Should a woman take her husband's last name?

Should a woman take her husband's last name?

Yes so they're a family.

No, it should be the other way around.

That's what me and my wife's son did.

Went to a wedding recently where the wife kept her own last name. Husband looked like a cuck.

kek

yes. if they get to live in our house, raise our kids and spend our money, they take our last name.

Chek'd

yes. otherwise it's not a marriage and they should live with the fact they are just a civil union or stayover

No. You're aware that before they used to take the entire name, right?

Combining last names with a hyphen is the best.

Yes. Why do you think you right your name on stuff thats important to you? To show the world its yours. And also if you lose it people know who to return it to

Child's Middle name should be last name of wife and child's last name should be the father's. I have always thought this, not sure why people just dont do that. If there is no husband or its a rape baby just switch the names around and/or give them a different middle name.

No. European women don't. That is correct. We are fat and wrong as always. Fucking Plato and Common Law need to both die

My based parents did that to me also my first name means Christ Bearer

Non-issue, who cares.

The couples should be able to decide that kind of stuff, it's no one's business but theirs.

Should OP kys?

That's the dumbest shit ever, your kids will be the biggest faggots ever and teachers will treat them poorly.

Woman should take man's name, it's a symbolic gesture of commitment to him. In the same right, he's going to make sure she gets on the lifeboat first, he's going to make sure he goes downstairs with a shotgun to clear the house of dindus while she waits safely upstairs calling 911, he's not going to cheat on her and he'll spend 40 years telling her white lies to keep her happy and sane ("yes, you're still tight after 3 children").

There's give and take on both sides of a marriage. A woman who isn't even willing to take her husband's last name is not a woman worth marrying. Was so happy to see my sister take her husband's last name, even if it is a french one.

Allowing your wife to keep her name in anyway (hyphenated still makes you a loser) is the cuckiest thing you can do. It's even cuckier than actually being cucked and raising the product as your own.

In my family,

Me, my wife, and my children take my father's first name as our last name.

So if my dad's name was Bob Shultz,

We would be the Bob family and I would be Ferdinand Bob.

My kids would take my first name as their last names, Suzy Ferdinand and jacob Ferdinand.

We can't trace our lineage past 4 generations kek.

Is your sister's husband a cuck?
do you know if he wants any bulls for her?

Yes but it should be done in a Scandinavian and Anglo Saxon mix.

>Everyone should have a surname
>and patriach's first name prefixed with -sson or dotir
>So Ingrid Thorssdottir Ahlberg
>Gets married to Adolf Adolfsson Eklund
>Wife's name changes to Ingrid Thorssdottir Eklund

But I'm in quite in the minority. It makes sense. Lineage plus a family name.

You should choose whose name has the most prestige or, if equal, which is easier to pronounce and spell.

My mum's last name is super easy to spell and pronounce, my dad's is Welsh and almost impossible to pronounce, but because they're both "good Protestants who use the man's last name" I'm now stuck with a shitty long-ass Welsh last name instead of a nice, short German one.

Yes, and it helps us to identify who the cucks are in a given organization. I work with several guys who have their spouses in the same building (highrise tower, about 40 different businesses in it). I can think of 3 guys in my department whose wives didn't take their last name, and they are objectively cucks. Typical leftist faggots who make reddit-tier jokes, share memes when they should be working, and are unmotivated fuckwits who will still be in a cubicle 30 years from now. Faggots can't pull the trigger on anything, it's no wonder they get 2% raises.

That's actually a suffix, not a prefix m80.

Agreed. Also, when I'm reviewing resumes the hyphenated last names instantly go in the trash. It's just as bad as naming your kid Bonquiqui. Don't handicap yourself.

My woman did, I don't much care if yours does

t.spic

yes

why would you ask such a stupid question

The grammar implies:
>and patriach's first name prefixed with -sson or -dotir as the suffix

because that's fucking pathetic is why

Yes.

This. Hifen "surnames" used to make sense if you're from the nobility, but now its just a joke

cuck detected

That's fuckin retarded. Is this some southern hick tradition? Do you marry cousins? Or keep it to direct siblings?

He's not a cuck, I was with them at Longhorn Steakhouse when he nearly beat the shit out of a guy for bumping into my sister. We were waiting at the bar for a table and some drunk shitlord was getting too rowdy, started play-wrestling with one of his friends. Friend shoved him off, he slammed into my sister and knocked her drink out of her hand.

>bro in law grabs this drunk douche by the collar
>literally drags him out of the fucking restaurant on his tippy-toes
>tosses him to the ground
>tells him to fuck off
>bartender gives him nod of approval upon returning
>sister pretends to be upset saying he could have been hurt etc.
>can tell she is actually happy that he did this

Women love violence, especially when it's in their honour.

But I think you might already know that Pedro, given that your people are keen to lop heads off and pile them in the streets.

Then they are no longer owned by their fathers. Youre all degenerates. Rob them of their headscarves so men can cover instead. Mongs

Or perhaps he's a Jew...

Thats a spanish tradition, but inverted.

Theres no sense if you're not from the spanish world. Its like given weird foreign first names to children

You wouldn't say "prefixed" though, just the suffixed bit. Not disagreeing with you, just saying that your explanation is fucky.

kek

The last name should be a toggle. A switch, hell a state of governance even but as long as it can be enabled or disabled at anytime for any reason and with as many people as desired.

If she doesn't, he might as well be raising a halfnigger, everybody knows he's a pussy.

what kind of pathetic system is that?

My only concern is if they don't, how do you name the kid?

Women get their mitochondrial DNA passed on throughout all lineages

Men only have but a clan name

Just let us have one thing for fucks sake

She might as well.

She takes everything else from the poor bastard.

>Eventually his will to live.

My wife's boyfriend also suggested that I take her last name and i think it would be great for their son

I have my mother's last name. My parents are and have been married for over 20 years. It's literally no big deal.

Half the time it still gets the father's surname, the other half of the time it gets a retarded hyphenated name.

>Hi Coach, I'm John Smith-McKellan
>Alright team, let's get out there and win this!
>Darby, you're on defense!
>Parsons, left side!
>SMITH-MCKELLAN, get the fuck off the green you cucked faggot I hate saying your name even once kiss your future goodbye son you're a fuckin loser already.

So much cuckb8ing itt

>It's literally no big deal.

Until people find out.

Go search your parents' closet right now, I guarantee you'll find a 20" strap-on dildo and a gimp mask with your dad's name on it.

Trying too hard.

I actually know a guy that took his wife's last name of "Roberts". But his was something like "Fagilaka" and he's a cuck anyways, so I don't really blame him.

It's simbolical. It means that your father and his whole lineage are not worth enough to keep passing their family nams

Wtf no.

[Spoiler] I've checked. Nothing [/Spoiler]

Yes.

It literally isn't. My dad's a single child, his father was a faggot, and his whole family is full of drunken Cucks.

Then it's even worse, they actually have a bull on retainer to fuck your mom while your father watches.

Check under the bed for some KFC chicken bones or an old 'do rag.

Wew lad.

what's with all the bitches at the Olympics with two last names?

You would actually poke that disgusting hambeast. Well then again you guys blow dogs so I'm not really suprised

Why would it be weird at all? It would be much easier to trace lineage.

Hispanic/Latino tradition

On questions like this I am torn between not permitting women to engage in the behaviour and allowing them to do it so I can pick out the bad ones.

If anybody reading this let their wife keep her last name, or god forbid, let her hyphen it, I just want you to know that every male that you know laughs at you behind your back and calls you a cuck. Male relatives, coworkers, men you call friends, they all laugh behind your back. "b...b...but that's not true! Nobody ever says anything to me!" you say. Well trust me, we are laughing eternally.

What happens when that kid gets married? Do they get a triple hyphenated name?

Shit skin detected

The only reason a woman should keep her last name is if she's an established and well-known professional like a doctor, lawyer, etc.

Sounds like a Paki to me

the name system nowadays is simplistic. Many names describe the profession or other properties of an ancestor and is just copied over continuously.

No, Muslims are right about women.

>implying women can or should be professionals

W E W

E

W

I doubt it.
Everyone knows the name of their mothers.

I like this one tbqh

She already got the house and the kids.
My Name is all I have left, HAVE SOME DECENCY PIERETTE!

>wife taking husbands name
This was one of the conditions I gave my wife before we got married. Told her I wouldn't do it if she didn't change her name. She was pretty quick to say yes.