ANAD Avengers #13 Storytime

Please help me understand the ending of this comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For more info, read issue #6.

Vision is on Carol's side in this issue. He's on Tony's side in Civil War II #4. May be a continuity mistake.

Here we finally learn how they're using Ulysses powers after the trial of Hawkeye.

This splash pages are really Bendis-ish.

I feel like this narration is really aping off the style of King's Vision series.

Here it gets annoying.

I think it's a nice touch. It adds cohesion to the Avengers universe. Without this kind of thing Vision's series would seem really out of contiuity.

meant to
So what the hell? Next issue will be about Wasp. We wont hear about this for months. Maybe not until the next Avengers volume. So dissapointing. Maybe this is obvious if you know more about Kang? I dont know.

Or he might change his mind. I don't know.

Letter pages. And that's all folks.

That's why is said "may be". Vision is not showing up in any other future tie-in (based on soliciatations). In the main book he's already with Tony and in ANAD Avengers chances are he wont show up again. Also, he's a being of logic and you've to be a total retard who does shit because he's angry to be on Tony's side.

Kang, I am your father!

Why does it look like vision's dialogue is coming out of Ulysses' eye?

Colorist fucked up.

He simply predicted what he was about to say, true believer!

So is this how we get iron boy/ young kang.

Wait what? Information womb? This is new, he's never needed anything like this to make predictions before.

before, he just had them whenever, usually while asleep
this lets them trigger them on command

might also be why/how Qung emerged as a splinter entity of Kang's

So Vision is the only one aware that time machines and Kang exist right now for some reason.

And he still cares about Ulysses because?

Calling it: The shadow is vision himself

Is this that X-Men bad guy?

Why is he bald? Pre-Rama-Tut Kang lhad brown hair. And he definetly wasn't dressed like that.

or some weird gestalt vision/kang hero from a potential future trying to make his existence more likely

Oh dear God, Kang's history is about to get even more confusing, isn't it?

Were the FF aware of the fact that Kang the Conqueror is Nathaniel Richards' descendant? You'd think they would have told Vision.

According to Ultimates, the past is changing.

>Without Kang, there is no Immortus. Without Immortus, you never get created as part of Immortus' plan to get you to marry Wanda Maximoff.

I feel like this whole story is just retreading a story we've already seen. 'What if Kang never became Kang the Conqueror' has already been covered back in the very first arc of Young Avengers vol 1, when Iron Lad first tried to avoid his fate and subsequently we know there are far reaching consequences in the present if Kang doesn't exist. The Vision should be aware of this considering how his previous body (Jonas) was an amalgamation of the Vision's and Iron Lad's operating systems.

Continuity error or does Waid just not give a fuck?

>Maybe not until the next Avengers volume
The tagline of the next Avengers volume is "Kang War One". You bet it'll get adressed.

*the past changes all the time

>4th dimensional being
>implying he wouldn't have every iteration of himself able to timetravel to defend his baby self at the drop of a hat.

Rule of thumb is you never kill baby Hitler because whatever would fill the void of his existence could potentially be infinitely worse.

Plus, with no Kang there's no Immortus, and with no Immortus, there's no Vision, and with no Vision, nobody ever kills Kang.

And if you kill Kang, youll just create a divergent Kang.

depends who Waid has been talking too

Ewing had Galactus talk about how a future doesn't need to be guaranteed, merely sufficiently probable, in order for someone to time-travel from it to the present and vice versa

which means Vision didn't travel to THE future, he travelled to A future, and killing baby Kang there wouldn't automatically undo everything Kang has done in the past or the present because that could easily have been a Kang from a different possible future
one alternative option, then, would be to take a Kang and raise him to be the anti-Kang, someone who patrols time and thwarts all versions of him every chance he can

>Ulysses is a weeaboo
Well how about that.

But if no one kills Kang then Immortus comes to be and Vision is born to kill Kang. It's a self fulfilling paradox

>one alternative option, then, would be to take a Kang and raise him to be the anti-Kang, someone who patrols time and thwarts all versions of him every chance he can
That sounds familiar

Silly Vision, you can't kill Kang
EVERYBODY'S KANG
>youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU

Because they came to him randomly. If they want to go full Minority Report, they need him to be constantly pumping them out. This is a device basically designed to force predictions.

Vision was awfully yaranaika this issue

This stupid plot device again.
I hate when writers write unheard dramatical words, because most of the time they're lazy to work on them or they just simply want to drop a potential future event that they have not thought yet.

First arc of Avengers is about Kang so yeah, this issue was likely just to set that up. I reckon all the remaining ANAD Avengers issues will just be set-up for Champions and Avengers.

Now you must acquire a taste for freeform jazz.

So, did Vision change history? Because we know from Iron Lad flashbacks that Kang's parents were still around when he was a teen.

Unless the multiversal reboot did change how time-travel works, no, Vision only made a new parallel universe... also, Kang isn't actually native of a future related to 616, but diverging earlier.

I really hate how this event has turned T'challa into Carol's bitch

I hate how Peter, after seeing what Tony did in the first Civil War is siding with the side who is locking people up without any evidence beyond a vision that has already shown to be flawed

Peter has predictions of his own. He's probably on Carol's side to keep it from devolving into a fascist regime

Doom Time Platforms have always altered the actual timeline without creating a alternate timelines. The time-machine Vision used was a Doom Time Platform.

Actually, they never did. EVERY time-travel instance only makes more parallel dimensions.
Well, more correctly they never did before Secret Wars, but Ultimates has them talking how they DID, so I guess that's how they work NOW. Blame Franklin, as usual.

Still, Kang is from a future diverging centuries before the Marvel Age.

I wouldn't kill baby hitler I would though say to him in art school. "Keep it up it's looking very nice when you finish this painting I would like to buy it for my collection." Why kill someone when you can make them a better nicer person.

I know were all damn capable of evil, it just takes the right push to make us release our evil.

Wrong Doom's time machine was specifically created to prevent parallel dimensions and even if i can't cite golden age examples offhand I can point out the uniqueness of Doom's time platform itself was part of the plot in X-factor when Madrox and Layla were getting help from Doom.
Ultimates did not invent the uniqueness of Doom's time machine. Ewing just actually remembers his continuity like usual.

Oh, haha, wow. You're an idiot.
You don't even realize why.

This means that Avengers created to Kang ?