Olympic athletes are gorging themselves on free McDonald’s

washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/olympic-athletes-are-gorging-themselves-on-free-mcdonalds/2016/08/12/25f0eb35-5a26-4bdb-8643-123855fb0430_story.html

> RIO DE JANEIRO — The afternoon was blustery, cold and drizzling, and the Samoan freestyle swimmer Brandon Schuster was outside in shorts and flip-flops, looking rather anxious because there were still 53 people in front of him to reach the door of the Olympic Village’s most popular restaurant.

>“We’re so pathetic,” he said. “It’s raining, and we’re waiting in line for McDonald’s.”

>Since no other fast-food chains have a presence here, McDonald’s is the only game in town. The line has allegedly stretched farther than a football field.

>It also happens to be free, at least for athletes and coaches. The orders can get prodigious. You see weightlifters grasping multiple bags in each mitt and pixie gymnasts balancing armfuls of cardboard soda holders. Israelis line up with Iranians. Mongolians mix with Bahamians. Australian basketball player Andrew Bogut, who plays in the NBA with the Dallas Mavericks, reportedly ate at the village McDonald’s.

USA! USA! USA! Such a patriotic story. The burger is what fuels the Olympians, not their silly veganism and health food. Some of these athletes even win gold medals on a diet of McDonald's.

The strength of the American burger is so powerful, that it unites cultures and brings the Jew and Muslim together. God bless McDonald's and the USA.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37077172
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Multi-ethnic.

Mono-cultural.

Fuck yeah.

Who did that?

We did. USA.

Coca Cola. Cheeseburgers. Pizza. Freedom fries.

I don't care where it comes from. If we popularized it, we own it. It's ours.

Little bit of USA in every country on the planet.

You're welcome Earth.

>being globalist scum

god bless the USA
and god bless burgers
how can the rest of the world even compete? Faggy ass vegans and euroshits

So how long until some Huehues try to rob them?

>In Brazil
>Not trying local cuisine
Yeah that is pathetic. Still probably safer and more convenient though.

Brazilian local cuisine is 9mm or .45auto.

Gotchu, senpai

bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37077172

why don't they eat food instead?

>Not trying local cuisine

Human flesh?

>americans clap and cheer at "their" company
>meanwhile "their" company is a global multinational that only sees the US as a market

Brand loyalty is fucking dumb.

>Its not your culture any more if it spreads to other places
ok

healtheir than fatdonalds

I'm sure we'd think that too if the only brands in out country were Vegemite and Fosters, Dundee.

>companies are culture, not profit-seeking organisations that will do anything for money, including discarding their culture if it gets in the way of business
ok

In their defense, the local food is probably loaded with parasites and pathogens.

Better to just stick with the McDevil you know than the Juan you don't, right?

The burger brings peace, peace and heart failure.

Its American food, so its American culture

go check the menu, goy. it's mostly Brazilian-themed food

your country is great because the white people did not mix with niggers for a long time otherwise usa would be like brasil

They don't seem that friendly with each other. Where's this Olympic orgy culture I've been hearing so much about?

Hey, we have BK, KFC and now Wendy's too!
We are not saveges

U

S

A

WINS AGAIN

Brasil is actually pretty good in the South. I wonder why that is.

We also know how to clean a pool

I'LL SHOW YOU AMERICAN FOOD, FUCKFACE! SEE ME IN REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW, NO JOKE!

I can make you some nice muffaletta

>fatdonald
>USA has most gold, silver, bronze medals
baka desu senpai

>Freedom fries

kek
top kek

CANT STOP WONT STOP

>Wendy's
Do huehue Wendy's have Baconators?

God bless America home of the Burger

The more iffy the region's health regulations, the more a McDonald's will shine out as a golden beacon of first-world standards, however low-end.

it was like the opening cerimony m8

it was representing our gene pool

>"""""""best""""""" athlets in the world
>not watching their health
>eating literally garbage

THESE are freedom fries.

What you people eat are "victory fries", like "victory gin" in 1984.

I am a globalist

in fact if it comes down to yes or no I could give up my language in the pursuit of the BRAVE NEW WORLD

>implying that wouldn't proof a superior metabolism

People seem to confuse sports performance with health. The healthiest diet is not necessarily the most optimal for performance, especially in strength sports. There is also nothing healthy about competing at the top level in any sport.

>implying they are the """""best"""""" without cheating

No rules, just royt.

>tfw poutine at McDonald's

>implying cheating without getting caught isn't another way of superiority too

this makes me oddly patriotic

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

>implying
It's the only place in town certified to not give them the shits.

>poutine
Such a deliciously disgusting food. It's a bowl of straight up fat and carbs and it's so fucking tasty.

what is that and why

it's called poutine

french fries covered in syrup and cheese curds

if you want truly repulsive food look at pic related

Why

There is no reason for any of this

That is god damn horrifying

Dog Bless

Athletic nutrition isn't as hard as people make it out to be. They burn a lot of calories, so they need a high-calorie diet, and food like fries and burgers are good for that, plus since they're eating so much, they'd have to go out of their way avoiding micronutrients to not get enough.

Also, after they've finished their event, it's Saturnalia in the Olympic Village. They eat all the stuff they're not allowed to in training, they stay up all night partying, they fuck all the other hot young elite athletes.

What the fuck... is this even allowed?

Poor Mexican's make entire meals from junk food because it's all they have that's edible and plentiful, because of American companies. Coca Cola and cereal and chips are usually the key ingredients in many dishes.

Poor Mexicans are human trash. Real Mexicans want to build a wall on the border too because even they understand that the poor Mexicans are subhuman.

how do you know this!
don't tell the pablos down south

So you have never tried that have you?

It's orgasmic to say the least
Specially when you do this to fruit, it's godly

McDonalds is fucking terrible. I'd pick literally any other fast food place over it. Maybe it's better in America? Here their burgers are just dry.

No, I've never tried this, I've heard about it in a food history class that discussed the history of cuisines from around the world. I took that class for fun.

Class basically stated that all of human history was because of our stomachs.

Professor was a coalburning, Jewish single mother that brought her young son to class so she could watch him.

Love the webm

disgusting, and i'm talking about the poutine not the video.

>Specially when you do this to fruit
What are they doing to fruits?! No, don't tell me. I don't even wanna know what they do to their fucking fruits.

>I'd pick literally any other fast food place over it

Did you not read the part that said:
>Since no other fast-food chains have a presence here, McDonald’s is the only game in town

Live in America, can verify McD is indeed fucking delicious.

Those nuggets tho

You will never have the feeling of putting a delicious fruit with Chili, lemon, Salsa and chamoy on your mouth

The sweet spicy sour taste all at the same time

It's orgasmic I tell you what!

>McD is indeed fucking delicious
You're telling me that you couldn't find a better burger literally anywhere else, other than McD? What ever happened to Burgerland?!

Underr8d

For the record, in case anyone didn't understand the trolling, poutine is fries with cheese curds (you can use grated cheese, but it's not as good) and gravy. There's no syrup involved.

Looks like some of the salt from the fries fell off an landed on your personality. Come back when your athletes can do anything significant besides kick a ball around

>You will never have the feeling...
It's because kek watches out for his disciples.

Have you ever put salt and tajin (Chili powder) on a mango?

>t. American education

So shut up dude
Go try it and then decide
Go Grab an orange put some Chili lemon and a bit of Salsa and if you find some chamoy then fucking eat it

Then go deeper
Take a watermelon
Some cucumber
Mango omg Mango!!!

yeah it WOULD look like mutilated baby jew

>There's no syrup involved.
>A leaf
Riiiight...

The burgers are pretty shit but the fries and chicken nuggets are pretty damn good.

McDonald's has its own distinct style and flavor that makes it desirable. There are a lot of places I would consider better, but that doesn't mean that McDonald's isn't good.

That said, I found out I have celiac, so I can't even enjoy burgers unless I make them at home with my special gay bread.

Come on, there's something special about it
There's lots of better ones, but not one tastes like it

Not saying that at all. I didn't say it was the best burger i've ever had, but I think it does taste good. I don't always go for the best quality, McD is cost effective and fast

>sweet spicy sour
This is the flavor profile I go for when I make mixed drinks.

>I found out I have celiac, so I can't even enjoy burgers
>Not going through diarrhea for a McDonalds burguer
Are you even American?

psh we have tons more burgers got like 6 burger joints around where i live can go to a greek burger shop which they make real good bacon burger double patty with avocados and cheese

to be fair a burger from McDonalds isn't that bad
its the fries and soda that gets you

Kek does not love you

>salt and tajin (Chili powder) on a mango?
No. But what they sell here as "mango" taste like shit anyways, because it's not fucking ripe... I doubt some salt and chili powder will help.

HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

Mcdonalds rules the world bitch. Every single country that doesn't have a mcdonalds has been invaded. Ronald mcdonald is the true mastermind pulling the strings.

That's what you go for when you drink a drink
But I am talking about fooding a food

Burger is a German word
The hamburger originates from Germany

syrup? try gravy

That's true, I've never come across burgers as dry as they are there

>McD is cost effective and fast
Ahh, guess that's where the dissonance is comming from. Around here McD is expensive as fuck; compared to what you can get elsewhere.

I can't speak for all athletes, but some like Phelps have to eat like 6000+ calories a day, some fast food isn't going to do shit.

>tfw mcpick 2 for $3

It isn't covered in syrup, it's gravy, cheese, and french fries which are just potato. kek'd tho

Dog bless the burger

>I found out I have celiac
Are you 100% sure of that? You got the biopsy and everything?

It's really important to make certain. I thought I had celiac disease for a while, but due to circumstances I couldn't get properly tested. Later on, I found it was something much different but also serious (homocystinuria), and while avoiding gluten helped a little (due to its significant contribution to total methionine intake), it was not a full solution.

It's good with food, too, but I probably get more of my calories from drinks.

Isn't the BigMac literally used to measure inflation as it always cost 1USD?

yes, they are a piece of shit, not arguing that, but they have a distinct flavour