THE CREATIVE FRENCHMAN

THE CREATIVE FRENCHMAN
>My family is starving... what if I tried to cook this little crawler with my superior cooking ability?

THE BRAINLET BRITISH
>grog put toast between two pieces of bread, grog master of cooking

Know the difference, it can save your life.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Merret
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkling_wine
books.google.nl/books?id=BZCGCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT20&lpg=PT20&dq=Some Observations concerning the Ordering of Wines to the Royal Society&source=bl&ots=auPMef6fDU&sig=X_U-tqaJnurzp-yQg2c9uVAj5oI&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhp4zpwpbZAhVL66QKHRcsABoQ6AEIOjAD#v=onepage&q=Some Observations concerning the Ordering of Wines to the Royal Society&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

la 1/256th french creatura...

English invented sparkling wine

Good lord French people are so awesome, well dressed, elegant, charming, polite, witty humor, cultured.

Except that's impossible, Nigel. The sparkling quality of a wine is the result of the grapes used. The British invented the bottles sparling wine is stored in today to preserve its sparkling quality better.

At least you've advanced from the stale "England invented Champagne" myth, which is impossible without retroactively annexing Champagne.

by accident

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Merret

From a link in the article you just linked to.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkling_wine
>The tendency of still wine from the Champagne region to lightly sparkle was noted in the Middle Ages but this was considered a wine fault
Inventing sparkling wine is just as impossible as inventing a rock.

French>anglos

You still wouldn't be drinking it without the English. The corkscrew is also an English invention.

>The corkscrew is also an English invention.

What is your favorite food?

nothing more embarrassing than yank ouiaboos
so forced

>You still wouldn't be drinking [something that occurs naturally] without the English
Alright mate.

But I'll play nice with you and assume that, for some reason, sparkling wine can only be created by adding sugar to it. How about we actually read what your article says.
>Merret describes winemakers adding quantities of sugar and molasses to make the wines drink brisk and sparkling.
>describes
Allow me to make it even more clear
books.google.nl/books?id=BZCGCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT20&lpg=PT20&dq=Some Observations concerning the Ordering of Wines to the Royal Society&source=bl&ots=auPMef6fDU&sig=X_U-tqaJnurzp-yQg2c9uVAj5oI&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhp4zpwpbZAhVL66QKHRcsABoQ6AEIOjAD#v=onepage&q=Some Observations concerning the Ordering of Wines to the Royal Society&f=false
>It would appear that Merret himself did not invent the technique as the way he describes it suggests it was common practice to do this at the time
Try harder.

Fuck Britain and USA. France is our greatest ally.

For me, English food is filling and hearty, and French food is something for faggots, also not worth its money even for 1/4.

it is though
Merret was the first to do it

Read this

why do people hate our food so much?
>inb4 le epic toast sandwich/bubble and squeak wikipedia entry
you can cherry pick from any cuisine to make it look bad

ENGLISHMAN SHOCKED
FRENCHMAN ROCKS

>why do people hate our food so much?
It's been a running gag since the 1800s or so that British food is horrible. A theory I've seen is that it has a lot to do with industrialization in Britain, when a lot of people moved away from the countryside and so meals that were eaten by mostly factory workers became a lot more simple. France other other hand remained much more agricultural even to this very day, thus its cuisine also remained at a more elevated level. Another explanation I've heard is WW2 rationing, but it's not like the rest of Europe was spared that.

> it would appear that Merret himself did not invent the techniques as the way he describes it suggests that it was common practice to do this at the time
> appears
so the way Merret describes it disproves him being the first to make sparkling wine deliberately? such damage control
say it with me
Christopher Merret the Godfather of Champagne

>"our wine coopers of recent times use vast quantities of sugar and molasses to all sorts of wines to make them drink brisk and sparkling"
>"our wine coopers"
Your next post will be "that conclusively proves that wine coopers in other countries didn't do that!".

Because it is bad? Though I think scandinavian food is just as bad.

i would argue it is marginally superior to scandinavian food
and we have good desserts and cakes

>and we have good desserts and cakes
True. Between cheesecake, cupcakes and muffins British desserts are nice.

English wine coopers :)

75% of french food is cheap peasant food baka

me on the right