Walking ded

>it was... all a dream
would you be upset or satisfied with this ending?

They should go back to the CDC plot line of trying to stop it. Then they can do the 20 years later Earth is better now ending and people can endlessly debate if it was all in Rick's head.

>then he gets eaten by zombies

Kirkman already stated numerous times that there will be no cure nor the search for it. That's one of the cornerstones of the TWD universe. The CDC line was probably Darabont's own idea.

Gets pretty stale + shitty worldbuilding

What a load of pish!

And get out of me shop yeh wee wanker!

Yeah, instead of trying to develop a cure scientist will build a time travelling machine instead.

its not a dream. after all out war theres a time skip and rick is a geezer with alot of injuries

How the fuck are they going to do the time skip of at least a couple years without Carl's actor aging? We're supposed to believe Rick goes completely grey in 2+ years but Carl will still be a little twink?

I stopped watching halfway through season 7. I'm not picking it up again. The comics only got worse once the Saviors were introduced and then defeated. The Whisperers were dumb and were around for far too long, and Negan's dumb, edgy ass not only being STILL being alive but also Rick's "ally" is the most contrived shit ever.

Kirkman is a hack and it baffles me why AMC thought sticking as close to the comics as possible was a good idea.

Kirkman is a faggot

>I used to read word up magazine

This is a flash FORWARD tho. Meant to confound the normies.

It's kinda stupid though, they're spoiling their own show. Normies are googling "Old Man Rick" and seeing what happened in the comics. Same thing as the Negan cliffhanger, normies googled "Who did Negan kill?" and found out about the comics.

Yeah the comics and the show are two different animals but they're basically inviting people to spoil themselves by reading what happened in the comics.

its a tv show about fiction. turn off brain faggot

>no cure nor the search for it.
>Except season 1 with the CDC
>Except Eugene lying about it
>Except...

Basically this. I can't believe they're doing the time jump this season. The comic really goes down hill after it. The whisperers plot line is terrible and it all amounts to nothing.

Can you spoil it for us? What's the deal with old Rick?

I don't know about the comic but the Negan stuff is getting boring. Focus on the zombies again

hes falling apart. pretty much becoming the walking dead

He is in a coma from the bullet wound from the first episode when the robber shot him.

There's no such thing as zombies.

Deal.

Guess he got what he deserved

I used to read Negan Magazine.

Not the guy you're talking to but.....

In the comic the All out War storyline, which they're starting in the TV show now, took up an entire year. People were so sick of it they started releasing two issues a month just to get it over with.

The cane you see in the end of that trailer comes from an injury Rick received from Negan. Negan basically tackles Rick and breaks his knee.

The jail cell that Morgan built last season comes into use at the end of this story. Basically Negan is defeated, and instead of killing him they put him in that jail cell and keep him prisoner for a couple off years.

Dwight becomes the leader of the remaining Saviors and they make peace with Rick and the crew.

Then there's a time jump of about two to three years. That's the deal with Rick and his giant beard.

Also, Maggie hangs the leader of hilltop and becomes the new leader.

lean back
lean back

Redpill me on whatever happened with TWD in the past couple weeks.

Please

Not saying youre wrong, but honestly theyre able to frag 20+ zombies at a time now, theyve reached peak zombie killing performance when compared to previous seasons going back to it would be a move in the wrong direction.

Talking, minor character dies, talking, "we're gonna have a big fight," disappointing cliff hanger.

They could pull a Resident Evil and have some miniboss zombie mutants appear or something

After the war Negan is imprisoned and they skip an undisclosed number of years into the future. Rick shaves his head and grows a big beard because he doesn't want too much attention. They kinda rebuild society and he doesn't want to be recognized or hailed as a hero.

Most fans accept that the time skip was 2-4 years, somewhere in that range. I think they just exaggerated it for the show and I hope the actual timeskip Rick is a little more subtle.

>Carl's actor aging?

Great observation! Remember, pic related supposed be Carl during his voluntary sightseeing tour to the Saviour's HQ. Meanwhile he was (almost?) taller than Rick. Guess there's nothing to do with this...

CDC - as it has been said, most likely Darabont. Eugene was lying about the cure to be protected, as he confessed it in the show like a season or two ago. That's literally it when it comes to the cure.

at this rate all zombies should be nothing but skeletons by the end of this season

>I can't believe they're doing the time jump this season. The comic really goes down hill after it. The whisperers plot line is terrible and it all amounts to nothing.

> plot line is terrible and it all amounts to nothing

The comics and tv show both went to shit the moment the group arrives at Alexandria. After that, it becomes a fucking soap opera, but with tigers and people LARPing as medieval knights.

Negan also quickly becomes a lame, one-note villian, and the shit with him talking to Carl and whatnot doesn't really do anything to make him a better character.

Then you've got the Whisperers, which end up being even lamer than the Saviors turn out. It's very clear that by the end of All Out War, the comic is running on fumes, and I'm stupefied that the TV showrunners seem eager to get there as fast as possible.

>That's literally it when it comes to
Except the governor's doctor working on a cure. Probably others.

Agreed. If I was concerned about making a QUALITY show I would end it after All Out War. Season 8 would be the last one. Action packed with the stakes raised high.

They're interested in making money though, so they will milk it as long as there is profit. I'm not sure I blame them either, TWD and Better Call Saul is all AMC has, and they know that Vince will be exiting in 2-3 more seasons.

i'd be okay with it. the show needs to end.

Who will they cast as The Big Guy? I can't wait to see Negan trigger feminists when he saws off a woman's head. Hope they keep the bit about her only being alive because The Big Guy has a crush on her. She lets her teen daughter get raped a lot, so hopefully nobody will send hate mail to AMC when Negan pulls out his big knife and turns her head into a present. The bit in the comic about two Whisperers controlling a herd of thousands all by themselves over the course of miles without the herd going in 100 different directions was fucking dumb. If the show did it like that people would complain. Hope the show corrects Kirkman's laziness (again).

>She lets her teen daughter get raped a lot
This is going to be minimized to avoid complaints, mark my words.

>If the show did it like that people would complain
The show does absolutely dumb fucking shit all the time. It's still one of the most popular shows on TV.

>Hope the show corrects Kirkman's laziness
Not only does the show not improve on Kirkman's bullshit, the show writers actually add their own bullshit to the stew. A big ol' bullshit stew.

lmao this show will only end when the ratings will drop

The biggest mistake AMC made with the show wasn't firing Darabont, but increasing the episode count from 10 to 16 per season. I think people like season 1 because it moves along at a decent pace. Every season after that basically moves at a snail's pace. There's so much filler it puts you to sleep.

>minimized
It won't even happen. Same thing with Alpha getting her head cut off. She'll die some other way.

It might already be heading toward a steady downward slope.

What did The Walking Dead mean by this?

They'll easily get another couple of seasons out of this.

Season 7 was hovering around season 3 numbers. If the decline keeps up, season 10 might be the last season.

That said, AMC is so fucking Jewy with the budget for this show, it's ridiculous. They aren't spending much to make it, but it bring in tons of revenue, so I can definitely see them trying to drag it out for 12 seasons. AMC knows they're in big fucking trouble if Walking Dead viewership ends up on a steady decline every season and they haven't come up with another big show to replace it.

>Season 7 was hovering around season 3 numbers
Not really, close, but not quite.

10 to 12 seasons at max.

Also, I'd like to add that two of AMC's biggest new shows in recent years are Better Call Saul and Fear the Walking Dead, which are both spinoffs of their most popular series. And, while I've heard that BCS is a decent show, it does indicate how creatively bankrupt AMC really is.

I feel like in every post-apocalyptic setting there's a point when the setting chances from near to far post apocalypse. I'm only really interested in seeing modern society crumble and people trying to come to grips with it. When they establish communes and begin farming it kind of gets boring.

A "IT WAS ALL A DREAM" ENDING IS WHAT I WANT!!! RICK WAKES UP FROM A LONG TERM COMA AND TALKS ABOUT HIS DREAMS ONLY FOR HIS WIFE TO SAY "WE'LL, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR WATCHING ZOMBIE MOVIES ALL THE TIME, OH AND, BAD NEWS, GEORGE ROMERO DIED" TO WHICH RICK LOOKS AT THE CAMERA AND SAYS "FUCK ME"!!!THE END!!!FACT!!!

Hey, whatever happened to your blog?

EXACTLY AND THAT'S WHY DAY OF THE DEAD WAS SHIT!!! ZOMBIE MOVIES WORK BEST LIKE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST DRAMA'S WHERE YOU SEE PEOPLE IN THEIR ORDINARY LIVES AND HOW THEY COPE WITH A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE AND SURVIVAL!!!FACT!!!

Jeez shut up already you all caps posting retard. I'm glad you're using a trip so I can filter your faggotry.

DELETED IT BECAUSE IT FELT LIKE A WEIGHT AROUND MY NECK!!!FACT!!!

Fear The Walking Dead supposed to be about what you described. Too bad AMC went towards the easy ratings and money instead. Either way, settling down is more or less inevitable sooner or later.

No diablo ex machina? That's quite a change from when I watched it.

FILTER AWAY FUCKFACE!!!FACT!!!

Wow that art fucking sucks.

Wasn't there chatter about some super zombie in Fear? I haven't caught up with season three yet.

I have a friend who works on FTWD. Here's what I can tell you.

The producers wanted a show that played more to women, as women are the primary audience for TWD.

The producers also wanted a show that would run well in spanish speaking territories, hence the brown looking dad character (I know he's Maori) and all the scenes in Mexico.

The producers also wanted a show that was cheap to produce, using pre made sets and found locations. Very little has been built for the show.

if you guys meme this shit hard enough the plebs will definitely buy that this what beardy rick means.

I watched the first season of Fear because I wanted to see the breakdown of society within a city, and then IT ALL FUCKING HAPPENS OFF SCREEN.

How fucking cheap does a network have to be to produce shows like this. What was the point of creating this show and marketing it as "showing the early days of the collapse" when said collapse happens off screen just like in the original Walking Dead? Now it's just like TWD but with a different group of insufferable characters. Wew, great stuff.

man i havent even watched the new season. anything good happen

If it turns out to be a dream of a long ass coma I'll be so fucking happy at the amount of asshurt there will be since the ending to The Sopranos

>that AR

When they do the time skip they will just get another actor

>The CDC line was probably Darabont's own idea.

That's why he's my waifu and kirkman henceforth shall not be named.

Here's the thing about Negan, Kirkman eventually killed off the core cast that the only well known characters left in the comics are Rick, Carl, Maggie, and Michonne.

Killing off Negan would be a major blow because I don't even know who the other characters are. And I read the first 100 something issues.

The damage has already been done, user. The time skip will be 2 years, making (comic) Carl roughly 14 years old after it. The problem is that Chandler Riggs is already 18 years old as we speak.

The difference between the ageing of the actor and the character is insuperable. Though roughly 2 years passed (in 7 seasons) since the outbreak, many think it's a lot more based on Carl's growth.

Just for reference, the 100th issue is Negan's first appearance. It's also worth to notice the show constantly separates (comic book) events and characters, mostly to satisfy their own, cheep needs.

>Chandler Riggs is already 18 years old
Jesus Christ, REALLY? What the hell is wrong with teenage boys these days? He doesn't look a day over 13. He looks like a goddamn girl, too.

Too much xenoestrogens in the food, water and everything else. By 2030, half of all teenage boys will be traps.

>forgetting based eugene

Yeah I stopped reading after the timeskip, not because I was neccessarily fed up with the comic but really after years of this Zombie Soap Opera I was content with Rick besting Negan.

I cannot tell you much about the new core cast, I really think the artist is half assing it because they're not even visually distinct. I couldn't bother caring about them like I did Andrea, Dale, Abraham, etc.

Lmao

>Rick gets shot
>My Baby Blue starts playing
those comic writers are hacks

Do you guys think the reveal was a good or bad thing?

Do you think the regulars are going to accept that Rick can no longer fight at 100% anymore.

Wow, I've been watching this for 95 episodes. 7 years.

GOD

None of it matters. The show is picking up any new viewers, but the hardcore fanbase, which is disturbingly large, will keep watching until this shitshow finally gets cancelled and the last episode airs.

Think about it. How can the show get much worse? Season 6 was pretty bad, and season 7 was even worse.

Long gone are the days when it felt like main characters could die. Now, only random nobodies die, and maybe a main castmember gets bumped off in a season finale. There's no tension, and the show now follows the comic so closely that there are no real surprises. Hell, even Abe getting Lucille'd was extremely telegraphed in the season 6 finale with his little "goodbye" talk with Eugene. That's how bad the writing is.

And yet, people will still watch it. Lots of them.

which seasons had 10 episodes? I think maybe season 2 was like that but I could've sworn it was at least 12

I wish life would slow down a little bit. Your post is depressing.

GOAT ending

Sorry, for some reason I thought season 1 was 10 episodes but it was only 6. Season 2 had 13! No wonder that shit dragged. Starting with season 3, every season was 16 episodes.

I think with 10 episodes a season, they could've told a much tighter story. They would've needed to deviate more from the comics as the series went on, though. As I said in a previous post, the comic just drags like shit once they get to Alexandria, and it never picks up again. Negan and the Saviors are interesting for like 10 minutes but it rapidly just becomes a soap opera. The TV show devolved into a soap opera even quicker due to the amount of interpersonal drama filler needed to pad out 16 episode seasons.

>come across many nukes
>Coincidentally come across military fag who knows how to use said nukes
>Blow the shit out of Cuba
>Wait 30 years for radiation levels to come down
>Remaining survivors move to Cuba where there are no more zombies
>???????
>Profit

Dropped this irredeemable garbage halfway through season 3
>mfw I see it's on season 7 now

Does the comic pick up or get any better when the group make their way to Ohio and start that shit fest?

I mostly watch for the actors but god the bad writing, acting and ridiculously bad CGI and green screens make me lose some respect for them

Andrew Lincoln is a good actor, he is wasted on The Walking Pleb.

Should have dropped it in the first 3 minutes of episode 2, since the pilot was the only good episode.

That all sounds fucking awful.

He really is. He's also not aging well at all. He wasted his prime years on this shit show.

it took me all of season 2 and some of season 3 to finally realize it was never going to be good again

Season 1 was pretty decent but the quality dropped off a fucking cliff and fell into the sea below and hit the ocean floor after Darabont got fired

That graph is out of date. There's been 99 episodes. The season 8 premiere is the show's 100th episode.

I just don't understand my AMC's budget for this show is so low. It's embarrassing. Considering it's the most watch tv show on cable television, they can spare a few fucking bucks. I fucking hope Darabont wins the lawsuit.

True, Lincoln is the best actor on the show by far. Fun fact: he (and much weaker actor but fan-favourite Norman Reedus) got $550k / episode for S07 that will be raised to $650k for S08.

Although AMC has been notoriously cheap when it comes to production costs (remember all those "let's take a walk in the forest" episodes?), it's unlikely that Lincoln will leave any time soon.

this faggot really needs to cut his hair, he looks like he belongs in a nu-metal band

>How can the show get much worse?
Season 3 is where the show peaked in shittiness and the showrunner was fired for it. Season 6 was perfectly fine, not as good as 4 or 5, but still pretty good. The only thing that was actually bad about it was the stupid Glenn tease which not even the drooling normies fell for. The real Season 7 isn't even out yet. I'll wait for the blu ray and all of Negan's "fucks" before I can properly judge it.

>$550k / episode for S07 that will be raised to $650k for S08.
So this is where the money is going. To pay for the ever growing cast and fan favs get the bonus.

Fun fact: in season 2 Darabont got all the actors to take a paycut for better a production value.

Literally season 4 is where the show starts to get good. Everything before that except the pilot episode was shit.

>We've lost a lot of steam, the press is waning and there's not much positive buzz for the next season
>Let's pretend it was all a dream to get people talking

Fuck off, OP

AMC shows have always been relatively low-budget character driven dramas. But yeah it's kinda bad considering what this show's actually about. Worked well for Mad Men etc. though.

Season 4b was probably the most insufferable episodes to watch. It was literally" nothing happens: the show". Watching 4 separated groups walking in the woods was just plain stupid. They redeemed themselves with season 5 premiere but season 4 was one of the worst seasons for me.

>tfw born just in time to own a harem of traps

>implying The Grove isn't pure kino
I agree though. They could have easily condensed all that into 4 episodes. That Beth and Daryl get drunk episode was Game of Thrones-tier garbage.