Is weeb influence on Western animation a good thing? I fucking hate anime so I think it's bad

Is weeb influence on Western animation a good thing? I fucking hate anime so I think it's bad.

We had this exact thread with the same fucking image.

OP what the fuck are you even doing.

Balancing the catalog with non SU threads I imagine

It's led to some interesting changes in the medium. A lot more series have more engaging animation styles and it's led to some really cool cross-culture collaborations. Studio WIT animating for Korra and TRIGGER doing the opening animation for Black Dynamite are a couple of the better ones I can think of off the top of my head.

>Batman = Gendo
>Alfred = Gendo right hand man
>Robin = Shinji
>Starfire = Asuka
>Raven = Rei
>Angels = Joker villains
>Joker = Lilith
Theres even a scene where Robin jerks off to Starfires broken and unconscious body!

But that doesn't make sense since no one in Japan has talent in animating. It's why anime as a medium is shit and collapsing, there's nothing worthwhile it's just all shitty fanservice.

>Gendo right hand man
fuyutsuki

and i guess red x would be kaoru?

Every 2 months we have the
>describe your last shit with a quote from spongebob
With the same OP image and the same replies.

That's not so much a discussion but just image dumping with a joke.

This shit should've been wrapped up already.

West isnt any better state. Atleast i can still find some good anime every season. It has alot shit but goes with everything not just anime. And that fanservice you hate so much keeps normalfags away from anime

Isn't it a better state? Disney and Pixar rule animation, and DC pumps out good shit.

Eh well if you like it the sure but i am not interested in those. Sure when we are talking about 3D animation i can agree that japs are shit at that.

>Disney and Pixar rule animation
that's supposed to be a good thing?

That's an incredibly simplistic argument.There's plenty of worthwhile animators in the industry. Bones, Madhouse, TRIGGER, just to name a few studios that have produced amazing work by talented directors and animators. That doesn't mean that there isn't a lot of crap being produced that produces revenue because it's easily digestible but what entertainment industry doesn't have that as well? Movies, music, fucking comic books. If you're going to have such strong opinions at least make sure they're better informed before you start sharing them.

>DC pumps out good shit

I guess if you like sub par glossy psuedo-anime garbage. haven't enjoyed the animation on anything since the red hood movie and even that wasn't anything special.

That's my problem with anime and Japan. CG is the norm to the rest of the world and they insist on crappy hand drawn animation. Like NO ONE likes that shit anymore, get with the times.

But i do and i hope anime will not go full 3D anytime soon.

>I hate all anime

This is like saying i hate all comics. I bet I could find you something animated in Japan that you'd enjoy.

It's like someone saying "I don't like superheros so all comics are crap" when they're a fan of gritty detective stories. I could grab a whole box full of comics from across the globe that they'd love.

The sheer amount of stuff that's been produced from animation studios in Japan means that you're almost bound to have at least something that OP'd enjoy.

They're trying it seems (see Berserk).

Anyway, did you like pic related then? It got blown the fuck out by Big Hero 6.

Slight visual references (mostly stemming from manga, not from anime and the long running anime promotions for the manga) and bastardised aesthetics do not really count.

In fact, one of the largest infleunces on Western animation I can think of from Japanese practices is the OVA format of distribution which has led to some of the best stuff coming out of DC's animation licenses.

>Disney film wins Oscars.

Disney always wins the Oscars because it's Disney and the Oscars don't give a shit about animation.

Tell me right now that Frozen deserved to win the Oscar against The Wind Rises.

If it was live action and from a Hollywood Studio, The Wind Rises would have been classed as pure Oscar bait.

But Frozen is one of the greatest feats in animation history, while the Wind Rises is pretentious shit made by some hack past his prime.

(you)

>I hate something, so I think i is bad

Havent actually seen it probably should some day

Sup Forums is making fun of us again