Why is it literally perfect?

Why is it literally perfect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UTFP9QQzEL4
youtu.be/uxfoa23skHg
youtu.be/b-O0Aw6WXko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because everyone involved was young and passionate at the time. They all tried their hardest to make something truly special.

Can't wait for the reboot in 20 years

Yeah just like raimi's spiderman. If the early 2000s need movies that really define that era like taxi driver and the graduate for the 70s and 60s i think spiderman and lotr arent bad picks.

its not though.

No POC

>Wasn't generic market-researched shit like we get nowadays
>CGI was understated and, as a result, still holds up fairly well today
>Memorable great soundtrack
>Every major character gets development across the trilogy
>The ents are going to war

inb4 pol but there was no ESS JAY DUBBLE YOO nonsense

it was just pure story kino no pandering or fan service for anything else, no unnecessary quips, great worldbuilding, subtle special effects and a great ensemble cast

Stuck mostly to the source material (with some exceptions, like Evil Faramir), didn't add too much random crap, streamlined what needed to be streamlined, and the actors were almost all terrific.

>inb4 pol but there was no ESS JAY DUBBLE YOO nonsense

They dramatically increased Arwen's role so they could give Liv Tyler something to do. I think if the movie came out today Sup Forums would be bitching about that.

No studio-mandated diversity for diversity's sake.

Unlike pic related.

It's White.

its not perfect, just very very very good

i didnt really care for all of the ent shit in two towers for example, although i suppose it was necessary because otherwise merry and pippin would do fuck all in tht movie

This.
Also it predated Hollywood's bullshit political agendas.

>It's a great movie because there're no niggers

She took the place of Glorfindel which is understandable streamlining. Not really the same thing as creating a whole new female character like they did for The Hobbit.

Incorrect: no STUDIO-MANDATED niggers.

Reading comprehension, you dumb nigger.

it was made in pretty much the modern golden age of cinema
camera technology was surging, people could regularly afford cinema tickets, it was customary to watch cinema, and computer aided graphics had finally become good enough not to be noticed unless forcefully looked for
just look at the other films with similar dependency on cgi that came out around the same time like
>reign of fire
>troy
>independence day
>spider-man
>braveheart
all of them very well done

>the graduate

is this something I need to marathon?

tbf Tauriel really wasnt that bad and certainly was not the worst thing about those movies

>billy connolly riding a cgi pig
>cgi elf clone army
>le funny stoner wizard

>The ents are going to war.

Get fucking chills when I even THINK about that scene

Remember Arwen being criticised quite a bit, especially since it changed Aragorns story and we got less Anduril action. But some romance balances the film out somewhat and Tolkien was pretty shit with romance.

also, piracy didnt noticeably affect the industry

Greatest waifu in film history.

While the special effects hold up the greenscreens, particularly in the third, are conspicuous and distracting. It makes them look way more dated than nearly any other film from the past 20 years.

It's fucking horrible. Give me a Ray Harryhausen stop motion flick over this slop anyday.

I remember riding one of the horses they used for Rohan's cavalry when I was in New Zealand. They literally just copypasta'd the same ~13 horses for that scene in Return when they come down the hill

It's astounding to me that these movies were made for roughly 100 million each and now we've reached the point where a single movie can cost 250m+

>i didnt really care for all of the ent shit in two towers
whatyoutube.com/watch?v=UTFP9QQzEL4

That was more to do with increasing sex appeal rather than any girl power feminist agenda. It's basically all guys other than her.

its a good film. go ahead

youtube.com/watch?v=UTFP9QQzEL4

Honestly that's more of a personal pick on my part. Im sure theres a lot of people on 4 chan who hate that film, but for me its one of the perfect films of new hollywood. Its a movie in the vein and quality of the godfather, taxi driver etc. About individuals becoming men, understanding what it means to be an adult the isolation and disillusionment of that experience etc.

>no unnecessary quips

There is some unnecessary Gimli + Legolas stuff

It's more astounding that Weinstein actually allowed Jackson - a guy who'd never done anything on this scale before - to make the trilogy back-to-back. In any era of filmmaking that was an extremely risky decision.

Yeah, but there's charming stuff in there too to balance it. For every "Or shall I get you a box?", there's a "How about with a friend?"

Actually you can thank based Bob Shaye at New Line for that.

It used a thimble full of Tolkein's greater legendarium to give depth to the simple action fantasy story. Everyone wanted it and no one noticed how far it strayed from the books because they hadn't read them at all or not since they were kids. It played on nostalgia and it gave a visual language to what had only been aped in other lesser works of film up to that point.

i think it was all fine. john rhys-davies is charismatic af and works supremely well as a semi-comic relief sidekick (indiana jones is another example). he and legolas giving each other shit was an example of their growing friendship and the ages old dwarf/elf bad blood.

my dad was an orc.

The Haradi do exist in Middle Earth and since Sauron corrupted the vestiges of Numenor it makes sense you'd find some of them in Mordor. Are you a fucking moron?

yeah, agreed

Fellowship of the Ring is honestly up there with Excalibur as the finest fantasy movies of all time. Two Towers and Return of the King haven't aged as well imo, the excessive CGI didn't help.

Plenty of book fans noted the discrepancies but for the most part, they were understandable when adapting the story. Except for Faramir.

One important thing to note is that Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh were really attentive to fans via message boards and such. That's why really bad decisions like having Sauron come out and fight Aragorn at the black gate was avoided.

How did they manage to create the comfiest games of all time?

Battle for middle earth 1, 2 and rise of the witch king are the pinnacle of comfiness.

What the fuck was up with Faramir? His portrayal in the movies made no sense.

I really wish they become available on GOG one day.

Except that's not a Mordor character. It's a Gondorian character. The game is attempting to portray the downfall of Minas Ithil into Minas Morgul and there's a fucking nigger who has a position of authority in it.

Yeah I don't get it. Having Frodo offer him the Ring and him resisting the temptation like in the book would have worked just fine on film.

no niggers

Would it have even made sense for Sauron to have physical form in the battle at the black gate? Is he reformed in the books? I know they filmed the scene of Aragorn fighting Sauron (later switched out for the troll) and it even made one of the trailers. Shouldn't Jackson as a massive Tolkien fan have known never to do that in the first place?

yeah. I would buy them instead of having to pirate the bloody game each time I have a nostalgia fever

It wouldn't have made any sense and thankfully they reversed that decision.

>Would it have even made sense for Sauron to have physical form in the battle at the black gate?

Considering that in Fellowship, Gandalf specifically states "he cannot yet take physical form", the answer to your question is, "NO."

I think it can be said that a lot of men see LOTR as a bastion of childhood imagination. It's a book so many have revered and loved that almost everyone involved in the film's financing, production and acting had a genuine interest in preserving the beauty of the book, mainly for sentimental reasons. Just my take though.

It's easier. Same props, same actors. Really it's just a 10h / $300m film.

Reminder that Feanor did NOTHING wrong

>The words of a banished king
>"I swear revenge"
>Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
>Full of hate full of pride
>We screamed for revenge

Yes, but if the first one fails then that's $100m gone, not $300m

The trilogy was mostly faithful to the books and not dumbed down to reach a 'broader' audience. Creative decisions were made based on artistic merit rather than marketing strategy.

It's epic fantasy made for people who appreciate epic fantasy.

youtu.be/uxfoa23skHg

oh cool, hadn't heard about this. Shadow of Mordor was fun

Yes, yes, this doesn't change the fact that you're a racist and you should head on back to Sup Forums.

I'm happy it was filmed before SJW took over

You don't get to defend a black person in Gondor while praising Tolkien's work and works that adhere to its intentions.

>tfw can't find the theatricals in decent quality

I could find a 70gb 10-bit x265 pack of the trilogy but not the theatricals

>Y-you don't get to!
And you don't get to treat Sup Forums as /pol2/. Now fuck off.

>shelob is a human female
Why the fuck did they do this?
youtu.be/b-O0Aw6WXko

Great fucking album m8. Tolkien was a blessing to this world.

>I'm okay with black people in Gondor, fucking white women n sheeeiiit

Tolkien would spit on you.

>tfw listening to the menu theme on the first game

They did that with Aragorn already and Jackson didn't want to create the same situation with Faramir.

>like raimis spiderman
Holy fuck you fags can't go five minutes without capeshit
Because you're a lotrfag redditor the aren't and get worse

...and white...