What's the fucking point of this?

what's the fucking point of this?

it's a "fuck you, because i can"

I swear, it feels like I'm living in some movie/TV show alternate reality universe.
>the Islamic State being a thing
>the Trump election,
>quantum mechanics/computing/teleportation of particles (seriously, how do any of these make fucking sense?)
>machine learning and deep learning
>Elon fucking Musk and his B.F.R. (Big Fucking Rocket, that's seriously the official name)

is the car moving away from the earth or is it just in the orbit?

To make redditors and other obvious people happy. And make more money for mr. Musk.

Nerd signalling for reddit

for people to buy it because it's spacey and shit
>hey i own the same car that went to space

yes people are that shallow

the "test" for their heavy booster is bs, they could literally send anything but nope they have to sent the item that his other company is selling
all pr, basically a giant stunt commercial for his car company and brownie points for himself because no private citizen needs to order a heavy rocket

żebyś kurwo biedaku wiedział, gdzie twoje miejsce

>haha capitalists know about our nerd culture, /ourguys/ amirite? better give them all our money so they can keep being CRAYZEE and RANDUMM and AWESOMESAUCE xDDD. may the porg be with you xPP
nu-humanity was a mistake.

It's actually pretty smart, he's testing SpaceX launch capabilities and at the same time generating good PR for his company, so many people are now interested in what he will do next so the ''in science we trust'' people will latch onto any news about him, companies see an opportunity to reach a HUGE number of people and bam the first SpaceX manned rocket gets indirectly crowdfunded

What is a "porg"?

Gizka with wings.

selling cars

It's fucking awesome, that's what.

>It's fucking awesome, that's what.

It's okay Sven, I'm sure your investment into young virile Somalis will pay off one day as well.

> implying

No, it's not. It's PR and advertisement.

Cheaper than dumping it and buying a new one. Musk was in the right.

It was a test launch and they needed a payload. Is it really that hard to understand?

Yeah it's moving. It's going to orbit the Sun at the same distance there is between the earth and mars to prove the rocket can fly things to mars

It's a dummy payload because it was a test launch, you dummy

He needed to test the Falcon's ability to carry a payload and then get it to Mars. He picked a car for the PR. We wouldn't be talking about it if he'd done the usual thing and just used concrete blocks.

ISIS is a shadow of its former self

The fact it even existed was bizarre to me. It was like something from the plot of a bad hollywood movie.

PR, space exploration has no direct economic benefit so to make business out of it you need to turn it into a show

>want to test the rocket
>instead of putting some fuckhuge thing on the end of it you decide to put a car on it for some publicity
the launch itself was nice anyway

Because it was sponsored by US

>and his B.F.R. (Big Fucking Rocket, that's seriously the official name)
Damn he is really desperate for that reddit karma

Sup Forums is like a cynical, leftist hipster Sup Forums

ISIS grew up playing C&C Generals.