How did Marvel manage to fuck up these characters so bad?

How did Marvel manage to fuck up these characters so bad?

Who is the first one?

>Implying they fucked up Zemo

Mandarin. I don't even think he's been in anything in the past ten years comics wise, I know he's in Marvel Heroes for a fact.

I still find it hard to believe that nobody at Marvel's introduced a new Mandarin based on Trevor for Movie Synergy(tm).

What? He was in the Knaufs' run plus Fraction's.

>Hi I'm from Sup Forums

I didn't even watch Iron Man 3 so I don't know how bad they fucked up Mandarin, but Movie Zemo is fine. Not accurate to the source material at all, but that doesn't automatically make him a bad villain. Ultron on the other hand is literally just robot Loki. Giving Ultron such an emotive face and voice was probably the biggest mistake they could've made.

>people still don't understand about Ultron's core concept being that he reveals a darker side of his creator
>they wanted pym's ultron in a movie without pym

I dunno, who the fuck are these guys supposed to be?

They haven't shown Mandarin yet

>implying a change from generic EVIL nazi is anything but good

>Implying you've ever read Thunderbolts
>Or any given comic in general.

>>Sup Forums

>implying average guy in street clothes is a good villain for a super hero movie

MCU isn't The Crow, it doesn't work and it's lazy

That one run did change him from just a generic evil nazi though which is a good thing. Unfortunately he reverted right back so it wasn't enough.

It did work though.

>It did work though.
No it didn't, he was not a good villain.

Hold on, I haven't watched Civil War, Zemo doesn't wear his mask?

How so? He came the closest to getting what he wanted.

They were planning it, but realized it didn't work with the movie's flow. He's still alive, so he'll wear it for sure the next time he appears.

No, he's another disposable MCU villain never to be heard from again

I could write a story about a turd, and leave it out of everything till the last moment, then say THIS ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE OF TURD....writers can do anything, doesn't make it good, fuck off to Sup Forums faggot

Because it's not about the villains for marvel.

You still haven't explained why you think he's bad though.

Zemo was great.

Why are you such a faggot, OP?

Wheadon butchered ultron but the rest were fine. The mandarin twist was good killion was just underwhelming afterword. Zero had nothing in common with the comic version but was still one of the best parts of the movie.

But why was Zemo bad exactly?

I think it's interesting how they did do a shitty job on every villain except Loki, Skull and Stane and it really didn't matter because the main characters we so good and interesting.

I liked this take on Zemo.

But I hope Civil War was like an origin story for him and we get to see him in future installments with the purple sock on.

I liked Zemo, he was like a Jason Bourne.

Zemo was great, although I'm still salty we didn't get to see him in costume. That concept art that was floating around was sick as fuck.

they did
I don't mind changing him in the movie but what they changed him into barely exists as a character.

He had zero characterization and an awful plan even by comic book movie standards.

>implying they ever will
They want that China dosh

True.
Still should have been made by pym

>zero characterization
Confirmed didn't watch the movie.

Ideally, but not everything is possible.
Whedon was pretty damn smart to make Ultron based on Tony when he could've just made Pymtron for no logical reason. It proves he understands the character, and yet faggots on Sup Forums call that "destroying the character".

They should've been like
Pym created the Ultron program, Doc and Tony are reviving it.

>zero characterization

His grief over his dead family, hatred of the Avengers, regret for what he did and his deathwish. That pretty much encompasses a lot of TB Zemo's anti-villainy.

But we hadn't even met Pym, Ultron being obsessive and paranoid would hold no value.

Zemo was fine, the Mandarin was screwed up because he's politically incorrect and they want to appease the Chinese market, and Ultron had all the scary stuff cut out leaving him with nothing but one-liners.