I know this show is bad and a lot of the jokes make me cringe but I still continue to watch it and, dare I say...

I know this show is bad and a lot of the jokes make me cringe but I still continue to watch it and, dare I say, enjoy it. Why is this?

>inb4 reddit

Reddit sees this show as some sort of masterpiece. I know it's shit I just still like it. What's wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GS8JNE7RhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the show is fine. redditors who think it's actually deep or find some philosophical insight in this show are autistic, Sup Forums obsessing over them and spanning BURP shit equally so

>Why is this?

It's because you're mentally retarded.

Same reason I still watch Game of Thrones, because im a retard with nothing better to do with my time.

You enjoy it because it has some genuinely funny moments and is good enough to watch. But you have drank the reddit Sup Forums koolaid so you can't help yourself to call it shit. As far redditors who think is a masterpiece, well that's no different from the people here who hate on everything and call everything shit.

Its a good show with a cancerous fan base. It's okay to like it user, its funny.

Because there's just not much on these days.

toilet turd of scifi

gonna watch it now and see for myself once and for all

It's funny desu. The improvised nature of the show makes it charming. It's no masterpiece but it's a good show. Fuck the fanbase, but that goes without saying

It wasn't bad at all -- it just mentioned hitler in the pilot so I can see why tumblr/pol/ would get triggered

Nigga the show is written by the fanbase, you get 3 episodes in and what is and isnt written is determined by what reddit wants.

Saying words like "sniggles" and "schwifty" isn't the same as writing a joke with a punchline
There isn't a single joke in the entire show

I'm on 2nd episode and they just made fun of blacks and allahu akbars -- how does it get worse? It seems to prod from all angles.

>has not watched the show

Fetal alcohol syndrome

I gave it a go a while ago. Ended up watching both seasons in a single sitting. It's not a bad show. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and neither should you.

Simpsons has ay caramba and Doh
Al Bundy would put his hand inside his pants
Fonzie would say HEEYYYY
Kramer would barge in the door

Shit like this isn't new, you're focusing on one aspect

I just laughed out loud at 2nd episode when the sentient dog asks for his testicles.

It's not even a bad show. Gonna keep watching and see if it worsens.

>first 3 episodes

>cuck storyline
>john oliver cameo
>unfunny reddit humor throughout

dropped

Read that over and over untill you realise you should kill yourself.

DONT YOU FUCKING DARE COMPARE THIS SHIT TO THE FONZ!!!!

I like watching shit shows late at night or generally when I just want to turn my brain off.

>reddit and memey
do a favor and kill yourself

why should he kill himself? Can you try and articulate your reasoning and argument?

If he cares about minimizing suffering in the Universe he should remove himself from it.

RICKLY PICKLY!

Some of the humour is genuinely clever and I enjoy the CUHRAAAZEE sci fi elements, so I wouldn't say it's shit, just enormously overrated.

The problem is it's a good show but you're trying to be contrarian about it just because of reddit. Yet you can't even manage that because it's such a good show.

Pathetic desu ne

>PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOOOUSE TOONIIIIIGHT

Serioulsly, Roland?

youtube.com/watch?v=5GS8JNE7RhU

So I'm the guy that just started watching it and just got to this part in episode 3.

How do normies react to this?

It seems to me that the dad is the only sane person in this entire show,

you are liking it because dan harmon and justin roiland are professional television makers and it's their job to make you "like" a television show. also, you have not read enough or consumed enough media to separate yourself from the cheap television tricks used to keep you wanting more. for example, there is a dramatic turn of events at every act break, so you want to stick around til after the commercial to see how it gets resolved. it's that same mechanism that makes you want to click on a clickbait article, even if you know it's going to disappoint you. the show relies on a formula whereby popular scifi tropes are examined and turned on their head -- which creates the sensation of watching something utterly familiar which presents itself as new information every time. add in some pop culture jokes, le random gibberish words, and a self referential "funny cus it's lazy" theme throughout and you get a pleasant sensation of hanging out with your friends. do not allow yourself to be fooled. this show is lazy. barely a step above the lowest shows currently on air, but because there are so many shows right now (upwards of 450 scripted shows currently on air), this one seems great to people who aren't equipped to see past its gimmicks. if you need a quick wake up call to get yourself out of your rut, just count how many times the punchline in a scene is a gibberish word, or a reference to "sloppy writing", or a group of whacky looking random characters that are in the background who have been there before, or count how many times a storyline relies on a setting within a setting, or a person who looks like one thing or is really another thing. you will be surprised at how repetitive this show is.

who else here would've picked cobb planet?

it's not really that bad

i enjoy rick and morty and this is a 10/10 post

its really not that good

i agree

Also at least Rick and Morty is self aware in it's "catchphrases". Other shows tried to make up cool new catchphrases for the kids to say on the playground, R&M's retarded cringey catchphrases are just stupid made up words and that's part of the joke.

It's not funny that they say stupid words it's funny because it's making fun of other shows having stupid catchphrases. It's just that most R&M fans don't seem to realize that and regurgitate "WUBBALUBBADUBDUB LE SHWISTY PICKLE RICK SCHEZWAN SAUCE xD" quotes and then print them on t-shirts. That's the real cancer right there.

because deep down you love it but hate all the people that watch it and dont want to be associated with them