasn't that bad" and that baffles me. Did you like the first hour where nothing happens? Did you like the overblown religious allegories? Did you like the Batman that beats up cops and kills people using guns? Did you like the bat-brand that was never really explained? Did you like the Heath Ledger Joker Lex? Did you like the meandering plot? Did you like the multiple stupid dream sequences? Did you like Superman's powers only working when it was convenient? Did you like how Batman did no detective work and Clark apparently writes editorial pieces? Did you like how Batman and Superman both acted like stubborn children instead of trying to understand each other? Did you like MARTHA? Did you like that ridiculous ass Doomsday? No? So how was it not that bad?

Yeah alright but now imagine all of that in a good movie.

Because Superman is noble and respectful. He goes down to ground level to talk to Batman face to face. Hovering above him like a god giving him orders would be out of character.

we get introduced the new characters
the guy flying in the sky saving people without mechanical help seems a divine entity when you dont know how krytonian biology works
i dont remember batman punching cops
i do remember batman being 20 years in the job and being more tired of the system
the bat brand is part of his own justice, knowing the person will never change no matter what
this lex is jokerish, but not heath ledger's joker
the plot was easy to follow
just two dream sequences to fool people into thinking the flash was also a dream
how was superman's powers not working all the time?
batman got to know lex was behind all following the white portuguese leads
batman saw superman as a threar from the begining, he might do good stuff saving people but if something snaps in his mind nobody could control him
martha works because it humanized superman from batman's view point

What? I left Sup Forums for the complete opposite reason.

>nothing bad to say about him
Except for the idiotic way he's presented. Trying way too hard to be "quirky genius" and not hard enough to be an interesting character. You may as well have had Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura in the role, wouldn't have been much different.

>martha works because it humanized superman from batman's view point
Right. It humanized Superman. To Batman. Who kills a couple dozen *actual* humans and has no problem maiming them, which is said to be a death sentence.

Your argument is still "not muh".

>violent criminals
>humans

Look, excuses.

It was great. Better than most capeshits put out nowadays, albeit a little long.

>Did you like the bat-brand that was never really explained?

Kek. It's like you didnt even try.

nice rebuttal, I think I will shill marvel shit now

>Who kills a couple dozen *actual* humans and has no problem maiming them, which is said to be a death sentence.
Yeah, that's like the point, he isnt seen humanity in anyone.

5/5 movie desu

It fucking sucks.

Yes. Except he continues to do this AFTER the whole "save martha" thing. It just gets swept under the rug because "time is of the essence".

saving martha got priority number 1, no time for caution

A good movie? Like BvS?

How do you feel about other superheroes who have killed generic grunts?

>BvS
>Good

user i'd like a good DC movie sometime this century that wasnt just a crime drama featuring Batman.

>"not muh"

You're a fucking idiot. Did I say anything about comparing it to some other version of Lex? No? Oh, I guess you're just tossing that stupid fucking response out there to hope it lands. Tasteless retards like you who think some shit interpretation is GREAT just throw "not muh" at anyone who contradicts your insipid little opinion.

It's just Eisenburg playing the one personality he knows how to act. The "granda's sweet tea" bit was fucking out-of-place and stupid, like they had some exec come up with the idea and had it shoehorned in.

The whole thing was awkward and shit. You can see it trying to ape other movies and other successful or popular characters. But you take a whole bunch of unmatched shit and throw it together and you get a movie that has no flavor, it's just a whole pot of pretentious shit.

You want to like it because you think it will make you seem like you "get it", because you're just as pretentious and pathetic as the movie.

It's made to appeal to you, the lowest common denominator.

if they quip after the killing its ok then

He kills the granade trio. and KGBeast kills himself, and that's not the point. He stops After superman dies.

Lex was a great villian, and there's nothing you can say about it that will change that.

Why is this board so bitter and insecure about their film taste on this board? Almost everyone here is as bitter about it as Sup Forums is. Why should anyone give a fuck about what films you like and don't like?

I think it's time for us to go outside and meet people.