Suicide Squad

David Ayer finally comments on the Damaged tattoo, who killed Robin, and more.

>In a blink and you'll miss it moment from the beginning of Suicide Squad, the first clue to who killed Robin in the DC Extended Universe was revealed. In this article, spoilers for Suicide Squad such as that moment are fair game.

>During Harley Quinn's introductory sequence, "Accomplice to the murder of Robin" flashed across the screen. Now, the film's director has gone on record to reveal the true murderer of Robin and the subsequent moments which cost him his teeth.

>This is sort of my personal thing and maybe less about a larger connection," David Ayer prefaces. "But Joker killed Robin and Batman basically smashes his teeth out and locks him up in Arkham Asylum. It’s in the asylum where Joker would have done the ‘damaged’ tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.' That’s where the grill comes from."

comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/10/suicide-squad-director-confirms-who-killed-robin-and-who-knocked/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kiktBcRHABU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.'

#BROKEN

Giving the DAMAGED tattoo a backstory somehow makes it even dumber.

>Joker killed Robin
>Batman basically smashes his teeth out and locks him up in Arkham Asylum.

>Joker would have done the ‘damaged’ tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.' That’s where the grill comes from."
I have no words.

Nah, you're just being a bitch.

Is that Matt Hardy?

holy shit batman went from the only hopeful to just absolute lost cause with the release of suicide squad

maybe they should suicide the DCEU

so at what point is batman going to "fall"? and start murdering people? if joker was the breaking point, WWHY doesn't he kill him? should be the ONLY person he wants to murder

ugh fuck it all

No he's right
I thought Superman and Zod destroying Metropolis was his breaking point?

>there was probably a scene with Batman smashing Jokers teeth at one point
>there was probably a scene of Joker getting dental work and tattoo work at the time at one point
Just cut my film up famalamborghini

What's the story about the damaged tattoo above his ass?

>So at what point is batman gonna fall and start murdering people
You didn't watch BvS did you?

>I thought Superman and Zod destroying Metropolis was his breaking point?

It was, user is a fucktard

You're not right, just a bitch.

>"But Joker killed Robin and Batman basically smashes his teeth out and locks him up in Arkham Asylum. It’s in the asylum where Joker would have done the ‘damaged’ tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.' That’s where the grill comes from."

Everyone knew this. Sadly we didnt get to see it. Ultimate cut when?

Let's be honest Sup Forums, this does sound like something dramatic and stupid that the Joker would do, he kills his boyfriends sidekick, get beaten up and goes all theatrical and dramatic about it

you're a bitch.

sweet jesus what the fuck is wrong with the DC movie universe

First Man of Murder, then BvS: Dawn of JUST, now Squad. Holy fuck

So where's his damaged tattoo in the comics?

Not seeing why this triggers you fags so much? This is the same character who removed his own face and stapled it back on at one point, he wouldn't do a "damaged" tattoo? come on, son

Ultimate cut with the tooth breaking, more screentime for Boomerbutt(in which he's racist towards his team), more screen time for Katana. Please.

That was also retarded. Were you an fan of that?

Right here

>Batman whooped my ass and now I have PTSD and I dress like a mall goth to cope with it

it seemed to me like he was already "fallen" since the monologue about fallen heroes starts before he sees them fly across the sky

He didn't get one in the comics because after he killed Jason he became ambassador of whatever and Batman wasn't allowed to touch him.

Christ, This is just as tryhard edgy as the damaged tattoo.

Nope. My point is why would it be so unthinkable that a character that did that wouldn't tattoo "damaged" on his forehead?

Wasn't it the Ambassador of Iraq?

>I dress like a mall goth to cope with it
But almost everything he wore in this movie was pulled straight from the comics, user.

But...he was mostly dressed in suits...

Because he would just cut his face off instead of getting a damaged tattoo like he did?

That was shit too. Just because there are poorly written comics doesn't mean you can excuse poorly written movies.

It's all the same bad fanfiction and it's embarrassing.

>implying it isn't worse than the tattoo

Fuck the hate, I like that they don't perfectly try to imitate existing stories. It sounds like a desperate cry for attention from the Joker, which is how that faggot clown has been behaving around Batman for years now.
>But muh-
No. It's not yours. It never was. If you want something that's yours, go write some fucking fan fiction. Enjoy repeating the same fucking story over and over until it fucking stagnates if you're that pathetic.

Touché

I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND

Point is they're both awful.

>Implying the Joker character himself hasn't been tryhard edgy for decades

If Batman broke his teeth out, then why put Damaged on his head? Why din't he get Damaged written on his grill, where he was damaged?

bitch

I never implied that.

Why the fuck is this acting like it was a mystery who killed Robin?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

I gotta go potty.

maybe because he was brain damaged

No, its BROKEN Matt Hardy, the one true owner of the lineage of the Hardy Boys.

This is more confirmation that Ayer was the wrong person for this job.

>But almost everything he wore in this movie was pulled straight from the comics, user.

That isn't even remotely true

Because there are STILL people who think that Joker is Jason Todd.

Cause people actually thought that Harley was the one who killed Robin

I should know one of my friends was trying to convince me that it was Harley but I kept on telling her that she was just and accomplice

Why didn't batmen brand the joinker when he caught him like he did the other crinimals?

He's more than Matt Hardy after his final deletion

That can be said about any interpretation of a character that's been around for 75+ years and had a host of different takes. Joker just happening to be the one that offed Bruce's parents could be seen as "bad fanfiction" yet it was in a Batman movie.

Because he didn't start branding until BvS.

None of you have any reasoning skills.

>Broken Matt Hardy

What the fuck has happened to wrestling and the Hardy Bros these days? I'm glad I'm not watching that kind of stupid shit

It was bad fanfiction

Buttman is different when not written by Zack "the hack" Snyder

You should have said "no she raped Robin, then the Joker killed him"

>Ultimate cut with the tooth breaking, more screentime for Boomerbutt(in which he's racist towards his team), more screen time for Katana. Please.

Yeah, more Joker hitting harley but keep the arc of him saving her since the alternative harley/smith. Really hope we get a better cut. Like the movie overall, but needs to be better.

But Snyder didn't write BVS,Goyer and Terrio did

No, she goes over, sits on Robin's lap, starts stroking his balls

>YOU CAN HAVE ME IF YOU WANT ME! DON'T YOU THINK I'M PRETTY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? YOU QUEER?

And then Joker shoots him

>Not saying Batman raped the Joker in response

Brother Nero, I knew you'd come to shitpost

>What the fuck has happened to wrestling and the Hardy Bros these days? I'm glad I'm not watching that kind of stupid shit
Brother Nero posters plz leave

>Gordan "damaged" the Joker's butthole
it all makes sense

>from the beginning of Suicide Squad, the first clue to who killed Robin in the DC Extended Universe was revealed

The first "clue" was in BvS.
By "clue," I mean total fucking reveal.

>Harley is an accomplice in the murder of Robin
>Joker got his caps after Robin was murdered
>Harley is still Harleen in OPs pic and Joker has caps
STOP MAKING UP BULLSHIT AYER

Yeah, keep the already cut Harley/Floyd romance and the Joker returning after the crash to take Harley back during the final battle.

Cause I'm all messed up. My mom's gonna freak.

holy shit

you just made a point

I think it was Iran.

huh

I really hope there's a flashback scene in Batman that suits lacking colors but it still looks pretty good

>those shorts
>that armor tshirt

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

They actually left his "Damaged" tattoo on his forehead?

Im kinda glad I didnt see this

On its own, a painted Robin suit doesn't confirm Robin is dead. It can still be interpreted in different ways.

A news headlines is pretty definitive.

I was just thinking that myself.

How could Harley be an accomplice to a crime that supposedly happened some time ago?

And if she was involved with the robin killing, was that when she was brought in, or was the chase scene immediately after joker killed Common?

w-well, Robins are brown and black

I guess you can only have crazy comic suit stuff like Robin's shorts if you just never show anyone actually wearing it

>or was the chase scene immediately after joker killed Common
Yeah, Harleys wearing the dancer outfit

Wait

Was Common Robin?

Well he's black so he's always Robbin

>screenplay written, from scratch, in 6 weeks

great, now I have Common Robin stuck in my head
>tweedle dee dee dee
>tweedle dee dee dee
>tweet tweet tweet tweet

kek

that delusional faggot

Okay after a quick read up I think I understand

>Hardy returned on May 17 episode of Impact Wrestling, revealing himself to be one of the impostor Willows behind the attacks on his brother Jeff. He would later attack Jeff during that episode's main event, pushing him off the turnbuckle when he was attempting the Swanton Bomb on Mike Bennett. In the following weeks, Hardy would debut a new persona as a disheveled man with a strange accent, blaming Jeff (who he began to refer to as "Brother Nero") for breaking him. At Slammiversary Matt was defeated by Jeff in a Full Metal Mayhem match. Matt was also defeated by Jeff in a Six Sides of Steel match on the June 21 edition of Impact Wrestling. On the June 28 episode, Matt challenged Jeff to a final battle with the Hardy brand on the line, to take place at their home in Cameron, North Carolina the next week, ending with Matt attacking Jeff. On the July 5 episode, Matt defeated Jeff in the match (dubbed "The Final Deletion") to become sole owner of the Hardy brand.
>All this stupid drama shit
>Writing even worse than the kind in WWE

Yeps glad I'm not watching any form of wrestling anymore

Maybe she was an accomplice when she was still a doctor? In the comics she was helping him on the inside by letting him out each time Batman brought him back.

I mean, maybe by "accomplice" they learned she secretly helped him escape that time? Ayer needs to get his shit together and start laying down some facts

All the text in the intros was added recently so you can probably blame some shithead WB exec for the inconsistency.

The coat and tux are both comic mainstays. The tats are the only new addition and even then they are not out of character.

The Joker is literally defined by edgy theatrics why are people going not much over him being edgy and theatrical

He's probably avoiding that because he doesn't want to step on Affleck's toes.

>hee hee hee if you want to learn the truth keep watching the DCU films

Sound like you need to be DELETED DELETED DELETED DELETED!

right right

>You've damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you've destroyed my face."
That sounds like one of those gifs 14 year old emo girls would put on their MySpace page.

Do you think there will ever be a definitive directors cut that unfucks this movie?

You just can't appreciate true wrestlekino.
youtube.com/watch?v=kiktBcRHABU

>implying the Joker isn't basically a 14 yr old emo kid who just wants Bat-Senpai to notice him

THAT'S NOT WRASSLIN