Americans, Is New York City cool? It's only like an 8 hour drive, do tourists go there? What is there to do?

Americans, Is New York City cool? It's only like an 8 hour drive, do tourists go there? What is there to do?

its a very cool tourist city, but definitely not a great place to live. A few days there would be very fun OP

I want to try white castle and I have a few days off. Is it an expensive place?

>is NYC expensive
The absolute state of Canadian education

By big city standards

You'll probably like it, most Canadians I've spoken to enjoyed their time in NYC.
It's pretty filthy though.

Boston's cooler.

I grew up near nyc all my life and work there now

idk
I want to escape but whenever my greek relatives visit they like it a lot. It is cool in manhattan where you're surrounded by giant skyscrapers. I frequently stop as I pass the world trade center to look up and it's a very great feeling. It's best when it's night time on a weekday when there's fewer people running about there. I also live in jersey now and seeing the manhattan view over the Hudson is also beautiful.
I hate the people generally though.

Why?
Nice, is there any "Only in New York" things that the rest of the states doesn't have?

Yeah, it's a great tourist experience. But here's some rules.
>Don't make eye contact
>Don't stop moving unless if you found a space to take photos.
>Ignore the homeless, especially on the subway
>Under any circumstance, do NOT communicate with the mascots in Time Square. They're cut throat and will shake you down for everything you have. They're scum.
>Don't take the subway unless if you have to.

idk
civilized people
not so many hood trash niggers
new york is just a real fucking mixed bag so it's hard to say. NYC is very different from anywhere else in the world, nevermind the USA. The best, brightest, wealthiest, and dumbest trash is all here. It's all I know really, so I can't compare very well. I really don't know what tourists do here other then bars/see the standard sights. I don't know how that's fun

What's wrong with the subway?

>Don't make eye contact

??? tf? yea with niggers i guess

>Don't take the subway unless if you have to.

unless he has money to burn on taxis, he has to. but yea i hate the subways they are disgusting.

It can get easily crowded, expect long delays too. Delays are getting worse too.

I don't like Trump, but he's right about the fact that America's infrastructure (well NYC at least) is trash

it doesn't work

I've lived in NYC for 7 years now. It's an absolute shithole. Trust me, there is nothing worth seeing here.
>expensive
>full of niggers, spics, muslims, and chinks
>only thing to do is go to bars and restaurants
>public transit is shit and can't handle the demand
>traffic is horrendous, takes forever to travel only a couple miles
>all of the food is overrated
>touristy shit is just a disney land for eurotrash and midwesterners
>most people here have an iq lower than room temperature

avoid, user. I was planning on moving last year but it got postponed. moving this summer and can't fucking wait to never ever come back here. This place should be nuked.

can already tell you'd be miserable everywhere

Oh, fuck

>Boston's cooler

Ha!

>I want to try white castle

Seriously, the food is terrible. I would not wish it on my worst enemies. Those who eat at White Castle are broke college students because you can get a lot with your buck. Quantity over quality.

no his right. 100%
but let me just say tourists love this shit hole and i don't get it as i said in my prior posts

based on the fact that NY is shit? yeah ok. because i would be miserable living in a comfy town with no traffic, cheap housing, and not having some disgusting crack head breathing down my neck while he's shitting his pants on the subway?
>pic related: its you

>tf?
Would you make eye contact with some of the people you see on the subway or street corners?
>unless he has money to burn on taxis, he has to.
Being a tourist and using the subway aren't a good idea. Easy to get lost, miss your train, miss your stop, fuck up your transfer, deal with undesirables and sanitation.
Also, he's also not prepared.

Dont listen to this autist that is scared of black people about the subway. I used the subway every single day for a month and experienced 2 delays of more than 5 minutes, which is standard fare for any rapid transit system. the system is dirty, but youre not eating off the fucking floor so who cares

I live in a small town. So cities still impress me with all the things to do because I don't have to live there. But among people who love big cities they say Toronto and Montreal are boring compared to big cities like New York and London. I don't know.

Still, I can't afford to Taxi everywhere and I'm not gonna rent a car 2bh

New jersey guy here, pls come here instead of jew york. Ok just joking, go to central Park it's very impressive, go in a bike tour in Manhattan to have a feel of city, and visit the museums.
This it's not thaaaaat bad

Does New Jersey have much going on?

Big cities are only fun if you got the dough

thats fair. you must be young because i felt the same way. now i'm older and jaded as fuck and just want to be in a comfy house with a garage, dog, qt wife, and no bullshit. that being said if you come then spend most of your time in Brooklyn and bang some sluts down at Union Pool.

this. you'll never run out of things to do in NYC if you have coin

Rent a bike, 12 dollars a day
No, tourists come here to do shopping in our malls or to visit 6 flags. That's basically it.

i lived in north bergen for a year waddup guy

>Would you make eye contact with some of the people you see on the subway or street corners?

no but this doesn't mean i never make eye contact with anyone

and his stuck using the subway. just ask someone for directions that looks normal. people usually will tell you what to do

north bergen ain't bad but boy isn't it illegal infested

I'm from somerset exactly that violet area. Hudson county is too hectic for me.

i was basically the only english speaking person around.

I moved in away from the city to a quiet small town, living here for 7 years now. It's boring.

that italian restaurant la sorenta or something like that is awesome

dont go to white castle in new york jesus fuckng christ. have real pizza in brooklyn. don't go to any fast food chains save for shake shack. New york has too much to offer

I'm still trying it. Looks tasty.

>I've lived in NYC for 7 years now.
Poor bastard.
My condolences.

It's shit honestly. It used to be a shithole, but a shithole with a very unique soul and identity. After it got "cleaned up", however, it remained a shithole but all the characteristics that made it interesting were gone.

I just googled white castle it looks like absolute shit

It objectively looks good though

>After it got "cleaned up", however, it remained a shithole but all the characteristics that made it interesting were gone.

Like what? Drugs?

Its just typical mediocre fast food.
No idea why people pretend its anything special.

It had a reputation for being seedy, but with a strong culture of independence and pursuit of the individual. Thus, a lot of great artists were forged there, and many defining works of music, cinema, painting, etc. were created there

Yes, exceedingly so. There are some cool things there, but I've never thought it was worth the hassle of going. I'm only twenty minutes away too.

>Nice, is there any "Only in New York" things that the rest of the states doesn't have?
The largest mausoleum in North America is there, but I'd only recommenced it if you're interested in the civil war.

Meh that works to my advantage. Less seedy=safer for me.

Sounds cool.

Eh, it's basically a giant tourist trap living off its old reputation for being the culture capital of America nowadays. It's FULL of scam artists, the streets are roaming with old drug addicts dressed in bootleg cartoon costumes waiting for some gullible family to take pictures with them - then they threaten to stab your kids if you don't give them all your money

Do they have charts like this for every state?

You're exaggerating right?

That's a bit of an exaggeration, they'll just keep demanding more and more money for "their service" in a semi-threatening tone until your pockets are cleaned out basically

pssh I'm not giving some asshole my money

The stab part is certainly an exaggeration but yeah there's a lot people dressed in cartoon costumes that wait for gullible folk like that

That's fucking weird. I've never seen that in Toronto or Montreal. Scams are usually more subtle.

The mascot thing is pretty common in touristy American cities, I hate them
If you want to see some good old fashioned scamming though, go to New Orleans. It's a fucking artform down there.