Now after the dust settled, we can finally agree

Now after the dust settled, we can finally agree
that this was good?

I had fun watching it, but it was not good.

Huge downgrade from Days of Future Past.

I sort of agree, DOFP was more coherent and better made, but Apocalypse finally felt like a proper X-Men movie. It really felt like a homage to X-Men #1 when the rookies fought Magneto

Only good thing from that movie is pic related. I hope we'll get movie with them.

>Only
>ONLY
Well, it was supposed to be their movie, wasn't it?

And what we got in return?

It had CGI out the ass and a stupid plot. I think they even used a CGI rock at the part where jean hid them from one of the bad guys, come the fuck on.
Wolverine origins still best x-men movie.

Blue kissable lips, and some cheesecake

It sucked

I got a bit of a chuckle at the SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THESE

but one minute of fun was not worth watching the rest of the ass movie

>hatewatching
every time

This. It's not bad, but it still forgettable compared to dofp which was a really great movie.

I like how even in the poster shes not blue

Aren't there already like, 3 blue characters?

Needed more Blink.

I dislike it more the further I move away from it.
It's so cobbled together.
Random things happen because they thought it would be cool, but it doesn't come together in any way.

Its not very good. Its another example of "we'll have the X Men team formed next time!". Also the CGI was terrible and JLaw is annoying

It's okay to have 3 blue characters. it won't make the movie explode. Guardians did it

>asian character
>cast olivia munn, don't even bother trying to maker her more chinky looking.

But guardians sucked

Hollywood would rather deal with constant accusations of racial bias than to cast an Asian person in a movie. Apparently, it's like a real serious problem with white actors taking all the roles of an Asian character. I mean, for fuck sake, use fucking Jackie chan or something. Jesus Christ, it's not so difficult

Nigga, they already formed two movies ago

I think the X-Men movies nearly always suffer from the same problem. That problem is that except in the case of First Class, the movies should be about ensemble not the individual. And unfortunately, nearly all of the X-Films did that. They focused on Wolverine, Mystique, Xavier and Magneto while reducing the rest of the cast to their cheerleaders. All the original movies focused on Wolverine and his posse, rather then the team. All the conflicts involved him in some way. Rogue was his ward. Stryker was his maker. Jean was his love. And if the Essex rumors are true, Mr Sinister is going to be focused on him.

Do you see the issue now? A team movie should be about the team. Not one singular member.

Yeah, because The Avengers are not only about Tony and Steve +some background characters.

Generally speaking, we've hardly gotten the team most people want (animated series roster). But regardless EVERY movie seems like theyre still in early stages of becoming the X Men.

They stopped a nuclear war, they stopped the bunch of terminator robots from happening, and they literally stopped the apocalypse. They have different line-ups, true, but it doesn't make the First Class team, any less of X-Men.

Ironically, the Apocalypse line-up would be the All-New All-Different one, and the FC would be the O5-tier team

Both these movies (DOFP and Apocalypse) presented us with a GOAT speedster depiction and scenes involving Quicksilver were easily the best. The rest was mediocre with occasional comfy-ness (brought in DOFP by the old cast and Jackman and in Apocalypse surprisingly by McAvoy and some of the motifs known from comic series). I think that nowadays, when Marvel movies have broken the "too silly to film" barrier, the original cast would've done wonders but that's out of question unfortunately.

I found it to be majorly disappointing, considering I really liked FC and DoFP.

Apocalypse gets his horsemen, fight scene, and then it ends. That was it. It tried to up the stakes but by the end it felt like nothing changed. And a lot of things could've been left out, like the whole part at Stryker's sanctuary.

But with that said, I really enjoyed Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse, and his scenes with Xavier were the best part of the movie for me.

Do you know what the difference is between Avengers and the X-Men.

In Avengers, a team is presented all with their issues and problems. And to his credit Whedon tries to give them a complete arc, though he did fail miserably in AoU.

With the original ones especially X-Men, the supporting cast were barely given any personality unless interacting with Logan. You could have literally called those films Wolverine and the X-Men and it would have been accurate as all hell.

But what about Jean?
Also, tell me the personality of Black Widow
Or Thor
Or Hulk

Explain to me how DoFP is a better made film than Apocalypse. Both are equally garbage and have the same flaws, yet somehow DoFP is regarded as some sort of amazing feat of cinema.

I can't count the amount of plot holes in DoFP because there are so many. Mystique is the hero in both films for some reason. Beast looks terrible all the time. Magneto everywhere. Etcetera.

Well, when you compare DOFP to other superhero movies, then yeah, it's an amazing feat of cinema

Jean? You mean Logan's girlfriend who is with another man?

Black Widow- First movie, consummate professional assassin. Second, a goddamn mess.

Thor- The warrior prince who enjoyed fighting and was a stranger in a strange land.

Hulk- First movie, a guy who was supposedly over his issues and tried to act like it, while inside he still had a lot of problems. Second Movie, same as Black Widow, a mess. It was actually the scenes that they were not together that they worked.

Remind me when I said that DOFP was better than Apocalypse, because I'm pretty sure I said they were both mediocre with the exception of QuickNEET

>Mystique
god-awful, but that's what you get for womyn characters these days mostly
>Beast
fuck that nerd
>Magneto
if they wanted him to be a hero, just fucking redeem him entirely, Xavier should've fried his fucking head at the end of DOFP

Nope.

I expected Hampocalypse in the mold of the comics and didn't get it. He didn't feel like a proper, larger than life boom, or had that presence you would associate with him with the exposure from all the media that had him as a villain.

Jennifer Lawrence's performance felt like she didn't even want to bother. Plus, the shilling of Mystique's heroism got friggin' tiring.

After what Magneto did I have no idea why they think we could possibly not be rooting for the Sentinels.

Nah, below top 5. It's not a big feat really. Or you're Sup Forums and just trolling

You call that a characterization? It's laughable.
You remind me of that faggot who said that Apoc was a granpda or something

I can do it too:
Cyclops: insecure shy leader with inferiority complex, and looking up to his brother
Jubilee: cute
Jean: teacher's pet, with Phoenix power
Nightcrawler: europoor guy, easily impressed and wants to be liked and accepted by everyone

The only trolling is unironically liking mcu-crap

KINO
I
N
O

You do realize that this is a classic scene?
It will be remembered 20 years from now as a breakthrough in cinema

>waaaah marveldrones are swallowing everything mouse throws at em

Dude, the sheer stupidity of going through the exact same motions with Xavier and Magneto third fucking movie in the row is worse than anything marvel cooked up, even in abominations like Thor 2.

>behold, your guardians of the galaxy

I don't know what I expected you fucking mong

Okay, you have a point

damn, meant to reply to

it's the second time I see this gif today

I won't deny I spend quite a lot of time on Sup Forums on Wednesdays

True, you can. But the difference is that I can actually remember the supporting cast in Avengers. They worked with characterizations and made themselves memorable.

Apart from Quicksilver none of the X-Kids left and impression. In fact, there were very few performances that left any sort impression. And that should not be possible. They are the fucking X-Men for god's sake.

I wonder why....
I actually know

Are you serious? They literally say in this movie that the X-Men were an idea Charles once had, but never got around to.

You remember, because you like them more.
I didn't even notice Black Widow in the movies

It's hard to get around, if you move by wheelchair, you ableist

And they still aren't an institution like the Avengers in their movies for example.
So far it's always just been them scraping together every mutant they could find to solve the story.
It was never "and here is Charles Xaviers trained team of super heroes". We sort of had that with the first 3 movies, but then the team was all just background characters for Wolverine to dance in front of.

>Mystique killing Trask convinced the government to create Sentinels
>Magneto kills millions and destroys a fuckload of cities
>absolutely no one cares

X-Men are clandestine, they aren't attention whores like Avengers

this

I love Fassbender, bet they're going over the fucking top with the anti-hero characterization, all the while he's wrecking more Havoc than McKellen ever was.

>It's [adjective], but [compares to other movie]

Apocalypse suffered from a scatterplot villain, with a plan so insane it doesn't make sense. The movie also pre-ejaculated. After the nuclear disarmament, the destruction of cerebro and the mansion, and the whole (fuck you Flash) Quicksilver scene, it was hard to take the actual climax as the climax.

Other than that, Apocalypse showed a great team dynamic, using younger heroes without resorting to love triangles and (they're just KIDS) bullshit. Nightcrawler was a successful comedic relief, while the other heroes were funny without being 60 QUIPS/HR tier. The tone of the movie wasn't bleak enough to be grimdark, but also wasn't bright enough to be a no weight movie. It ended up being a quality blend and a comfy atmosphere. The fight scenes were pretty great, the wolverine cameo was done well. The aforementioned Quicksilver scene was amazing. Nightcrawler's powers were used well, even Charles' powers were showcased well to remind normies why he's an important mutant. At the end of it all, the movie was extremely enjoyable and fun, which says something despite it's weak villain and recycled redemption arc.

The world believes Apocalypse was behind that. In a way he was.

I'm not really talking about the world, more about Xavier and (why does she even matter again?) Mystique

It was medriocre at best.

Holy shit, I didn't think of it that way

>he's wrecking more Havoc
Havoc actually wrecked himself though.
Which is probably still my favourite part of the movie. Apocalypse ports in, says BOO, Havoc fires fucking everything he has, misses, hits the X-Jet and for some fucking reason that thing goes fucking nuclear and destroys the whole mansion.
Then Pietro walks onto the school grounds and his fucking spider sense tells him that he's just meant to save everyone now.
It's the most pointlessly contrived and ill-written scene I've ever seen. I presume there was at some point an actual battle at Xaviers, but that must've been cut for budget reasons, but then they refused to cut the Quicksilver set-piece despite the fact that the entire thing made no fucking sense anymore on its own.
So finally Havoc committed fucking suicide by accident because Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past) is a fucking hack.

It was shit.

It was better than Suicide Squad ad Batman v Superman and Trank's Fantastic Four (what isn't?). But it was literally worse than Man of Steel, The Amzaing Spider-Man 2, and X-Men The Last Stand.

it was still shit.

Fox NEEDS to give the rights back to Marvel.

/thread

Bait levels are off the charts, captain.

I do agree that Apocalypse was shit though.

>Fox NEEDS to give the rights back to Marvel.
Legion might be cool, though.

You can't /thread your own post sumemrfag

Its hard for me to put into words the way that X-Men movies are bad.

I can tell you in detail why BvS was mediocre, it was a series of disjointed still shots poorly held together or not cohesive at all, all visual style over substance.

But the X-Men movies... the manner in which they fail is just weird, not easily defined. The closest I can come to catching it, to pinning it down, is that the storytelling has a constantly shifting love-hate relationship with the fanbase, at one moment there are story design decisions that are made for no other reason than obvious fan-pandering, then story decisions that are made that seem to exist for no other reason than to piss off those very fans it was just cock-gobbling.

It might be a subset of "Design By Committee". In some meeting room a couple of dozen people are voting on design decisions, some are major x-fan dorks that manage to get some ideas passed, some hate the franchise and manage to undermine those ideas.

Or a single writer who is schizophrenic, borderline multiple personality disorder.

>It might be a subset of "Design By Committee". In some meeting room a couple of dozen people are voting on design decisions, some are major x-fan dorks that manage to get some ideas passed, some hate the franchise and manage to undermine those ideas.
I would like to see a movie about that

So instead of it being one mutant it was another mutant. Either way they've done more to justify the Friends of Humanity than they have the actual X-men.

>implying FoH was wrong

Now that Singer won't return to direct the next X-Men movie, who do you want to direct it Sup Forums?

I unironically want Whedon.

I'd prefer Snyder tbqh fampai

It would've been so fucking easy to just have one single damn line in the movie stating how the Horsemen are mind-controlled. But, no, Eric had to have that moment earlier with a conscious choice to be evil again. But then they still wanted to have him be available for sequels with nothing resolved, but instead of actually having him run away a villain, they wanted an emotional send-off to the movie to and made them bro it up.
"Have your cake and eat it." comes to mind.

This movie is such a fucking mess of conflicting ideas, story points and set-pieces.

That doesn't make much sense, Whedon at least wrote a great X-Men run.

and Snyder is a great director for metaphors which X-men are full of :^)

Truly, it is a sign, user.

You know what you must do.