What does Sup Forums think of the Killing Joke movie adpatation?

What does Sup Forums think of the Killing Joke movie adpatation?

It was just a movie for God's sake, it doesn't have to be a big deal

Funbumping

SJWs hate it so that means it's a good movie

That's surprisingly sound logic

Final bump

>inb4_404_edition

>all those reviews about how horrible the film was because of the BatmanxBatgirl sex scene
>at the showing I went to, the theater burst into a symphony of whooping and whistling when it happened
>including from women

It was fun.

Heard Batgirl was depicted pretty bad.

Ours had a similar reaction. Several catcalls
Yup. Barbs got the short end of the stick

I lied. One more bump

im_not_sorry_edition

pretty underwhelmed. The batgirl arc in the beginning felt corny and shoehorned. Every line of dialogue in the first act is so cliched and predictable that it is comedically terrible. The rest of the story adapted the comic pretty well but the animation truly sucked. Choppy fight scenes, obvious stylistic changes (OP's pic related as well as the cover of the comic homage scene), and the fact that any character turing into profile looked awful. Seriously the animation looked like it belonged to 2004.
The voice acting sucked as well and jokers song scene was terrible.
Redeeming qualities: at least more people will check out the original source material. It has a funny development story behind it as well.

Yeah they wanted to give her something so she would do more than just get shot, but they failed miserably

They butchered it.

It works far better in the comic. The more realistic, yet crazily colored stillframes just fit the pace better, and the dialogue was a bit off in the movie pacing wise. The prologue was 100% unnecessary and cliched as fuck, the movie would be fine, if not better, without it. (That said, the gay best friend was a good laugh once or twice.)

Overall, just read the original, then watch the movie if you feel like having another angle on the story. The original VAs are always great at their roles, there is no pulling of punches with the script, and the animation is great. It simply shiws that comics and film both have their strong suits when it comes to storytelling, and they can't just be interchanged.

as bland and pointless as all the other ones

The Batgirl stuff seemed like a separate movie and the material more BTAS/BB oriented. Since Timm was a producer it made sense only if you watched those, at least in my book. In Batman Beyond old Barb indicates she and Bruce hooked up.

They made it so that you wanted Joker to kill her instead of just cripple her.

I liked the fact it had Barbara and Bruce have sex, because it made a bunch of people that I don't like mad.

>jokers song scene was terrible.

It was pretty bad. Just read the comic instead.

Pretty disappointing, especially from Hamill who certainly wasn't at his A game this time around. The Batgirl additions, poor pacing, incredibly bland art style, and butchered direction of iconic scenes from the comic certainly didn't help matters.

>A theater full of awkward repressed nerds who are so uncomfortable siting through a brief sex scene they have to yell out to relieve their excitement and embarrassment.

I get it, I was a similar way when I was 13, but the movie's rated R, so I'd have to assume these are adults.

The sex scene wasn't offensive or titillating, it was just fucking stupid.

Joker rapes Barbara no one bats an eye.
She has consensual sex with batman and everybody loses their minds.

What a killing jokee.

it's 2016, consensual sex doesn't exist

Didn't like it.
The first and second half feel so disconnected, and the first one was pretty terrible, I don't want to sit through 40 minutes of Barbara's daddy issues. The animation is pretty bad and Hamill sounds old and tired as the Joker.

Also minor nitpick but
>they gave Barbara a campy gay bestie to talk about boys
This trope will never not bother me.

The graphic novel was short and riveting, the movie used writers that have no imagination and injected a half hour more of shit. I fuckin hated it. It was a waist!!!!

That cut right there was like the only shot in the entire thing that didn't look at least somewhat shoddy.

Honestly, I bet even some nip studio like Madhouse could do a better job of adapting it on an OVA budget.

You think that was bad, pay attention to the animation next time.
>Scenes move at normal pace then suddenly turn into a fucking slide show of movements, herky jerky fucking movements.
>In one scene in the warehouse, you can see the outlines around Batgirl and whats his name where they failed to remove the aliasing around their bodies while clip arting them infront of the background.

Given Killing Joke was so short, couldn't they have bumped up the funding for animation and some more expansion on the Joker? I mean may as well, it is a story about him.

Is there anywhere online I can read the original funky colors version of the comic? I've only read the reprint.

elaborate on why they hate it

Sure didn't seem like it

Because the writing was shit

>It was a waist!!!!
>waist!!!!
>waist

Movie was okay, first part was an okay add in but moving focus from Barbara's pov to just a general third person Batman one want so great.

Also Bruce Timm needs to stop pushing his sick fetish into the screen. Though if his intent was for me to be uncomfortable with it and show everybody as deranged then good job.

Also hearing the joker's laughter stop like that instead of just reading it does better support the whole "he killed joker"idea, though from a comics perspective I don't believe it

I skipped the intro entirely. Even without it, this adaptation was pure trash.

>Hamill is either phoning it in or was being directed to not emote at all, which fucks up his monologues completely
>Rapidfire pacing means the emotional scenes are way too rushed to carry any weight
>Cutting the "average man" monologue entirely
>Gordon's VA is god awful
Conroy was the only good thing about it. It's like he's the only one of the cast who read the graphic novel and understands the point of the story.