Why does Sup Forums like this?

Interstellar and Dunkirk are better on every level

>BUT DUDE LONG TAKES ARE FOR PATRICIANS
You can have long quiet scenes that are both good and bad. Just because its long doesnt automatically make it good fucking hell.

>DUDE THOSE SCENES MAKE US APPRECIATE TECHNOLOGY AND SHIT
a competent director would have directed those scenes in a way that doesn't put a hyperactive 5 year old to sleep. It's just shitty film making, no excuse.

>IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LASER GUNS AND SJW PANDERING FOR YOU LIKING
Fuck off. Before Sunrise was litterally just two people walking around a city, talking and it wasn't boring for a second. You know why? BECAUSE IT HAD A COMPETENT DIRECTOR!

>DUDE BUT THE AENDING WAS PRETTY LSD TRIPPIN LMAO
So it's confirmed the drugs have destroyed your brains. 2001 fans are literally DUDE WEED LMAO tier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qmWZlbgUZDA
youtube.com/watch?v=XYHrv2Z1Q7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. Nolan

t. Nolan

t. kubrick

Why do you care? Are you Nolan?

I agree with some of the criticisms. Like starting on a pure black screen was a waste of everyone's time imo but probably was a little more interesting if you experienced it when it came out in theaters. Anyway, HAL scenes make up for all of that pure kino.

>DUDE EVOLUTION IS LIKE A SPERM RACE LMAO

Chris you should know better than to shill your movies here.

Stop posting this in every thread.

The ending is fucking terrible and pretentious, yes. I prefer the book which gives an actual explanation of what's going on and has some cool stuff like megascale engineering.

t. Nolan

>lol i have no argument so i'll call you a director i don't like instead

t. Nolan

So is this just one intellectually threatened dweeb who starts this same thread every day about a 1968 movie he didn't think had enough laser guns in it? I'm amused by the rage.

Why the fuck even bring up Dunkirk if you're complaining about a science fiction film?

I'm actually baiting to stir up discussion

2001 is not about the story.

Well yeah, the movie certainly isn't. It's about cool shots and exploration of some neat hard scifi concepts.

But I still don't like the silly ending, which cut out the only interesting things about the already mediocre book ending.

Why? That's what this retarded movie is about

What concept are you talking of?

No it's not

>We wuz monkeys n shiet
Litterally planet of the apes with some sperm inuendos.

yes it is
babies aren't made of space ships you know

No it's not

2001 has never been praised on Sup Forums what the fuck, YOU'VE GONE FUCKING SENILE Sup Forums JUST STOP

No it's not

>DUDE WATCH OUT YOUR WIFE'S SON LMAO
>DUDE I FAKED THE MOON LANDING LMAO
>DUDE MICKEY MOUSE IS LIKE HITLER BUT FOR AMERICA LMAO
>DUDE ILLUMINATIS CONFIRMED LMAO

Fucking trash. Stop praising this hack please

not an argument

Are you trying to say kubrick said dude and lmao too often?

Yes it is

Yeah the ending sucks but you have to admit the SFX in the rest of the movie are incredible. Except for the weird LSD part.

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm familiar with the moon landing theory but what the hell is this other shit.

I've always said one needs to be high as a kite to properly enjoy these

I think Kubrick was a secret stoner

Maybe he just thought like a stoner...

I have yet to see anyone who uses that DUDE meme that has an interesting or valid opinion about anything. Pleb signaling.

t. Nolan

t. Nolan

>a competent director would have directed those scenes in a way that doesn't put a hyperactive 5 year old to sleep. It's just shitty film making, no excuse.
This is not an argument, elaborate on it using facts or fuck off.

This thread sucks.

This thread is amazing.

I wish baitposters put some effort into their responses instead of posting surface level what does this mean memes.

The levels of meaning in 2001 are vastly deeper than interstellar or dunkirk.

That's not what it's about. Thanks for proving you don't know what you're talking about.

You didn't understand any of the movie, just admit it. Interstellar also has some symbolism but nowhere near as much as 2001: youtube.com/watch?v=qmWZlbgUZDA

DUDE
U
D
E

It's hard to choose sides in this argument. On one hand the landing sequences and all the miniatures etc are really well done for it time and truly trendsetting.

On the other hand the editing can be fucking redicilous at times (a lot of times). For example the endless cutting between the guy piloting the small spacepod to save his buddy from space. Lets call the shots of him piloting (looking at imaginary controls, looking up at the camera) shot A, and his thumbling/forever spinning friend in space B.
There's literally a sequence of about 5 minutes of A>B>A>B>A>B>A>B>A>B>A>B where nothing happens except for them getting closer to eachother. We learn nothing new during this sequence.

2001 has too many moments like this where the average viewer already understands what is happening but yet it continues to be shown for another 10 minutes, fucking boring. You can really blame the film though since it came from a period in time where stuff like this had to be shown a lot longer on screen because it was all so new to the people at the time.

t. Nolan

>On the other hand the editing can be fucking redicilous at times (a lot of times).
Well, yes, if you have ADHD and are used to the Fast and the Furious movies that is true

Are you even surprised? The problem is this board's, and on a larger scale this site's, prioritization of feels over reals, which can usually be exhibited by the line
>your opinion is wrong because its not mine
Holy christ, the first replies to this thread are the SAME response from INDIVIDUAL posters, showing the complete lack of forethought in the argumentation of one opinion or the other.
But its not like OP didn't deserve it. There isn't a single objective criticism by OP, though expecting one in return he sits at his desk and strokes his lethargic ego, congratulating himself on stumping the greatest minds on Sup Forums while simultaneously refusing to entertain the idea that he himself set the stage for subjective, uninformative, and uinitiated response.

*tip*

Can you explain in your own words I'm not watching a fucking YouTube video

t. Nolan

The first half of interstellar is HILARIOUS.
I was full on belly laughing during the NASA scenes they were so stupid. I'm a skeptic Murph- 4 minutes later- I think the dust on your floor may have sent us coordinates to a secret geocache just up the road!

Then they arrive at the super secret norad bunker and are just invited in. Oh by the way our small team of like 30 guys in a mountain are building space rockets next to our conference room.

WHAT KIND OF ANOMALY? DID YOU SAY GRAVITY? WOAH, It all makes sense now! It must be the wormhole! literally 2.5 minutes later and hes leaving earth.

Its not good.

I was going to add a bit about the fedora response, thanks for doing it for me.

hmm, yeah no watch the video and I posted that one because it's entry level otherwise I would've posted this one for people already in the know: youtube.com/watch?v=XYHrv2Z1Q7I

None of these are arguments on why interstellar is better

This thread is terrible. If you're reading this bail out before it's too late! NOTHING TO SEE HERE

t. Nolan

Kubrick was just the first to do the le may may, slow paced, lsd fueled, space odyssey.

It's a shit movie, just like FMJ, Barry Lyndon, Clockwork Orange, along with all of his other "mastapieces".

This guy was not a "renegade" like that song claims. He's just another jew that got to the inevitable meme first.

t. Nolan

this.

not to mention the love theme fist fucked down the audience's throat.

nolan still has a lot to learn.

ur memes are so fresh

user if you understand the movie then clearly you can make an argument to those who don't without having to resort to 3rd party videos.

Okay, I'll go for it. But you're going to disregard every word I write. 2001 is the freemasonic history of mankind from our origins to our future.

Our origins: Humble apes who know nothing. The monolith arrives (Promethean technology from the gods). The apes who make contact with the monolith develop tools, using the bone as a weapon.

Fast forward to space: Mankind makes contact with the monolith again. Man's conflict between himself and the technology the power of the monolith has allowed him to create: the AI. Man overcomes this and moves on to...

Our future: The merging of man with the monolith. Achieving immortality through technology. The death, rebirth, and ascension of man into starchild (the man of the future) returning to Earth and shaping a new world.

The monolith is the screen you are looking at right now. It is the cinema screen. It represents all technological achievement with the end goal being the accomplishment of transhumanism.

That is the esoteric meaning of this film.

This is accurate but overly simplistic. The phallic and womb-like symbolism is there and fits hand in hand with this:

Doesn't surprise that much, got used to it after being here for over 2 years, but it's annoying when people assert their opinion as the superior one without giving any valid argument to support it. If you're going to discuss, do it right or fuck off, since you're not bringing anything of worth to the table and you're not only wasting my time, but your's, as well.