Britfag here visiting my dad whose moved to SA

Britfag here visiting my dad whose moved to SA,

He can legally buy a gun here but says that he will not have guns in his house.

I've asked him why not and he gives me the shit like you're more likely to have the gun used on you, or shoot someone in your family.

How do I convince him to get armed and protected?

He lives in an all white wealthy neighbourhood, with electric fences, and armed response units. The house is huge too I think 8-14 bedrooms but no real valuables. I guess maybe a computer and a TV, a car too but not flashy.

Most of his neighbors have been the victims of crimes and I think most of them are strapped.

I think if I was living here permanently I would be armed at all times and shoot first. If I saw anyone on my property I would execute them immediately.

tl;dr how do I convince my dad to buy a gun?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Stack--PDS-500-Drawer-Safe-Electronic/dp/B002KEIU4W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1471227868&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=stack on safe
youtu.be/bLiWhFTfUCg
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_11?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=fingerprint gun safe&sprefix=fingerprint,aps,166
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Most of his neighbors have been the victims of crimes and I think most of them are strapped.

talk to his neighbours, ask if they're strapped, get them to come and tell him to do the same

Don't. Let him make his own choices and let him die like a bitch.

Pretty sure hes talked to them about it already, and he sees them carrying them and says they're idiots.

He also mentioned some meme tier shit about no one needing automatic rifles.

>let him die

Yeah thats not really an option

Tell him those statistics include gang members and the children of gang members. If you are safe with your weapons, you have nothing to worry about.

>or shoot someone in your family.

I'm having this problem too. My gf keeps wanting me to knock her up and I want to, too since we're both in our late 20's but I have 3 guns.

Don't want the kids to get even near them or know they exist, but I only bought them to keep nearby for safety in case of a home invasion.

Thought about buying a lock case and leaving them in the trunk of my car, but then that defeats the purpose home defense entirely. I don't like any answers that I've come up with that will satisfy my need to keep them ready and nearby just in case and my gf's desire for complete safety.

Help a brother out.

If he already has this mindset OP, I don't think there is much you can do. It seems to me, even if he had a gun, he wouldn't have the will/spine to pull the trigger on an intruder.

I envy the US, I wish I could own an arsenal of firearms and could have a concealed carry.

what about something like this?
unlocks with your fingerprint

>I would be armed at all times and shoot first. If I saw anyone on my property I would execute them immediately.
Does SA have castle doctrine or similiar like some USA states have?

just keep ammo out of their reach unless taking them to go shooting or something
as long as the gun is fully unloaded, the only harm it could cause is if someone gets hit by the gun itself

You have knives in the house, yes?

There's your argument.

I dnno, but i don't think anyones gonna give a shit if I shoot someone

I can just say he came at me or had a kitchen knife or something

>whose moved to SA
Your father is an absolute madman

it would be easier for you just to treat him as if he has already been killed

>The house is huge too I think 8-14 bedrooms
why the fuck do you need this many rooms

Why not just shoot yourself and save the criminal the effort when you can't get it open

>he gives me the shit like you're more likely to have the gun used on you, or shoot someone in your family.

With a liberal, this is entirely true. Anyone who is capable of being terrified by an inanimate object should never own a gun

I mean he's letting himself die. You tried to help user. If he's not man enough to be able to kill someone who's trying to threaten his life then he's already gone.

Probably panic rooms to confuse intruders

i don't know, and i forgot the guest house which is standalone.

apparently only 1/10 of home invasions result in murder

And the death rate is so high because like 60% of people have AIDS.

>moves to SA
>afraid of guns

He sounds like an idiot, talk him into getting some guard dogs at least.

>Don't want the kids to get even near them or know they exist

Are you trying to raise faggots?

Guns are tools, nothing more or less.
Are you planning to hide hammers and screwdrivers from them as well?

Teach your children what guns are and how to safely use them when they're old enough (around 5). If you instead teach them to be scared of guns, expect them to be dependent on other people's children all their lives.

Here is a crazy idea, how about you teach your children proper firearms safety from a young age...then you don't have to worry about them doing something stupid.

Said like a pussy who has never held a weapon. There is nothing wrong with keeping your weapons stored in a manner that is safe but also practical. Unlike you, some people meet women who want to fuck them and take their seed. When this happens, you have a child. Firearms around children should always be kept out of reach of said children and stored in a manner where they are accessible if needed quickly but also not just laying on the table when others are living in the house.

I know this isn't relative to your situation, but not everyone is a neet faggot who only has to think of themselves. Some of us have to think of the safety of other's.

>Only 1/10

Whew I only have a 10% chance in the 75% chance someone will break into my house in a month

sure does put my mind at ease

Why the fuck would somebody move to SA?

And if they do, not carry?

Your dad is the worst kind of cuck.

>The house is huge too I think 8-14 bedrooms but no real valuables. I guess maybe a computer and a TV, a car too but not flashy.

lol holy shit, user

you think thats how they are going to see it?
>huge fucking mansion here, but its just one guy so he probably doesn't have anything valuable

no. the fact that he lives alone in a huge house like that just makes it more of a target

at the very least he needs ip cameras monitoring the outside

There is no such thing whatsoever, guns or no guns in the house, as complete safety. What you're referring to as "complete safety" is safety from your own guns. The very things that you are supposed to be trained and competent with and with which should train your girlfriend to the same standard.

The safest place to have any gun is on your person (ie in a holster). Otherwise, a locked container will keep toddlers out later you can teach gun safety to your kids.

Here's a 45 dollar example of what you could use.

amazon.com/Stack--PDS-500-Drawer-Safe-Electronic/dp/B002KEIU4W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1471227868&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=stack on safe

As for OP, well, the thing is that having your gun turned on you or shooting a family member is tied to individual incompetence. Having guns in a house with proper training decreases risk from people who aren't you fucking your day up and increases risk that you'll fuck things up for yourself. The whole idea is to take responsibility for yourself by being a trained, intelligent individual and hedging against someone else trying to harm you or your family to reach as superior outcome to simply being unarmed.

My father is nogunz and I think he has two reasons/feels for it:

*He thinks if he had a gun he would use it on himself.
*He has bashed people and been bashed by enough people to imagine someone would have shot him for being a cunt, by now.

Well, his dad has already reproduced.. doesn't matter if he dies now.

Just tell him that if a legless athlete can maintain control of a pistol and use it efficiently, then there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

If he gets some basic defensive training he wont shoot his kids during a home invasion having a plan in place will take care of most of that. Locking the guns up away from kids, but maintaining rapid access should be part of the plan.

My dilemma is that I really want a gun for self protection but I also feel there's a high probability of me shooting myself in a bout of depression.

What do I do?

Move in with a nice boy who has a gun but won't let you touch it.

>I want to raise namby-pamby faggot kids who are ignorant and fearful of firearms

Just get the vasectomy and let your gf reproduce with someone who's worth it.

If it was free, sure. But I bet it ain't, I bet it costs a FUCKTON of cash.

>I don't need a gun I'll just let intruders do whatever they want
>masculine
Your dad, and mine, are pussies.

get this user

youtu.be/bLiWhFTfUCg

Start discussing with him about burial sites and gravestones. R.I.P. user's Dad

I didn't say guns make me uncomfortable.

They really should teach gun safety in schools since so many parents can't wrap it around in their heads to teach their kids basic firearms safety.

So many deaths could be prevented if you pound the idea that a gun is always loaded into their little heads.

California is handing out condoms in middle school why can't we do this?

Sorry dude, your dad is a cuck and won't listen until he is getting his ass rammed in by a dindu who IS armed

Fingerprint scanning isnt all that expensive these days, half smartphones have them now.

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_11?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=fingerprint gun safe&sprefix=fingerprint,aps,166

that particular one is $200, but there is cheaper shit out there

Make a gun rack in the closet, friend. It can sit behind sparse clothes until the kiddos are old enough to be taught safety

Too add onto that, small riflesafes(3-6rifles) good enough to keep a child or teen out can be had for ~$100-200.

I got a massive safe at a church sale for $10 a couple years ago. Nobody wanted to haul off the 2x3ft 150lb lob of steel :)

Your dads a bitch

>I've asked him why not and he gives me the shit like you're more likely to have the gun used on you, or shoot someone in your family.

Just like you are more likely to crash your own car than someone else's; ergo: never drive your own car.

Don't you know that's why niggers are always stealing cars? They are afraid of getting into a wreck.

Pro tip: if you own a swimming g pool, you are MUCH MORE LIKELY TO DROWN IN A SWIMMING POOL.

Most people who kill themselves do it in their own houses as well, meaning that you are more likely to commit suicide if you live in your own house.

Escape the statistics. Go live in the woods and off the grid.

This, I have seen this a lot of times.

>he gives me the shit like you're more likely to have the gun used on you,

Massive meme perpetrated by liberal gungrabbers who misrepresent statistics.

Of course if you own a gun you are [insert some value percent] more likely to die from it, because you can't commit suicide from a gun you don't own.

The truth of the matter is that if you remove child based accidents and suicides, gun owners are only as likely to get hurt with their own guns as anybody else is to get hurt with their own car, powertools, or anything else that you can only get hurt by if you own them.