Finally got around to reading Scanbro's ANADAA storytime. Why by all that's holy was anyone mad at this page...

Finally got around to reading Scanbro's ANADAA storytime. Why by all that's holy was anyone mad at this page? It's funny as fuck.

Because the SJWs

because there's nail on the head and then there's beating a dead horse. This would be funnier if they didn't keep tapping the well so often

What about them?

Muh patriarchy

i cant finf the tread can someone trow me a link?

Eh. Guess I don't pay close enough attention.
Plus Marv's the absolute best character to make this joke with anyway.
Search the Archive for "glorious".

*sigh*
I agreed, it is pretty funny, but keep in mind that Sup Forums has overrun this place so we can never post funny comics like this anymore ...

Is this funnier with context? Am I missing something? I see something that can be interpreted as an unfunny joke at best, and more blatant attacks on an imaginary boogeyman at worst.

kamala found a bunch of fanfiction written about her and read it

There was a guy last night who took it too personally and ranted on about how sexist MRAs are the only opposition to the new feminist world order and they dont deserve to be ridiculed and abused like this. A fucking book with cartoons is abusing him.

Autism personified.

It's missing the set up of the joke. The whole punchline is based on the fact that this page is a complete 180 on the pages before it.

IMO:

It would have been funny if they were playing Captain Marvel off as a Zapp Brannigan type of character, with the fake-Kamala free to do what she wanted. But painting the scene as "omg aren't anti-SJWs the worst?!?!?!?" is just boring and lazy as fuck.

It's just another example of "I don't actually need to put effort into this joke because [insert politics here], [insert various -isms here], [insert current year here]".

i don't get the joke
it just seems like a blatant "take that misogynist" joke, with an extra kick in the nuts to the OG captain/Mr. Marvell, what am i missing here, like seriously, i don't get the joke, someone help

see

The joke is that it's at the end of an incredibly poorly written fanfiction, and then there's this sudden tone switch.

>It's funny as fuck.

It's really really not

so like
are they taking the piss out of niggas who are criticizing their recent stuff, or is it just a joke, like i'm still not understanding here, i'm not the sharpest knife in the draw user

>because you know, every female character has to overcome some patriarchy that every male character benefits from

Because it's idiotic and hamfisted and the same shit writing that makes me wonder if all of the editors at Marvel are all locked in a closet somewhere.

>let's have another 400 post thread of shitposting!

This one in particular seems to be taking the piss at people who screech about SJWs.
There's also the fanfiction making fun of shippers (and furries), and another one that seemed to be making fun of self-interts.

Because SJW's want to ban people's jokes, and when someone makes a SJW joke on their own expense, well, people jump in to ban their jokes.

Honestly, people are just dumb and over-sensitive. Anything related to SJW's and feminism just makes people see red, no matter how little it concerns them.

The joke is that cape comic legacies always revert to the original holder and staying dead is the only reason Captain Marvel's hasn't.

I'm very outraged.

It's a huge bait and switch starting with Carol and Kamala in a bitter fight agaibst aliens in this cheesy scifi tone that sounds incredibly forced. Then on the last page it completely turns around to go: "btw. women better kowtow to da man", flipping Kamala's shit as she reads because it basically is a personal attack from her perspective.
But that's just explaining the joke. You have to read it to get it.

And it's made all the more humorous by the fact that Kamala was invested to the point of tears beforehand.

> Perhaps she could bake them some muffins.

Actually it would work, as shown in Nextwave.

Of course, she gets to wear that dumb helmet and title.
But luckily The Man is there to show her the light.

Did Carol get scalped?
Based.

What glorious ? Subjecy, username, tripcode ?

Ctrl+F. I was cheekily shilling Scanbro's fine taste in music.
No matter you've got a link now anyway:

I WANT TO PLOP A BIG WET KISS RIGHT ON KAMALA'S LIPS

Nope.

Yeah but a bad strawman like this seems more like an opportunity for laughs (i.e. this is what Marvel actually believes theirs critics think) rather than cause for such vigorous butthurt.