What's it like to enjoy simple things like DC or Marvel movies...

What's it like to enjoy simple things like DC or Marvel movies, where a big alien purple guy is the main villain because he wants to destroy stuff (Darkseid and Thanos)?

It seems like everything in life would be so much easier if I could just turn off my brain and enjoy these superhero movies and nu-Star Wars like the normies do. I kinda envy them.

Other urls found in this thread:

psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>differentiating nu-Star Wars from old Star Wars as if it wasn't always about simple things and defeating a big bad

>if I could just turn off my brain and enjoy
>posts on Sup Forums

looks like you're already there m8

reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

Darkseid is that, but Thanos isn't.

simpler times

How's Thanos dfferent?

I don't know about you, but I don't shitpost here. Not my problem if you do.

>reddit mention

That was quick

Wow, you are such a special snowflake, congrats, here is your prize

I'm not saying I'm special, there are many like me. I'm sorry I don't like the same thing you do.

>I'm not saying I'm special
Yes, you are, and you are a prick while at it
>It seems like everything in life would be so much easier if I could just turn off my brain and enjoy these superhero movies and nu-Star Wars like the normies do. I kinda envy them.

Boo fucking hoo, look at me, with my high intellect, being stuck in a world where I cannot enjoy the simpler things in life, like the common folk do. My life is such a Sophoclean tragedy.

Try getting your dick out of your ass first and regulate your daily dose of inhaling your own farts.

Thank you for posting, and take care not to cut yourself in all those edges.

Your life would be better. You're a joyless piece of shit.

Stop being a pseud faggot, Marvel DC and Star Wars are dumb but you're being insufferably pretentious

Every generation says they were simpler times in the past moron.

Special would meanthat I'm unique, I just said I wasn't. There are many that don't enjoy that stuff, like me.

Why are you focusing so much on that instead of saying why you like Marvel / DC movies, which is the point of the thread? You seem extremely salty for no particular reason.

Jesus, do you work for those companies or something? Why does it bother you so much?

>so much butthurt
you clearly have feelings of inferiority.
Dont blame others cause you are a loser and a failure in your own eyes.

No why does it bother YOU so much?

Who gives a shit?

Some of these movies can even be downright fuckin boring. Why even bring up something you don't even enjoy? Shut your fat mouth.

>Why does it bother you so much?

Because you're a miserable loser who only makes these threads because he wants (You)'s because he's lonely. You can't have fun so you don't want anybody else to have fun either. Seriously, what even is the point of threads like these? You've already made up your mind so none of the comments will sway you.

Thanks for the free psychoanalysis Mr. Freud, sir.

Just decide to like things for what they are. You created this idea of intellectual superiority to those around you, when in reality you are probably more basic and lackluster than the normies who enjoy capeshit.
Just stop taking shit so seriously faggot. It's just movies.

I'm trying to understand the point of view of those who enjoy it, why are you so angry?

If you think I'm looking for (you)s and you don't like it, why are you giving them to me? Why not move on to a thread about something that doesn't make you mad?

Seems like you have trouble dettaching yourself from things.

I'm angry because I told asked why it bothers you. You clearly don't have a good grasp on reality.

The reason people like them is because they're big spectacles. If you can't rationalize that in your mind then you're beyond help anyway. It's so simple.

I'm tired of capeshit on Sup Forums too.

You're going to get many butthurt responses, OP. If you've ever frequented this board, you'd know most Sup Forums users aren't any more versed or interested in film than the redditors and normies they make fun of or criticized. It shock them to watch anything with any sort of pretense to depict the human condition with degree of substance. Most don't even have a semblance of awareness of off-Hollywood and non-English films. To them, the idea of film being anything but mindless entertainment is foreign. Very few are going to relate with your post.

It's pretty boss my nig, I'd recommend it. Like someone else said, enjoy it for what it is, find things in it to like. Think of all the people that put their efforts into it, not just the writers. Adjust your standards and expectations to something more simple and enjoy it. Does every meal have to be a 5 star meal to be good? Does every girl have to be a perfect 10/10 to be hot? Does every painting have to be the greatest painting to be worth looking at?

Learn to absorb what's there and you'll enjoy everything that our wonderous modern lives have to offer.

Yep.

>Just decide to like things for what they are

This is a pretty common phrase, but have you ever really thought about it?

I fail to see what that even means.

>You created this idea of intellectual superiority to those around you, when in reality you are probably more basic and lackluster than the normies who enjoy capeshit

What? I fail to see the A -> B logic here. Assuming the first part is true, to humor you, how does feeling superior makes one probably more basic than those that don't think about it at all and look for simple escapism in movies that don't challenge the viewer?

Those were factually simpler times. Movies like Star Wars weren't nearly as common as they are today. You'd rarely get superhero movies made for children back in the day, while today you have one every two or three months, marketed to "adults", and their plots seem just as thin.

Spectacle for the sake of spectacle is as meaningful as a masturbation session. Just sensory overload. Why are people happy with not being challenged by movies? If they want simple entertainment, they can just find a bedroom and enjoy themselves for free.

actual photo of OP.

I guess you're right. Part of me thinks it's related to being spoiled as a child. Challenge is perceived as an obstacle rather than a way to improve yourself. So they go on a quest for constant pleasure and want everything to be "fun": movies, series, books, games etc.

Sure showed OP, +1

bump

>Why are people happy with not being challenged by movies? If they want simple entertainment, they can just find a bedroom and enjoy themselves for free.
Oh my god, if you are not trolling right now, holy shit you are dense as fuck.
When people want to be challenged by movies they watch challenging movies. When they do not feel like getting challenged by a movie they watch simple shit. Not everyone gets pleasure in life just by masturbating you dimwit.
Did I make it easy for you to understand now?

What do you like in the superhero movies? Would you mind sharing?

I wish you would permanently turn off your brain, OP.

Is that what happened to you?

Do you not understand biology?

I don't understand the "not feeling like getting challenged" attitude. It's literally saying I just want to turn my brain off, which is something I can't relate to. Why would you want to ever turn you brain off? You can have fun while being challenged if, again, you don't see challenge as an obstacle, so why should I settle for less?

Can you point the merits of seeing 'easy' movies without the 'fun' buzzword?

Oh fuck off. At least Darksied has the excuse of being a literal God for his ego and being and evil conqyeror. Thanos just wants to literally and not figuratively fuck Death.

I, on the other hand, wish you'd turn your brain on if only for the duration of this conversation. We can't always get what we want.

Ok, this is officially either a bait thread or a thread created by Tommy Wisseau.

At least drop the reddit spacing if you want samefag, jeez.

Im feeling this guy is a major autismo

psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/
tell us your score OP

Funny how the people who "enjoy things for what they are" can't relate to a dissonant opinion.

Keep whining in the corner, I guess.

>inb4"It's YOU who are whining!!!!!"

Got that link on your Favorites, son? What's your score on that leaderboard?

?? Thats my first post, cool your jets you just seem socially retarded it wasnt a bad thing

No one's singling you out, chill.

It's just that your written voice has no personality, like others in this thread.

>reddit spacing

Idk what that is user. You need to soend less time there

For starters, the visuals. There's nowhere I can go to see what's made with CG at these budgets with these characters and these action scenes. Yeah, it can always be better, people like to shit on the airport scene in Civil War for example. But you know what? I still liked it, because I got to see Iron Man and War Machine fly around, I got to see Spidey fight Cap, I got to see Ant-Man go huge and step on a car. I get to see Vision shooting lasers, Wanda throwing cars. It's exciting, it's unreal, it's done with definition and detail that comic books and cartoons and games just don't offer in the same way. A lot of time and effort and money goes into it and these visuals and sequences become unparalleled in this way.
I also like the metaphors, the symbolism of it all. This is where writing has to hold things up but it doesn't need to be complicated. When a hero acts bravely, they become an ideal. When Spider-Man held the train and was willing to give it all, it was beautiful. It was a metaphor for a person, a hero, that gave everything to others and with their strength alone, held up a whole group of people. It is a metaphor for the greatest people that hold the rest of civilization up, and in such an uncommon way like bravery and sacrifice devoid of ego and selfishness. When Captain gives his speech near the end of Winter Soldier it fires me up, that sense of inspiration and heroism represented on the screen.
It's also escapism. My fantasies with regard to greater-than-life power or ability is not a well written epic either, but it's fun. And when I watch these films I can imagine myself in that world, this easy simple world that can just be a playground. Superhero films in particular, the idea of having powers and being so strong and so smart and so amazing even if it falls apart when you bring it into reality.
I try and find good things in these movies. Nice visuals, moments, metaphors, and more often than not they can provide at least those things.

>metaphors
Yeah, capeshit is a gold mine for sophistaced and nuanced metaphors with substantial insight into the human condition.
You're just uncultured, user. It's fine to be. Just accept it though, you'll be happier doing so. No one familiar with the works of actual artist like Tarkovsky, Ozu, or Bergman could refer to anything in these highly commercialized and focus-grouped toy commercials as having any poetry of any substance.

How old are you though? That thing you wrote would be a beautiful thing to read if it was coming out of a 12-13 yo child, but as an adult, don't you think you've seen more than enough of the simple utopic selfless acts of heroism? These movies always follow a very simple structure, a simple re-telling of the hero's journey, already fully explored by greek authors thousands of years ago. What can, say, Avengers 3 offer you that Avengers 1 and 2 didn't?

If only you could see yourself from the outside, see your words. You're pathetic my man. Maybe internally you feel strong with your high standards and your "superior culture", but to me you seem weak and stupid. You're not some bastion of superior living, you're on Sup Forums in a capeshit thread deriding someone else for their views. It might be you that is uncultured. I enjoy things of "greater" substance and complexity as well, I just have a capacity to enjoy many different things.
I don't watch movies from some hypothetical birds-eye-view where everything just looks like a narrative shape. You could simplify anything and make it sound boring or samey. Don't I think I've seen more than enough? How much is enough? How much is enough of a tasty burger, or sex with a girl I like? Sure, if that's all I watched and all I ate and all I fucked and all I concerned myself with, it would become less interesting. That's just a rule of living, a rule that can be applied to everything. Varied diets are key.
What can Avengers 3 offer me that 1 and 2 didn't? New scenarios, new visuals, new plots? New set-ups for new payoffs? Oh, but it isn't new, because it's the heroes journey if you zoom out/simplify enough, right? Well maybe I don't need it to be some mind-shattering fresh narrative. Am I going to get bored of all paintings because they're all on a rectangular canvas and use colors I've already seen before? Or because they have subjects I've seen before (people, buildings, mythical figures, etc)? Should I stop eating burgers because I've already had plenty of tasty burgers in my life?

>If only you could see yourself from the outside, see your words.

Ironic, coming from the guy who wrote
>And when I watch these films I can imagine myself in that world, this easy simple world that can just be a playground. Superhero films in particular, the idea of having powers and being so strong and so smart
You've admitted to having the thoughts process of a child.
I ridicule you, because it's a way for you to grow. Capeshit offers nothing, they're a product of a campaign of infantilism on the adult population of the world. You're a victim, user.

>Should I stop eating burgers because I've already had plenty of tasty burgers in my life?

You shouldn't eat fast food, period. It's bad for you and offers no nutrion. It taste like shit and it's both immoral in production and business. Same can be said for capeshit