Michael Chernus has joined Sony Pictures and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming as one of the villains in the reboot of...

>Michael Chernus has joined Sony Pictures and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming as one of the villains in the reboot of the franchise. Chernus will play Phineas Mason the Tinkerer in the film, which is being directed by Jon Watts and stars Tom Holland in the lead role. Chernus, whose credits include Captain Phillips, Aloha, The Bourne Legacy and Orange Is the New Black, will play opposite villain Michael Keaton.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/08/michael-chernus-spider-man-homecoming-villains-1201801646/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Then who is Logan Marshall-Green playing?

Hey, I thought he was good in OitNB. I'll take it.

Also, source

Source: deadline.com/2016/08/michael-chernus-spider-man-homecoming-villains-1201801646/

So he's the comic relief of the villian trio. Good. I hope Shocker will be the Superior Foes SHocker.

I wonder if he'll show up in more movies after this one. The Tinkerer is the go-to-guy for tech villains to get new stuff and fix their old stuff.

Already known, only needed official confirmation.

I'm happy based Shocker will be joining the MCU.

It has to. His only other characterization is generic thug with literal no personality.

Good actor but

>Tinkerer + Vulture + Shocker + Logan Marshall-Green

How many villains in this damn movie. It's Spider-man 3 all over again.

>Logan Marshall-Green
Wait what?

I'm sure Tinkerer won't be a "villain" but just a side character who makes all the gadgets for the actual villains. I don't see how they could ever play him up as something more then just a weapons dealer.

Norman

>“Prometheus” star Logan Marshall-Green is in talks to join “Spider-Man: Homecoming” in a villainous role, sources confirmed to Variety

Pretty good casting. Never pictured this before

They gotta set up the Sinister Six

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now but where did that image of the Tinkerer come from?

Who's gonna be in the MCU Sinister Six?
>Shocker
>Boomerang
>Beetle
>Speed Demon
>Overdrive
>Dormammu?

I'm hoping Norman Osborn

No old man Tinkerer?

And I wonder if they'll ever introduce his son Rick Mason (The Agent)

he's too good for this shit anyway.

I'm assuming it'll be like how they handled Batroc, where he's not a main villain, just sorta there.

>no Mysterio

>not reading superior foes

Spec Shocker was fun

How many fucking people are going to be in this movie?

They just keep coming up with more news about more people being in it.

Hey now, Spectacular Spider-Man Shocker had plenty of personality.

Then again, they literally made Montana into him.

There tends to be a lot people in movies like these with varying significance to the plot. So far there's like thirty people in this movie that we know of.

Tinkerer just sounds like some kind of gay slur. Bit outdated for a name. Though who am I kidding Marvel villains all suck so he'll probably say

>Work on military weapons? You could say I tinker

This is going to suck so fucking hard but people will eat it up and it will get over 90% in RT because it's a Disney/Marvel Studios film.

>How many fucking people are going to be in this movie?
The advantage of having a cameo in Civil War, is that they can skip all the backstory on Spiderman. And the villains at this point are clearly meant to work together as a gang. I expect most of them to not be killed but saved for later. Marvel seem to have started to conserve villains if Zemo is any indication.

>Shocker will finally be in a movie
Hype just skyrocketed

This movie sounds bloated as fuck.

Civil War sounded bloated too.

And it was.

Other than wanting to fuck Spidey?

Wait, he's WHITE? wtf, Sony. Isn't this against your M.O?

t. butthurt wb fan

Tinkerer just gotta be a nerd who makes shit for criminals.

Shocker is just a bank robber with fancy gloves.

Neither need set-up.

>Tinkerer just gotta be a nerd who makes shit for criminals.
>Shocker is just a bank robber with fancy gloves.
>Neither need set-up.
And really, that's what Spiderman needs. We see that Spiderman regularly handle lower level supervillains in between the big threats. It would represent his world better to show what he actually does do most days.