It's by far the top box office movie of all time, how come everybody just forgot about it?

It's by far the top box office movie of all time, how come everybody just forgot about it?

>No community surrounding the movie
>No cosplaying, hype around comic cons and events
>No comics, tv shows, spin offs or franchise
>No hype around the sequal
>None of your friends ever goes "ey remember that movie Avatar?"
>I never see it mentioned literally anywhere, facebook, reddit, Sup Forums no one talks about it

I remember the hype being pretty huge when it came out and that it would (3D)revolutionize the cinema experience, but still the hype fizzled out only about a year later. It's almost like it's one of those dozens of actions movies that are made every year that no one remembers , like knight and day etc

what gives

Well there's that new land at Animal Kingdom at the very least.

/k/ mentions it from time to time, it definetly had cool as fuck mechs and helis. The grunt culture was also pretty cool.

>what gives
Based Cameron isn't a whore.

He isn't going to be going out nonstop whoring action figures and making comics and kiddie shows to sell more dolls and a line of bedding.

>cool mechs
>literally just bigger version of something Cameron did in another movie 20 years earlier

There's at least one Avatar thread on Sup Forums every day.

Enjoy it while it lasts
Dec 18 2020 is D-Day

Theyre still cool as fuck, and have way better cg.

>85340849
>No community surrounding the movie
wrong
>No cosplaying, hype around comic cons and events
because those are for cringy reddit faggots/comic book movies
>No comics, tv shows, spin offs or franchise
does Citizen Kane have spin offs? How about Vertigo?
>No hype around the sequal
more hype than any other movie that's over 3 years away
>None of your friends ever goes "ey remember that movie Avatar?"
yes they do. It's one of my favourite films and my friends and I will watch it every couple months
>I never see it mentioned literally anywhere, facebook, reddit, Sup Forums no one talks about it
I can't tell you about those other websites because I don't use them but its probably one of the most discussed movies on Sup Forums

say what you will about that (honestly i doubt anyone would be interested in avatar toys now) but its not a movie people talk about, at the very least not normies.

t. Indian shill

>It's by far the top box office movie of all time, how come everybody just forgot about it?

Didn't Star Wars Ep. 7 surpass it?

>No one would be in interested in toys

Fuck I'd buy the shit out of 3.75" scale mechs/vehicles and figures.

Let's ask /toy/.

This, Avatar has some cool as fuck toy potential. RC helis and little G.I. space marines. Shit would be cash.

It was literally Dances With Wolves/Pocahontas in space.
There was nothing memorable or special about it. It only did so well because of the insane media hype around it.

Also it dropped when the "muh nature muh evil humans and corporations are runing everything" was at it's peak. Nowadays most people realise that pic related did NOTHING wrong.

>Watching Avatar for the plot
Stop being so fussy, its got cool as fuck space rhinos and mechs, do you complain that pacific rim had a shit story?

Thats all well and good for a nice flick at the cinema (especially when the 3D hype was at it's peak too - Avatar made excellent use of 3D).
But OPs question was why does it have no real cult following. The reason being, as you said, it has no plot just some cool mechs and shit, which means it has no rewatch value.

>Nowadays most people realise that pic related did NOTHING wrong.
>Nowadays
Game was much better for the sole reason you can choose side.

Because it was shiny entertainment (and good at it) with the depth of a puddle. Also, except the obvious blue aliens there's not that much to get hyped about.
Spaceships were average at best, extremely basic pew pew weapons, the outfits were either standard military shit or tribal, places had no real character (just one big glowing forest, with sometimes some floating rocks). The animals were cool I guess, but there weren't enough. Let's not talk about the characters.
All the elements from a good sci-fi universe that stick to your mind were excluded or just mediocre, think Star Wars or Alien, there's a fuckton of memorable things in those.

No.

It's not a great film. The reason they held off on the sequels for so long is so that people would forget how average it was and so they'd have a fresh batch of teenagers who don't know better to market them to. No one but furries was demanding a sequel in 2010.

It's almost as if making money on art has nothing to do with creating good, lasting art

Weakass bait mate

Nah, it still has a cult following specifically because of cool shit. It gets talked about on /k/ from time to time. Its just doesnt have anything besides that for normies to cling to. Mechs and realistic spacecraft are pretty dope, it just doesnt have any "han shot first" moments.

Based mutant poster.