What is the point of wearing this armor when you instantly die with one hit...

What is the point of wearing this armor when you instantly die with one hit? They don't even leave a hole so do the lasers go through the armor or some shit? I don't get Star Wars, man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7rHrpQ2gAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I too have noticed that star wars is not realistic, we truly are geniuses aren't we?

Do we know for sure that storm troopers died? Maybe the armor did save them and they were merely knocked unconscious

there could be many reasons for stormtrooper armor besides blaster immunity
> allows them to work in space
> internal communications
> ensures anonymity and suppresses individuality
> good against knife attacks
> probably bullet proof
not everyone in the empire has a blaster. in fact they might be comparatively rare

It actually did. It absorbed most of the energy and they were just knocked out. At least in the old canon

Cause they're not dead just severely injured. The armor makes the difference

today we have armor and armor penetrating munition

fuck off normie blasters are way more common than slugthrowers (as they are known in universe)

And a shotgun will still knock you on your ass!

What would the modern day equivalent of taking a blaster to the chest whilst wearing Stormtrooper armor be like?

The armor is stated to be very resistant to blaster fire, often knocking a trooper uncoucious im the process of stopping a bolt and they are completely impervious to slugthrowers

youtube.com/watch?v=I7rHrpQ2gAk

I would imagine taking a rifle-caliber round to the chest wearing level IV plates. You're not dead but you are in pain.

Exactly how I imagined it

You're right, OP. What's the point of wearing all that armor and gear if you're most likely just gonna get killed after one headshot anyway? This is why the government should stop giving our troops body armor and helmets, because who's to say they aren't just gonna get killed by an ISIS sniper?

See? I just solved the problem of military overspending. Vote for me in 2020.

it would be extremely painful

Go away, Hillary.

Same reason we send soldiers into war with insufficient armour and jeeps made of tinfoil. It's cheap.

The Empire used plasteel because it was cheap and easy to mass produce, and while it could be made to look impressive in 'tests', it was actually pretty rubbish. It'd stop a small blaster bolt, but like our equivalent vests, it couldn't stop a shot from a rifle. Han's pistol is really powerful, like the magnum of lasers.

You're a big trooper

>Han's pistol is really powerful, like the magnum of lasers
its illegally modified iirc

for sheev

>mfw the Imperial ATF would be all over Han's ass if they knew

>ATF raids Hans house looking for illegally modified blasters
>Hans explains he lost all his blasters on a Naboo fishing trip
>ATF eaves after killing his pet gundark

huehuehue