Gotta be honest, not crazy about the art in the Ren & Stimpy reboot

Gotta be honest, not crazy about the art in the Ren & Stimpy reboot.

youtube.com/watch?v=mK2fNG26xFg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwlAEFWqs1o
youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM
animationscoop.com/interview-25-years-later-directors-bob-camp-and-bill-wray-remember-the-ren-stimpy-show/
relatablepicturesofren.tumblr.com/
relatablepicturesofstimpy.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Really nigger?

YEH

This would make me happy, I mean I wouldn't watch the shit sandwich of a show calarts Ren and Stimpy would be, but I would drink down the bitter tears of Jon K like a fine rose

That Ren looks cute to be completely honest with you ohana.

Time to be a killjoy

This is from HotDiggityDemon's Tumblr.

He knows how to stir the pot

It was probably posted by Max, he's a faggot. His attempts to remain relevant are truly sad.

>person who i don't like is showing faint signs of life
>well the nerve of that faggot trying to be relevant

here, have a badly drawn Ren & Stimpy.

Eat shit and Die.

Is this real?

I'd want it to be real just for John K's reaction.

This

>[YouTube] gofuckyourself.wmv

what?

Didn't he throw bricks through the Nick studios Windows after they fired him?

Ren and Stimpy Go when?

Source

He did harass the new writing staff after he left to the point where they made that one episode that was a gigantic middle finger at him and claimed the scene with the John K knock-off in the episode throwing rocks at people was based on something he actually did to them.

>that one episode that was a gigantic middle finger at him
I don't think you and I watched the same Reverend Jack Cheese. They reminisced in the DVD commentary about how the episode was one huge tribute to John and all of his mannerisms, so yeah.

>John K. believes cartoons (a.k.a all animation because all animation are cartoons for him) should be wacky re imaginings and reboots of old cartoons he likes but with edgy toilet humor
>Anything that isn't precisely that is pretentious garbage for him, including anime and Batman TAS that aren't "real cartoons" for him.

He has CWC-tier autism, but he is a talented animator in his own niche

youtube.com/watch?v=BwlAEFWqs1o

>They reminisced in the DVD commentary about how the episode was one huge tribute to John and all of his mannerisms

Fine then, TWO gigantic middle fingers at him.

IF there is ever a Ren and Stimpy reboot (and we all know that's unlikely), I'd want Bob Camp to be show-runner.

>anime isn't "real cartoons"
Sounds like he needs to watch more anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM

It would be a lot better if the animation was a bit more smooth than cottage cheese sliding down a gravel pit, but unfortunately japs can't into smooth animation.

Me too, Camp held everything together during John's absence and it'd be a definite return to form. That being said holy shit, I'd watch the fuck out of a Ren & Stimpy spearheaded by Chris Reccardi or Lynne Naylor. It's a shame they didn't direct very much.

>a Ren & Stimpy spearheaded by Chris Reccardi or Lynne Naylor

Huh. I'd certainly watch that.

Trivia note: John K. fired Chris simply for dating his ex-girlfriend Lynne. Chris didn't get hired back until Nickelodeon fired John.

Camp promptly hired him back when they realized they needed to keep as many good artists as possible. When you can draw Ren as good as he does you're basically money.
animationscoop.com/interview-25-years-later-directors-bob-camp-and-bill-wray-remember-the-ren-stimpy-show/

If I'm not feeling too lazy, I should put together a collage of all the different artists I can pinpoint and how they draw the two. That ought to be fun to look at. Thad is also releasing another print of his R&S book with even more stuff soon. Can't even wait.

Ren and Stimpy is one of the only cartoons that remained consistently enjoyable even after the creator left.

I'm not saying this as a dig at John K necessarily, but the show's direction, animation quality, writing, and self referential humour did not die in the slightest in season 4 and 5. John K. created the show, but it really isn't hard to mimic his art style (especially since his art style mimics Tex Avery and Hanna Barbera anyway) or emulate his writing style (if you could even call it that - Ren and Stimpy has about 11 lines of dialogue per fucking episode)

I still don't get why so many people like his art style. It's a one trick pony. It works for nothing more than slapstick and 'shock value' animation.

Fleischer studios could do tippy musical numbers and an action cartoon.

Hanna Barbera could do slapstick, sitcoms and adventure shows.

And Disney could adapt a shit ton of children's tails, from romance fairy tails to stories like Tarzan.

And he gets mad when people do animation that doesn't look like his. Of course fucking not, slapstick is fucking dead. 'Adult' animation is now characters staying still and talking with funny remarks, some actions scenes here and there, and more funny dialogue. John K is never going to be relevant again.

I didn't notice until you mentioned it but that does look HotDiggityDemon-y as fuck. Or actually a mixture of HDD and Seth Macfarlane. And the thought of that makes me want to vomit.

Favorite R&S episode, Sup Forums?

>I still don't get why so many people like his art style. It's a one trick pony. It works for nothing more than slapstick and 'shock value' animation.
People like Ren & Stimpy, the other stuff of his not so much. There's a lot of people involved in making R&S good.

also "John hates this and that" and "John thinks all animation needs to be like this" projection posts are stupid and have been done to death. You're a boring cunt.

Yesterday I went and tried to watch Adult's Party Ren and Stimpy, and it was horrible, nothing like what I remembered the original was. Are my memories fooling me?

But Ren is not supposed to be cute

What's the context of this? I always see thing being posted, but I just wanna know if that was a joke or if John had a honest to god autistic meltdown

Basically half of season 1 plus Fake Dad.

Adult Party Cartoon is garbage. There's a reason it only had six episodes.

*see this being posted

He's demonstrating the actions he wants a character to take during a scene. I don't even like the guy but that's not a weird thing for animators to do.

>I like the way John draws women, but
>John sure knows his way around animation but,
>Ren & Stimpy was never good and was just unfunny lolsorandom gross out humor, but cartoons wouldn't be the same without it
For as long as I can remember this place seems to have an apprehension for saying good things about Ren & Stimpy. Like if there's a compliment made, they want to distance themselves from it completely. Seems oddly petty and childish.

im pretty sure this was aired once and i mean only once and i dont even remember where.

Everybody tries too hard to seem patrician.

It was aired a bunch of times at late night in my country. There wasn't even any Adult Swim, they just showed old Tex Avery and Hannah Barbera cartoons and then this would pop up. It messed me up a bit but I remember liking it a lot, much later I would search for it, without even knowing it was John K..

>I should put together a collage of all the different artists I can pinpoint and how they draw the two.

Yes, please. That would be swell

Seconded. That would be interesting to see.

Here's "Powdered Toastman" with Frank Zappa as the Pope.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hmsad

Anyone else notice how... jittery the picture gets at times?

>It messed me up a bit but I remember liking it a lot, much later I would search for it, without even knowing it was John K.
You too?
I learned about John K the man after reading about how he accussed Trey Parker and Matt Stone from stealing his idea for Mr. Hankey (I was into South Park at the time) and something about his style kept me going back. When I learned he made those Yogi shorts and Ren & Stimpy things made A LOT of sense.

The jittery picture is probably due to a bad transfer. These episodes were animated on film and then copied over to a video source.

You know went you start to make stupid faces when drawing? It is that.

aired and rerun for a couple years late at night on cartoon network in the US. No one really liked it much so it was quietly retired. Unsurprisingly foriegn networks didn't care for it either.

Yes, Adult Party is pretty bad. There are a few funny scenes here and there, but for the most part it's just gross-out humor cranked up to 11. And, for me at least, half of the fun in R&S is that it's a very fucked up show, but still tame enough for children to see. It gives the subtle(some times not so subtle) adult jokes more impact. But in Adult Party it just comes off as a generic Adult Swim, for lack of a better word, edgy show, that just shoe-horns in a bunch of disgusting, sexual and violent shit because they can.

That reminds me of Superman.

Pic not related. That Ren is drawn atrociously.

This is exactly one of the problems the show had. Being a kids show on Nickelodeon forced them to be subtle with the adult humor and utilize other forms of comedy. In Adult Party Cartoon, they threw subtlety out the window. The pacing was also insanely slow in every episode for some reason.

And it was also just missing everything that made the original Ren and Stimpy fun. There weren't any Space Cadet episodes. There weren't any Untamed World episodes. There weren't any Log commercials. Powdered Toast Man never appeared. All of the things that made Ren and Stimpy iconic were completely absent from that show and it just baffles me.

The only compliments I can give that show are that the animation was still good and Altruists was an okay episode.

As for me, I just choose to believe that Adult Party Cartoon never happened.

To add more, the art went unnecessary anthropo.
Ren started to look like a short, bald man with dog ears.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THHAAAT DOES IT!
THIS IS THE FUCKING FINAL STRAW. FUCK CARTOONS FUCK TV FUCK EVERYTHING.

holy shit, someone needs to edit this into a super saiyan transformation

>Is Cal arts style

FUCK CAL ARTS!!

FUCK IT!!!!!

Is John K the Alan Moore of cartoons?

>he will never finish Cans Without Labels

Nothing of value was lost.

Both of them?

>it's an episode where Ren's evil half becomes a not-a-nazi

It was actually Spike that forced him to ad in all the extra gross and "adult" stuff in order to make it seems more mature like South Park, John said he would have much rather just continued the show in the same vein as the original series without changing anything.
It's still terrible tho.

>but I would drink down the bitter tears of Jon K like a fine rose

You're officially my buddy. Fucking John K. doesn't deserve the credit he gets due to his lacking discipline. If he stuck to deadlines and cooperated with Nickelodeon staff, Ren and Stimpy would've stayed on the air. But he went and fucked it hard by being a special "creative." That's why he's barely gotten work as it is and also not allowed to teach animation schools.

>forced him to ad in all the extra gross and "adult" stuff in order to make it seems more mature like South Park

The irony here is baffling. This is why adult cartoons are often shock-humor crap. Because people thinks that's what makes adult cartoons mature. I wish natural selection would breed this kind of stupidity out, but unfortunately, it seems to be the norm.

Michael Kim episodes were usually good episodes. All three of them.

Just look at Sausage Party, nothing but food fucking, weed and swearing for 90 minutes and it will be hailed as the future of adult western animation.
This is what the people want.

>Fucking John K. doesn't deserve the credit he gets due to his lacking discipline

This. I'd go so far as to say John K. deserved to get fired. Christ, what an asshole.

The show did really start declining in quality after he left though.

>Ren and Stimpy is one of the only cartoons that remained consistently enjoyable even after the creator left.

It was more than that. Careers were born from the void he left. Billy West was able to do the Ren and stimpy voices perfectly in John's absence. And just like you pointed out, the animators and writers were able to mimic his style to the T. Everyone who picked up where he left off went on to further their careers.

He was such a self absorbed prick in thinking that if he left, the show would collapse and Nick would beg him back. Obviously not working out for him.

So, any good R&S reaction faces?

It really says something when the majority of television animation lineage can be traced back to R&S.

>animators and writers were able to mimic his style to the T

That's not true. New staff seasons were much sloppier in both departments.

>not allowed to teach animation
Wait what? Story on this?

relatablepicturesofren.tumblr.com/
relatablepicturesofstimpy.tumblr.com/

John's Ren.

Is this real? Please say it's not real :(

New staff's Ren.

It's pathetic how hard he tries.

>watch Ren & Stimpy
>pause anywhere
>new reaction image

You are both idiots, especially if you believe this.
He loves a lot of animations. On his blog you can see him praise different kinds of animators, even beginners and he has also praised those that manage to incorporate anime influences because, shocker, he likes good animation

Yes, user. John K. WAS Ren. He wasn't acting.

Animation is expensive and Japan doesn't want to pay animators much at all. Most only do it because they're passionate about it; often living in very tiny apartments (single room, toilet and all), just do they can live close enough to the studio to make it to work everyday.

>single room toilet in all
>in the middle of metropolitan japan
>a bad thing

That sounds like maximum comfy, I don't see the issue.

That's not an excuse. Even first Flintstones animation was way more smooth than that.

>“Sven Hoek” deleted scene by Bob Camp.

>“According to [Camp], this was apparently "inspired” by Jeffrey Dahmer– Ren being just as psychotic and sick in his mind and wanting to dismember both Sven and Stimpy for ruining the house. The scene was pitched via sketch/storyboard to Nickelodeon and rejected for obvious reasons".

Its become some kind of twisted aesthetic preference over there at this point, they even deliberately remove frames from CG animation to give it an 'anime' feel.

It's been cheap for so long now that 12 FPS is "the look". Smooth CG wouldn't "look" like anime.

remember when billy west went on a long pissbaby rant about how shitty John K was?

funny shit.

Billy West did literally nothing wrong.

They did that with Knights of Sidonia and it looked great. Otherwise, it would've looked like that shitty Iron Man: Armored Adventures show.

I'd rather have John K than another PPG reboot
>unfortunately, Sup Forums is too much of a FUCKING PUSSY

Reminder that the BEST episode of Ren and Stimpy was written after Jon K's depature.

DADDEH HIT BABBY

All this talk of ren and stimpy when there's this superior show

Did you fucking see his undertale flash?

BABBY MAD

John K., pls go