Should we be worried about this thing?

Should we be worried about this thing?

express.co.uk/news/world/680167/Russia-tests-Yu74-hypersonic-nuclear-glider-capable-carrying-24-atomic-warheads

>Travelling at up to 7,680 miles per hour - theoretically capable of travelling from Moscow to London in around 13 minutes
>can deliver atomic warheads to a precise target through any defensive shield set up by an enemy nation to block approaching missiles.
>Each Sarmat missile can carry up to 24 nuclear-loaded Yu-74 gliders - each of which carries a nuclear weapon.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto
youtube.com/watch?v=6bS4drItm1U
pol.foundation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic_Low_Altitude_Missile
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

this is why you are going to war before it is even a thing

with honestly burger I like your version of the NWO better, if such thing happens and I could I would fight on your side

but be happy probably it will probably be a fight between half-autonomous machines

can't be any more irradiated than the nuke plants in france and hinkley point c will make us anyway.

so what?

also remember that:

russiatoday
sputnik
the economist
expressuk

are way obvious russian propaganda

And how the fuck is that any different than what ICBM's can already do?

watch the video with putin, where he says they cant afford to invest into defensive war technology against us aggression.

he said he'd rather invest in offensive technology, so I guess this is one of thsoe

Shiiiiiit. If the Putin can do this, just imagine what the Obongo can do.

>russia
kek I might be shaking in my boots if we were still living in the cold war, op.

be happy, probably the russians missiles wouldn't last 1 min in flight regardless of its nature.

have you ever heard of "starwars"?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto

Ghouls?

Because it is extremely difficult (read virtually impossible for current and near future ABM systems) to defeat.

I don't know, probably satellite lasers can kill them regardless

>lasers can kill them regardless
mexican intellectuals

i dont worry about anything anymore

>And how the fuck is that any different than what ICBM's can already do?
It's launch can not be detected by satellites. (Unless they know it's location and monitor it at all times)

Also An ICBM is only fast at the beginning and in space. It constantly changes speed and altitude. A two- or three-stage booster burns for a few minutes accelerating to a velocity of 25.000 km/h. The missile then escapes the Earth’s velocity and travels in a parabola for about 20 minutes, reaching a maximum height of about 1,000km.
From this height the warheads makes a re entry into the atmosphere. The terminal velocity of re-entry vehicle (warhead) of the ICBM depends on entry angle and certain individual boost phase parameters. Air resistance slows down the speed of the warheads substantially(!) to subsonic speeds.

This thing on the other hand flies at way lower altitudes making it hard to detect and it delivers the warhead directly on target without slowing down to subsonic speed.

Russian Sukhoi PAK FA, fifth-generation fighter, is a "fifth-generation fighter" in name only, the engines are the same as those aboard Russia's 4++ generation and it shares many of the Su-35 onboard systems. It's fucking 80's technology.

That hypersonic plane is just a propaganda, as always.

Look Up "Project Pluto"

tl;dr crib notes

A nuclear air ram that can stay up for months, seeding radioactive heel whenever it flys, dropping nukes at will.

Wait until Trump builds......

A METAL GEAR

Americans went with missile defense systems, Russians went with bigger and better ICBM capabilities.
Though as of late the Americans are planning to upgrade their 60s analog missiles to something contemporary.

But does it stop them from being nuked back?

No?

Okay then we are at exactly the same risk of nuclear annihilation as we have been for 50 years.

Dont worry, its gonna explode on the way to london

Now that supersoldiers are possible... They can have their Snake.

7,680 mph
I highly doubt that
What would it need to be made out of to not burn with that amount of friction ?

Fuck off zhidovski. Russian missiles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any existing interception system.

Only if the space sharks controlling them are still swimming.

Sdi is a myth

The US already has this in the form of the Trident D5 MIRVS (multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles).

The US recently demo'd it Nov 2015 - launched 140 miles into space, did a few flips indicating it could deploy up to 14 warheads at many angles, the repositioned to target another spot on the globe, and again went through a deploy action.

The US ICBM game has been on point since the 60s. Thanks and praise to Lockheed Martin.

Additonally, the US X-37B is more capable than any of these scramjet vehicles. It has a payload bay, can 'loiter' in space vs a single fire, and has already spent 2 years in space on a single mission doing classified things.

>Travelling at up to 7,680 miles per hour

The X37 is good for mach 25 (19,000mph).

>Because it is extremely difficult (read virtually impossible for current and near future ABM systems) to defeat.

Nothing is faster than a laser.

X-37B is a scientific research vehicle. No treaties were broken. It is for science things, silly.

Has Scott Manley made it in KSP yet?

In the same way all western media is western propaganda, yes

Fly safe.

That's only mach 10. That's nothing. The actual tests were done at nearly mach 20. Peeled the skin right off.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bS4drItm1U

Ceramic tiles most likely. When the Space Shuttle re-enters atmosphere it had to aerobrake from about mach 20-25 (15,000mph+) so it's completely doable.

And this article is nothing but fearmongering. It's a fancy re-entry vehicle for an ICBM MIRV. Big fucking deal. There's no way that SBIRS would miss a heavy lift rocket launch. Russia lights one of these off and you might as well strap your fucking snowshoes on because if you survive it's gonna be nuclear winter.

Sanic is

wtf i hate space sharks now

war is coming

pol.foundation

>back russia into a corner ans set up a missile shield
>expecting to not start a new nuclear arms race

This is the future you chose

what did he mean by this?

None of this matters. I'm sure someone already mentioned the trident MIRVs. You can shoot down some, but both america and russia don't have "some", we have a fucking shit load.

Fuck no, I welcome it. End our pain, based comrade Vladimir! I beg of you!

nah, we did this first a long time ago en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic_Low_Altitude_Missile
the project got "discontinued" but i guarantee it really just went black budget

It's just the logical reaction to the US building and deploying missile defense systems in Eastern Europe

Russians aren't advanced enough to shoot ICBMs out of the sky so their just building ICBMs that can't be shot down to preserve the balance of power and prevent the west from stealing Ukraine and Syria

I don't even care anymore.

Nope. China and Russia need to keep the US government and its allies in check.

China can barely handle Japan. Russia's economy is dead and needs a boost. War provides a simple solution. The USA is crumbling within, and needs to be revitalized with a war.

With Brexit. The EU is in shambles. Turkey is near caliphate levels.

There is no peace in our future. Only war.

If we know about this thing, imagine what we don't know about...

Russia please nuke everything, soon

ty

Even if you hate America, you would hate Russia or China as the only super power with no one to keep them under control a lot more.
China harvests tibetan and their own people's organs, and they have slaves, and look at them trying to start war in the south china sea which they think they own.
US needs to deal with China soon and put them back into peasantry where they belong. It wouldn't be that hard, we just need our government to actually do it.

Sure, dude, sure.
Just like the moon missions were a demonstration of America's non-aggressive scientific prowess.

you seem pretty well informed bro, keep an eye on the mainstream media for us

No because pic related was leaked much more subversively and has been a thing for a long time.

It's the endgame weapon that the US has no counter for. Russians have built thousands upon thousands of bunkers to house large parts of it's population with the intent on surviving a nuclear strike and rebuilding.

Pic related is a weapon that clocks in at least over 100 megatons and when detonated at the correct depth would unleash tidal waves that could potentially reach hundreds of miles inland due to sheer water displacement. The 50 megaton Czar bomba was only 50 megatons out of the 100 megaton design and it shattered windows 5000 kilometers away.

These could be detonated at multiple sites along the united states coastlines and would kill well over half the population in the strike. combine that with ICBM's in a 1000 warhead scenario and there will only be fragmented pockets of survivors along with the elites who have underground bunkers only for the several thousand.

I bet you could take high level military strategists from both Russia and the US and administer a truth serum, then ask them what happens if Russia 'kills half the american population with nuclear weapons.'

The unanimous answer is going to be 'not a single russian will continue to exist'.

That's the thing though. Russians have built the infrastructure to survive the end game 1000+ warhead exchange. US has not in any capacity outside continuity of government. After the planet gets over a multi decade nuclear winter my money is on Russia actually rebuilding anything.

What's left of the government will get eaten by whatever crawls out of the ashes over here.

Wasn't it developed in the early 90s though? Those warheads are conventional re entry vehicles that follow a fairly predictable path and can be detected the same way we would detect targets for our missile shield. This is as opposed to the hypersonic gliding employed by this clickbaity system, which is far more difficult to detect and engage.

Still doesn't change the fact we'd probably see the launch and go straight to the nuclear armageddon though.

>the economist
>russian propaganda
do we read the same paper?

Lol they probably have alien tech if bob lazar wasn't lying.

Russia are you even trying?

That's exactly the point.

>US starts surrounding Russia with ABM systems designed to neutralise Russia's nuclear potential and destroy the geopolitical balance between east and west
>Russia develops new weapons to counter the ABM systems and maintain the balance
>Russia is bad because of this

>nuclear winter.
Pls

We have had nuclear subs for awhile which are almost undetectable and can pop up right off the coast and have a nuke in a city in minutes before anybody would know what to do.

And guess what, most major cities have some type of waterway connected to the ocean (maybe not russia).

Mutually assured destruction has been a thing for awhile now.

meme technology as far as nuclear warfare is concerned

ICBMs are literally faster and harder to kill

>War helps the economy meme

weren't we supposed to be making one of these as well?

>When the Space Shuttle re-enters atmosphere it had to aerobrake from about mach 20-25 (15,000mph+) so it's completely doable.

Space shuttles have blunt noses which deflect the shockwaves so more heat is dissipated into the surrounding air than onto the vehicle. A pointy design will have huge heating problems at Mach 10.

Maybe? Might have launched.

the guntards will shoot that shit down with their glawks and ARs. we are safe

Will they shut down the atoms?

>not just deactivating the atoms

yes 5.56 is about the size of an atom and very accurate. they got this covered

wew honestly didnt catch that

According to Freidman, you better get used to supersonic aircraft fucking shit up. Though in his opinion it was a move away from total war and more towards tactical strikes.

Upon further reflection, we have decided that Russia can keep those islands.

>Not taking one (more) for the team...

Japan is having flash backs

They Mirin'

The blinky one at the end literally says, "Can I touch before I draw?"

>tfw no webmes cause I'm on mobile

I'm waiting for the nukes. The second I hear of explosions I'm driving to the nearest Wal-Mart (designed to be military depots in times of war, so super sturdy) and opening some nice whiskey.

post the full clip

It's just a bunch of Jap school girls freaking out at the sight of a muscly white guy and miring hard.

...why?
That's why ICBMs exist.

dailymotion.com/video/x16n2oa_aidol-131018-ske48-no-ebi-friday-night-ep03_fun

>ske48
>literally the inaka middle-of-fucking-nowhere branch office clone of akb48
>country autists come from their rice fields and pig farms to watch them perform in a state-of-the-art entertainment facility which includes a miniature light-up Ferris wheel, a ramen museum (closed due to lack of business) and a video rental place

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

the girls are from an idol group called ske48 as can be seen from the url

Ah, Domo.

this is what other countries' students learn how to do in college while ours learn how many genders there are and how evil the white man is.

then we import all our scientists from china, where they then sell our secrets back to the homeland.

>with honestly burger I like your version of the NWO better
Everyone is a barely intelligent monkey-slave underclass except the ruling elite who treat the rest of "humanity" like cattle, no civil rights, no human rights, just elites genociding masses of people and playing god

And you think that's a GOOD future

jesus christ pendejo

>Everyone is a barely intelligent monkey-slave underclass except the ruling elite who treat the rest of "humanity" like cattle, no civil rights, no human rights, just elites genociding masses of people and playing god

You are a good Proletariat.

Here is a pic of Goldstein for your daily 2 Minutes of Hate.

There's already far worse technology out there.

>>believing what the government said about X-37B

If used strategically, as a first strike weapon, we might not have much left to respond with.

That's the point, I think, user.

project pluto is hilarious

They will have to take the world back from the Finns who will laugh at this "winter" thing.

You know, the US already sends up subcritical mass fissionable material encased in protective alloy containers that can survive a rocket explosion.

How else would they get all those nukes into space?

Maybe, but I wasn't talking about that.