youtube.com/watch?v=DWMPe3wF9jQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's pretty disgusting

why?

unabashed pr

for his own company, it's not like tesla paid for an advert
the whole launch video was pr for space x anyway

I thought that was Heavy Metal at first

there is no way thats a manikin, who do you think they put in the car?

Why are the USA so superior

george soros

it's space pollution

one tiny tiny car orbiting the sun in the whole of giant space
meh

Thats the reasoning everyone uses for throwing his/her dump on the ground tho.
Dunno what material that car is made of, but I assume it won't naturally decompose unless smashing into a asteroid or something.

>round earth
Actually, this confuses and enrages the merrimutt

we can let our descendants deal with it

Are you stupid? Flat earthers think the earth is round.

You're thinking of

>sphere earth

You retard.

Pretty irresponsible desu. Especially if its only for some fun as in OP.

I am happy about the launch of the rocket, but disgusted with this space pollution
It should be a crime to launch shit into space for no scientific reason
SpaceX should retrieve the car in order to help remove space junk

the problem isn't what it's made from but how fast it is going, capture is impossible so it's just another orbit wasted

you only live once
who cares about after you're dead

>car crashes into ISS
>spaceX shut down
>elon goes to jail

Will it ever crash into earth?
I despise space junk and hope it all eventually crashes on earth

Your descendant? Think about what might happen if such a chunk would hit a space shuttle with a speed of sound.

i'd rather just enjoy life desu
i don't think there's much chance of me having descendants anyway

no, it has an elliptical orbit between earth-mars

supposedly they were going to maneuver it into a trajectory towards mars but it obviously has no thrusters so that's mathematically difficult

i don't know how crap like this is even allowed
it's scary to think a private company can just dump shit into space without a proof of destination

so it makes me think of a quote in mass effect 2 when an officer is berating a recruit for sighting his targets in space, it's like that

Well yeah, but its still not cool to trashing the earth, space or whatever if there might be people who are willed to live but have to take care on that later on tho.
Just sayin'.

>american billionaires polluting space for cringy PR stunts

The revolution can't come fast enough.

Will SpaceX ever attempt to retrive it?
It would be a huge accomplish if they do

>The revolution can't come fast enough.
cringe

>it has an elliptical orbit between earth-mars
Elliptical orbit means that it will come close to Earth eventually, right? Hope they come up with some way of dealing with that until it comes back desu.

>space privatised
>corps. take up future "im with her" type movements
>alt right white males banned from travel

I can't believe how short sighted people are here.

cringe , what happened to this board?

they cannot, these things are not meant to be chased down, it is going very fast and it has no breaks

take for example the iss, it has thrusters that can be used to lower itself down to a degrading orbit, ie, breaks to slow it so it can fall

so what happened with the roadster is the rocket was going pretty fast away from earth at an arch, they are always at an arch and it just jettisoned out like it fell out, the speed in which that rocket is travelling is the one at which the car will travel

it'll be like a comet, it is locked to the sun

Will it ever spiral into the sun?
Why isn't there a law to prevent space pollution like this?
How long until that piece of junk is no longer in orbit?

Lad, cringe has always been here in one way or another.
Whether its mainly from le donald and Sup Forums nowadays or from sjws and edgy lefties from a few years back

A good chunk of it is ironic so it doesnt matter anyway

depends on the speed, they say**** it'll take billions of years so their calculations**** mean it is fast enough

so basically as you launch there are speeds that will determine the orbits, say a b c
a for not enough, b or just right, c for over

a means slow degeneration in any orbit that you have reached, ie the iss around earth
b means stable orbit without aid
c means it will escape orbit

apparently the roadster was in c for earth and b around the sun, the acceleration need to go beyond the sun's orbit is tremendous so that's moot, saying it will orbit around the earth just means once they have enough speed to escape earth's pull they literally couldn't give a damn

there is a law and it's overseen by un....

>it will orbit around the earth
sun*

Most of the space trash is Chinese desu

>MOMMY! MOMMY! MAKE THE BAD POST GO AWAY!
kys

not really, they were testing a satellite buster and exploded into all kinds of shrapnel

there is a stable* dump ground in one of the lagrange points where all the dead satellites go

Evidence suggests that the same SC-19 system was also tested in 2005, 2006, 2010, and 2013,[10] although none of those events created any long-lived orbital debris.

Most of the space trash will fall to earth in some years anyway. The better thing to do now is just minimize how much trash we release now.

>un
What a worthless organisation

I hope that space junk won't be floating around a billion years in the future, a time long after human and most complex life on the planet will become extinct
I'd hate the last trace of human existence in the solar system is an automobile
The golden disc on the Voyager was classy, this stunt by SpaceX is tacky and shows human disrespect of the cosmos

For what its worth I think its a good way to commemorate the achievement, even if it is just a car.

underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=DWMPe3wF9jQ

it's given to the un because no one can be bothered about being responsible

I shant be reproducing

I prefer light user.

It is heading towards the asteroid belt. Which is a bigger pile of junk if you know what I mean.

Why do you guys care that it was a car? Considering this was a test flight it's not like they could put something actually worth money like a satellite since the rocket could explode and since they have to test if it can take payload up if not the roadster then they would have used a concrete block for the mass test. Would you rather they send a car up or a concrete block painted with logos all over it

something that has vector thrusting would be nice so it can crash by itself, it's what any responsible organization would do

don't treat your lifetime as the last, other people have to live here later too

Sounds like bullshit to me. The orbits close to Earth are literally filled with debris. So that car is just a tiny spec compared to all the junk that is there already. And it is going float around much further away from the Earth. A non-issue.

it may not be now but it's not like trash that will just degrade in time, it's literally there forever, another second waiting for it to pass is another second of future we'll never have just because they want a floating car without vectoring in space, it's wastefully illogical

The Car is going into into interplanetary space.
It being space debris is a non issue.

your scope is too narrow

So we have to worry about the Universe now?

>car is heading towards asteroid belt
>knocks some asteroids and causes a chain reaction sending a huge one to earth and wipes everyone out