I heard once John Williams will score an entire movie and then let the director choose which tracks to include in the...

I heard once John Williams will score an entire movie and then let the director choose which tracks to include in the film. Jurassic Park is a major victim of this.

Obviously the tracks were pulled for a reason, but now you can hear the movie as it was originally scored with 100% John Williams tracks restored. It seems like they wanted to give the audience a break so they werent pelted with constant JW for two hours

>Tyrannosaur Paddock
youtube.com/watch?v=HYawgWFOdTs

>Nedry's Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=gNeqUjc7SB0

>The original scored T-rex Visitor Center ending
youtube.com/watch?v=zmPp-SCr0Ew

>Raptors in the Kitchen (intro) - removed because it was too scary
youtube.com/watch?v=SNAeCt1fuWo

>Ellie's Escape
youtube.com/watch?v=ec65xis15SI

>Climbing the Fence
youtube.com/watch?v=scR53501tvQ

>Malcolm's Misfortune
youtube.com/watch?v=sn3qd9p5LY8

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/4cw4k5mzg2f9qx2/JP_original_shutdown.avi
mediafire.com/file/q5i4tt7rxu31933/JP_original_fence_sequence.avi
mediafire.com/file/8vpj1a627b9gdk4/jp_original_raptors.avi
youtu.be/w1VV-wa7S1Q
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj97d8rNyhFej81v41mr49lPILyOxVMvQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seems cool, quality post

Nice post, saving these for later, busy at the moment.

Sad that these didn't make it.

>JP thread

What a brapper

Honestly this is a dumb meme, don't wanna think about farts every time I look at an ass.

the meme is that they are the same, did I do it right guys?

I felt like the Raptor in kitchen scene was pretty scary as is and don't think the music would make it scarier, maybe it would even overpower the scene. But meh, it's been many years who knows.

OP here. I'm working on a few more. Pretty much all the scenes have been uploaded but there are few snippet scenes where theres only 10 seconds or so of cut music, so I will probably make that into one compilation video

included scenes
>scene cut from hammond in the trailer to dodgeson arriving in costa rica
>extra music right before the jeep starts falling in the tree
>extra trex boom boom sounds while malcolm is alone in the jeep
>music cut too soon at the end of the jeep chase transitioning to the kids in the tree scene
>extra music when Muldoon is hunting the raptor in the jungle
>some other scenes

Holly shit, this is an epic thread, thank you for your hard work.

thanks friend. At some point I might render out the entire movie with all the music, just so people can watch the alternate "full music" version. I'll admit it does get a bit overwhelming with all of williams bombastic music happening every 5 minutes but its a great educational process

long story short im a big fan of soundtracks and after listening to the JP soundtrack for years I was really curious why there was so much unused music. What makes this project work so well is that the music was cut AFTER editing, and near the end of the production, so its literally as easy as dropping in the entire track and everything lines up perfectly. I've tried this with other movies but often the missing music coincided with deleted scenes which makes its impossible to do.

But that's what an ass is for.

Another user reporting in to give you serious props. I look forward to watching the full movie in your edition. Fucking baller

Bumping this quality thread

OP here. Here's some other JP edits while you wait. I read through the final script and some of the scenes there were in the different order than the final film, so I did a quick and dirty re-edit of the scene placement. idk if mediafire lets you watch the videos without downloading them, if you do, I apologize

>slight reorder of the nedry and fence shutdown scenes
mediafire.com/file/4cw4k5mzg2f9qx2/JP_original_shutdown.avi

>the scene where grant and kids get to the fence happens before ellie gets to the service shed, and grant reviving Tim happens before Muldoon is killed
mediafire.com/file/q5i4tt7rxu31933/JP_original_fence_sequence.avi

>the kids are being stalked in the kitchen before the scene where Grant finds ellie in the field. this is the oddest one to me and im glad it was changed
mediafire.com/file/8vpj1a627b9gdk4/jp_original_raptors.avi

Malcolm's misfortune?
I would have rather been in his place than the guy on the shitter.

when you gotta go you gotta go

Here you go guys, the 8 short music scenes. Enjoy
youtu.be/w1VV-wa7S1Q

and the playlist with all the videos in it so you dont have to click individual links
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj97d8rNyhFej81v41mr49lPILyOxVMvQ

bump before GOT threads kill it

last bump

I never got this part, wheres the chili?

Great thread OP.

I wish someone would splice this into a bluray rip and upload it.

im working on it friend

I'm confused. How do you know the music was intended for these scenes?

Bump

It followed the track order and naming order. The cue and production numbers line up with the scenes. But if you think they belong somewhere else by all means go for it

>It followed the track order and naming order.

Show me

While i prefer the original this is really good information, keep up the good work.

John williams is the goat

Prime Tier
Harry Potter
Episodes 1-3

Amazing tier
Episodes 4-6
Jurassic Park/The Lost World

Great tier
Indiana Jones
ET
Jaws
Close Encounters