Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8iyJSh-W3U
youtube.com/watch?v=xBU3TR7Ggqs
youtube.com/watch?v=pNOsgzntrZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idris Elba

not purple enough

never. he's far too unknown, almost nobody would care

Rather have an Elric one if they decide to go full edgelord.

Fucking retard. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy. We have capeshit coming out of every orafice, and studios are making money hand over fist over this easily franchisable shit. D&D is a god damn fucking gold mine. Drizzt, while shit got stale after Artemis became a moral fag. But its written in a way that lends itself to the visual medium.

There are literally 30 drizzt novels, clearly some segment of the population is aware of him

Hey. I really hate when some faggot makes a reply to the post I was replying to, and is dumb and stupid, but posts before me. Please don't be stupid before me again, thanks.

fuck that sjw shit

>A race of highly intelligent, chaotic people cursed with darker skin than they had before the descent
>but with the best european facial features, all high cheek bones.

only way you could do it is put a bunch of white people in purple face since they'd cry if they used the deep ebony tones.

Though there is a nice range of skin tones with drow, it's just too political landminee.

And return benefit isn't great. I mean a lot of forgotten realms is built directly off of DnD and they've never done a good story outside of table top medium.

They've written decent books for forgotten realms. War Of The Spider Queen would make a fun series on big screen but it would be expensive and really underdark would take an avatar like budget to make it look good. All those colors?

Otherwise it would look terrible and I just don't see how it could be done on a reasonable budget.

So no movies.

Just make them white. Pure alabaster. It's the perfect solution.

That would make them something else other than drow. Drow are DARK Elves. They're originally brown but during crown wars were changed to represent their inner nature.

They wear black on the outside cos black is how they feel on the inside. Easily changeable with some clever scripting.

If you need to break fundamental parts of the race you're trying to depict, it isn't worth doing.

Drow are probably single most popular thing to come out of Forgotten realms.

Dungeons and Dragons will always be looked down upon by normies, it will never get the pass comic books were given to be successful in movies.

Link to your tumblr where you tell us all about your shitty feels when you dont get what you feel you're entitled to?

Also, i'm right. D&D is a god damn goldmine.

Are these both you? If so, I have a question to ask you. If not, nevermind.

No we're two different anons, newfag.

We're all part of the hivemind oldfag, just different reflections of the same self.

Salvatore is dead.

I'd rather have a buddy cop adventure with Ryld and Pharaun.

>Jarlaxle & Artemis movie when?
FTFY

>i'm right. D&D is a god damn goldmine
yeah, nah. normies don't give a fuck about d&d. try asking random people if they know drizzt. he's completely unheard of

I really only had a question for you, and it was about the carriage return between the link to the post you responded to and your text.

Normies didnt fucking know who Peter Quill was either. Fucking hell. Do you thing Jurassic Park because the T.Rex is so fucking well known?!

D&D directed unironically could be kinotography as fuvark.

The Licence is basically a culmination of all the capeshit licencing bullshit where Galactus, mutantants and whatever the fuck else are all spread around every studio. D&D has ALL that. But as you say, it doesnt have a really great starting point for recognition. But thats fixed with the cast.

What about it? The other elven races worked high magic against the illythiiri. The Sun Elves who were aggressors in all of the crown wars struck out and tried to destroy the other dark elf nation which culminated in something called 'Dark Disaster' Which effectively cut dark elf race in half.

They went on counter offensive and burned two, nearly three nations to the ground after that. Moon elves suffered the worst but some time during that war, the dark elves started using demon magic, and magic given to them by goddess that would eventually become Lolth.

She sent a balor amongst illythiiri. So not only were they being corrupted by a new god but they also had demon blood pumped into their part of the species.

So the elves got together and cursed them into the underdark, changing them. They used to look closer to wild/wood elves, with just a brownish skin tone. After the change they had their unique dark ashy to purple skin tone depending on said drow. With their patent white hair and white eyes or whatever variation, gold/silver to white.

That is a brief synopsis of why drow 'dharreow' - traitor, are drow.

so what's your question.

Would Sun Elves use unnecessary carriage returns between the link to the post they're responding to and their original text? Also, could a very-well equipped party of five level 5s defeat a Balor under any circumstances? Can you imagine a scenario where 5 level 5s could defeat a Balor?

you can't compare anything coming from the marvel franchise to d&d. comics are seen as quirky kind of nerdy and are hip as of right now. d&d is always seen as neckbeard hobby, so definetly not cool

Not the same user, but in one of the earliest books (if not the first), Drizzt attends some cermony and sees one of his sisters fuck a demon. Right?

>could a very-well equipped party of five level 5s defeat a Balor under any circumstances?
Not the user you're replying to, but no.
What is the max HP for a lvl 5, its less than one smash from a Baalor. They'd need godly equipment, like blessed to be anti-baalor or whatever. Baalors are hard as fuck.

>Drizzt Durden

Sounds like something I'd have come up with when I was 14. Jesus christ that's a fucking gay name.

Id love the see tv show about the political intrigue of menzoberranzan, that was the most interesting part of the first 2 the dark elf trilogy books anyway

There is nothing interesting about him except for sex with his sister
>he's far too unknown
if you played anything from Black Isle Studios than you know him

Nah, the senior year ceremony at the Drow academy consisted of the students getting into an orgy with priestesses of Lolth. Drizzt's autism kicked in and ran away.

D&D is a gold mine of sub-par fan fics

Its sad because I can actually see some executive saying this garbage and then journalist shills excusing it

>if you played anything from Black Isle Studios than you know him
that's not an argument to base a movie on

nope, he was meant to get into an orgy and his sister was his partner but he ran away

Drizzt fight with his zombiementorpop was emotional too

>all my wut, when I walked out of Underdark for the first time and all my weapons turned to dust
I think I even betrayed someone for a knife

Which never made sense to me. Drow are epicurean at heart. They're pure hedonists.

Im not sure what you want. people don't just magically know characters, you have to put out a product and push them. He is not a nobody and if you think that is not enough you could make a seminal work that get 50000 reviews on goodreads and then start a movie. who know The Sorcerer's Apprentice? a number of children at best, its not like it was a household tale and I don't see any less reason than they had for season of the witch and all the other shit they put out

I had someone have that happen to them. It's always a great scene with drowcraft gear.

>Get all this badass shit
>It crumbles to nothing

betraying phaere and ardulace was the most delicious treachery I have ever perpetrated. literally, not even knight of the old republic came close

>He is not a nobody
i know it's hard for some of you literal autists to understand. but just because he was in some rather obscure book series doesn't mean everybody knows him. even people who read books all the time mostly don't know him. do you know what kind of image d&d has outside of it's circle? it's a fucking joke. even the big bang theory has it as the most nerdy hobby there is. and no, i don't mean the cool kind of nerdy that is so hip right now, but the autistic neckbeard kind of nerdy. d&d is not cool, drizzt is not popular

he is special. When you have an "evil" race there is usually some member of said race who will join your party and A)be a jackass all the way B)hate himself and his race C)Be unusually for his people

youtube.com/watch?v=B8iyJSh-W3U

I wrote that post.

I'm just saying, I know a party of 5 level 5s who defeated an old white dragon, a glabrezu, and a vrock without anyone dying and I don't think they could take on a balor but hm I'm not sure, seems like it could be possible, idk

weren't the books on the new york best seller list for decades?

youtube.com/watch?v=xBU3TR7Ggqs
even if I agree, despite all that movies have been made for other shit .

Being on a fiction list still doesn't make it not niche.

Look how Hollywood handled the DnD movie. It was lead singer of hoobastank, the crackhead brother from Dont Be a Menace and basically every bad trope about DnD in one story.

I remember that.
I like how his zombie dad kills that beta dude Drizzt's mom is fucking.

Also remember when his sister tried to fuck Drizzt? What a faggot

Mein Neger

Good job, I laughed. He did has dark elf autism

It's unfortunate that his origin story trilogy turned out to be the worst books he was ever in.

youtube.com/watch?v=pNOsgzntrZE
all the cool tv characters are into it

>As if Dramanerds have any room to talk

When I went over with a friend during HS, we were both on football team only to find guys from all the other sports teams there in a big homebrew game. That blew my mind.

Nerds being nerds, and dramafags are nerd, nobody expects differently.

Finding your starting QB rolling d20 is a whole new experience.

I'm genuinely surprised Elric hasn't received an adaption yet. Maybe it would work better as a series if they managed to chain all the unrelated stories together?

Its funny because it is true. Drizzt is a meme, there are many far more interesting characters in the world of D&D

Like who? Elminster? Khelben Blackstaff (inb4 Idris Elba)?

Came here to post this.

D&D nerds are the unsexy, unmarketable type of nerds. They're the shut in losers that society worries about. Comic book "nerds" have been around long enough to the point where they're not only socially acceptable, but fit social norms as well. D&D, Forgotten Realms, Baldur's Gate, Warcraft are not socially acceptable and are met with disdain.

I don't know, you put a big enough marketing machine behind it and they could make it sexy. I mean they've managed to put women in every other male dominated universe and sell it.

I think you're underestimating how knowledgeable corporations are at manipulating people.

I don't think the characters in the book were level 5. And if they were supposed to be, it was definitely written moreso for the storytelling than anything else.
A balor has (in Pathfinder at least)
Aura: flaming body, unholy aura

Flaming body: Anyone striking a balor with a natural weapon or unarmed strike takes 1d6 points of fire damage. A creature that grapples a balor or is grappled by one takes 6d6 points of fire damage each round the grapple persists.

Unholy aura: if a good creature succeeds on a melee attack against a warded creature, the offending attacker takes 1d6 points of Strength damage (Fortitude negates).

These are things it does by literally standing still.

>sex with his sister
Drizzt fucked his sister?

>they've managed to put women in every other male dominated universe and sell it
did somebody say ghost busters reboot? and for all the cases where it worked out: there were enough people who wanted to see women. nobody wants to see d&d

Drow don't necessarily have same kind of blood relations inside of their House. Those kinds of names can also represent title as well as blood title.

Meaning a cousin could become The House's First Daughter etc.

I get your point but they marketed that all wrong and you know it. They purposely shit on old fans.

Look at how Disney handled The Starwars remakes and how they pandered hard to the OT.

Now imagine that same strategy with fembusters.

Lame.

Not necessarily my friend. In the first book of War Of The Spider Queen, Pharaun's sister openly admitted to trying to seduce her own brother, assuming her other sister had done the same thing to win his support in great game politics of his house.

He had both sisters wanting to bang him.

contrived shit like that is what fantasy is all about. got to show a way in which you are not tolkin

>tolkin
speaking of tolkin, my father did not know who tolkin was and had not even seen lord of the rings. In the year of our jibus 2017, so you can shove that "unknown" shit up your ass

Wouldn't work because the drow are evil and niggers would complain that they were being stereotyped.

>tfw read every single FR book ever written and Jews of the Coast erased the entire universe because they didn't want to pay anyone but Salvatore and Greenwood more than $10k/novel
I grew up on and lived this shit and they erased the universe like it was nothing. Fuck them.

I mean drow familial relations aren't like anyone elses. women of a drow house spit these children out faster than almost anyone including humans, then they let raise them in large clutches and basically ignore them until they've proven they're worth giving a shit about.

user they reset the universe because 4e was such a clusterfuck. If anything you should be happy. I know a lot of people are.

only way to win is not to play

We're not racebending the drow, fuck you.

It

might

work

you

never

know

>hollywood whitewashed drow because they can't handle strong black protagonists

You think media won't get a big whiff of a race full of people that are supposed to be dark skinned and whitewashing them won't blowback on said company?

Come on.

See this guy got exact media narrative before I did.

>fixed with the cast
if they wanted to do a true adaptation, they'd have to put them under so much make up or cgi that you wouldn't even recognize the actors. iron mans success was partly due to robert downey jrs face being seen all the time

there's lots of fun stories

>that one piece of lore that details how drow babies eat each other in the womb which causes the mother to have intense orgasms

when will we see this in a film?

They're a lot of drow stories they could tell but honestly i'm not sure there's a fanbase for it.

too fucked up for normies

Is he the Morrowind hero? Cool!

>that part of Baldur's Gate 2 where you infiltrate the drow city and have to try and fit in by being as fucked up as they are

pure video game kino

You barely do anything. The only enjoyable thing about Ust Natha was betraying the Matron Mother with her daughter while also betraying the daughter.

But user he has like 4 books coming out, several of which could be made into movies!

It would be about as successful as the Warcraft movie, minus the Asian market. In other words, almost no one would watch it.

Guardians of the Galaxy was part of a larger wave of highly successful Marvel movies, which allowed it to gain enough attention to become successful.