His run was great. why does everyone shit on it here?

his run was great. why does everyone shit on it here?

Court of Owls was the only good thing he did during his run. Since then he tried one upping himself, perhaps had THE WORST case of Joker wanking writing in recent memory, but overall he was more concerned about "leaving his mark" on batman/joker than making a good story. Also Snyder had a bad habit of copping out and obsessed with stingers
>OH GOD ALFRED IS BLIND
>Oh hes better now
>BATMANS DEAD FOR REAL
>Yeah no, amnesia, we all saw it coming
>BAT FAMILY LOST THEIR FACES
>Wait no, its a gag
And so on.

It had a TON of problems and they became really noticeable over the course of a 5 year run. I don't think it's the worst run ever, but Snyder definitely overstayed his welcome.

Because they're contrarian faggots just like Sup Forums

Because it was actually pretty bad

He really sucked at writing endings to his story arcs.

strong starts to an arc, weak endings
kind of just meandered along

I'd stay his run is similar to Star Trek movies. Every other arc was great. The others felt a bit try-hard.

The end with Bloom and all the mecha Iron Man Batmen everywhere got stupid. Like, really stupid.

The entire GordonBats thing would have worked better as an elseworlds anyway

Court of Owls great. Owlman great it you don't be an autist about his identity.

I wish he just had just one Joker Story. Two in one run, with both doing the slasher vibe felt too much.

Zero Year and Riddler where great. Especially Riddler, totally made him a believable, threatening and fun villain.

Mr Freeze interpretation was crap. Misunderstood tragic for being pitiful

He managed what many other writers from the N52 gang couldn't within the first few issues. The story itself was accessible and didn't rely on prior storylines, the art was superb and, weather it was intentional or not (or maybe just me), it had that old school entry-level vibe, akin to Batman TAS (I felt the same way when reading JMS' and JRJR's Spidey run as a kid). The intrigue, even though not very original, was pretty good for, what was supposed to be, a starting point, even though it had a weak ass ending. Every other story was from good (Zero Year) to meh (pretty much everything else for me), but that strong start and that beautiful Capullo/FCO synergy glided the book to the top.

People here like to give it shit for being just subpar.

Snyder is a good enough writer that the criticism can go beyond the usual "is this book readable" type criticism that most big two series receive.

Because the book is solid, the conversation shifts to placing the book in the Bat-pantheon. It was definitely one of the highest quality books to come out of the big two in the past 5 years, but it's definitely not one of my favorite batman runs ever.

Basically, the book is a big fish in a small pond compared to most books being published at the time, but compared to greatest of all time books it's fairly forgettable

Again Court of Owls was fine, but everything that followed was kind of shit. Zero Year had its moments but even then it did some odd things with the Batman origin some dont agree with

i agree with this (op) i actually really liked death of the family, but endgame was pretty lame. i loved zero year and court of owls though, literally had me hanging on every word for the CoO stuff.

He makes villains talk long ass boring monologues

Let me just do Death of the Family real quick.

>Why did Joker cut his face off?
No reason.
>Why did Joker have Batman revisit his old crime scenes?
Just because.
>What secret does Joker know about Batman?
It's just a prank.
>Why did he kidnap Alfred?
Because he's a butler.
>What's the big secret he has for the Batfamily?
Nothing, really.
>WHAT'S IN THE TRAY?
Nothing.

And then everyone gets mad at Batman for stopping the Joker pages after telling g him to do that because they all trust him.

And none of it matters in any of the bat books and Snyder himself switches gears and forgets about it.

Its terrible. He clearly wanted to write Dick and when he couldnt he just wrote Dick like Bruce. He made every villain hyper violent and lust after Batman. He also didn't use any of the Bat family except to shit on them and try to distance Batman from them, he wrote an autistic Bruce, and he pretended like he didn't want to use the Robins because of some moral high ground when it was in reality just because he wanted to use his OCs. His stories are long and drawn outwith virtually no mystery elements sown into them and he has no respect at all for the mythos. He constantly alters and changes history as he sees fit to fit his narrative.

Just wrote Bruce like Dick*

Trying to look cool by hating on something popular.

>new readers actually believe this

Go read some past runs to get some taste please

>>Why did Joker have Batman revisit his old crime scenes?
>Just because.
Yeah, sounds like the Joker to me.

I've read plenty, just because there are better runs doesn't mean this wasn't good.

>Bruce straight up tells Joker his identity

But it wasn't good by Batman standards at all. It was poorly written and lazy characterizations with constant hyper violent twist plots and secret history for everything. You'd have to be a teenager to think that it's good.

If I didn't know any better I'd say Snyder didn't even bother to do his homework and just wrote the characters however he wanted.

Sup Forumsntrarians
But seriously it was pretty good but Snyder's conclusions are weak

his best work was Nu52 Swamp Thing