The Black Monday Murders storytime

Time for Hickman's new comic.

essentially the premise is economics meets the occult/magic, where power is literally derived from money.

as always remember to bump

so how many issues of this will Hickman do before putting it on hiatus

So from about 2012 to 2015 everyone did their sci-fi movie pitches - now it's going to be "magic realism" movie pitches?

Hickman said in an interview its gonna be 12 issues with about 40 issues worth of comic pages so each issue is oversized. tomm coker is already knee deep into issue 4

i dunno this project feels distinctly hickman-y

also reminder hickman has another project coming out in november called Frontier which sounds pretty generic but he'll be doing art again. its described as a depressing star trek

I gotta say I love that all the backmatter-esque material is interspersed throughout the comic rather than relegated to the back. makes for good flow imo

The premise sounds cool but I know he's just going to abandon it after one arc like all his other comics

EoW is still going but yeah I get the sentiment

EoW is a fucking mess at this point though.

also this is only 12 issues so I don't think it will be abandoned

It's still one of my favorite ongoings what makes it a mess?

Hickman's stylish pie charts, logos and concentric circles tricked me too many times.

I put a cigarette in my peehole and now im on route to the hospital

and the end. Post your thoughts below. Did you like it? did you hate it?

Second issue out next month, and Frontier out in November. East of West year two also ends later this month

woops missed my page now the end

there's something off about the art

bump

bump

>A woman-shaped coatrack
I fucking hated Mad Men's portrayal of the sexism of the times, but this is so over-the-top it's hilarious.

As someone who doesn't have much interest in finance and economics, some of that financial shit bored me.

I think that he's tying it into magic is pretty cool though.

I hate economics and this seems cool enough that I'm getting it.

This was rad as fuck.
I've always loved the thought of the 0.1% being Practitioners.

>Aleister Crowley’s Magick in Theory and Practice:

>I) DEFINITION.

>Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.
>(Illustration: It is my Will to inform the World of certain facts within my knowledge. I therefore take “magickal weapons”, pen, ink, and paper I write “incantations”—these sentences—in the “magickal language” ie, that which is understood by the people I wish to instruct I call forth “spirits”, such as printers, publishers, booksellers and so forth and constrain them to convey my message to those people. The composition and distribution of this book is thus an act of Magick by which I cause Changes to take place in conformity with my Will.)

>In one sense Magick may be defined as the name given to Science by the vulgar.

>II) POSTULATE.

>ANY required change may be effected by the application of the proper kind and degree of Force in the proper manner, through the proper medium to the proper object.

>(Illustration: I wish to prepare an ounce of Chloride of Gold. I must take the right kind of acid, nitro-hydrochloric and no other, in a vessel which will not break, leak or corrode, in such a manner as will not produce undesirable results, with the necessary quantity of Gold: and so forth. Every change has its own conditions.

>In the present state of our knowledge and power some changes are not possible in practice we cannot cause eclipses, for instance, or transform lead into tin, or create men from mushrooms. But it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature and the conditions are covered by the above postulate.)

Glad to see early era graphic design-hickman back in the foray. I missed stuff like Nightly News or Pax Romana. Shit was genuinely unique when it was coming out