Flaws aside is he saving Cinema?

Flaws aside is he saving Cinema?

> relies heavily on palpable, practical effects rather than CGI
> no liberal propaganda
> no muh diversity
> has told a significant amount of original IPs

I don't think Nolan is perfect by any means, but I like to think that with the release of Dunkirk that you may be right. The problem is that cinema cannot be saved unless more filmmakers adopt similar production protocol, and I doubt that is going to happen. Additionally, if average audience taste stays where it currently is (capeshit, Ayy 80s LMAO, etc), I don't see how many filmmakers could remain financially viable under Nolan's production protocol.

>baby driver makes 120M$ already
nah if they make good movies it will be success

That's fair, and I hope you are right.

>promotes the sterilization of violence
>has terrible sense of composition, use of color, lighting and pacing
>often has massive setpieces of destruction that lack any impact of the audience
>some of the worst dialogue-writing ever put to cinema
>is actually pretentious in interviews regarding the artistic value of his work and other directors
>uses imax and film to sell his movie while having an atrocious, bland aesthetic
>outright says he doesn't like stories centered around humans, but rather events

Darren aronofsky already saved it

Dunkirk was an aesthetic gem. That film had incredible composition and use of Color. Looked like a renaissance painting.

>saving

No he already saved it

He helped destroy it by making people take capeshit seriously

>That film had incredible composition and use of Color. Looked like a renaissance painting

This. Everything said was valid up until recently, but Nolan is learning and improving. Dunkirk was phenomenal.

Well dunkirk better be fucking magnificent
Because Interstellar was an abomination, whereas everything up to Interstellar varied from crap to okay

>saving cinema
>contributed with three capeshit

yeah no

He is Cinéma

No his movies are a fastfood experience. Great the first time, but after it's over you're worse off, you can't rewatch it because it's now shit.

He'll be forgotten after he's dead, and so will all his movies except Memento..

in 20 years the dark knight, interstellar will be considered shit films where he was learning how to become an auteur for his future masterpieces. haters are shook.

Agreed

This. Interstellar was very mediocre. Nolan is still hit or miss.

I haven't seen Dunkirk yet but The Prestige and Interstellar are literally Nolan's only good movies. The Prestige is thoroughly good while Interstellar is hugely flawed but still impressive for its ambition and emotional core.

The only flaw I noticed in Dunkirk was the fake rifles. I was surprised considering his attention to detail.

That's pretty much my general opinion, Memento is one of his more notable films

>for its ambition and emotional core
What ambition?
What emotion?

>> relies heavily on palpable, practical effects rather than CGI
Uh, all of the planes wide shots in dunkirk were CGI. It was painfully obvious.
>> no liberal propaganda
Yeah, we got lukewarm British propaganda instead
>> has told a significant amount of original IPs
Half of his filmography is batman and a 2001:space oddessey rip off

>outright says he doesn't like stories centered around humans, but rather events
Fucking hell this explains Dunkirk entirely.

Genuinely disgusted that I share a board with you plebs.

I'm surprised of how noone has mentioned Inception yet.

The spitfires had actual cams strapped on them, you're full of shit.

I think Sup Forums's contrarian cycle probably means they like it now.

Spiderman trilogy was more influential in that

and people don't take capeshit seriously, the same way people don't take the transformer series seriously or fast and the furious seriously yet everybody watches it

Yeah, the cockpit shots were good, but the wide shots were fake as fuck.

>Interstellar
>good movie

Honestly I only enjoyed it the first time.

>Spiderman trilogy was more influential in that

It didn't do anything out of the ordinary. X-Men was just as good.

TDK influenced Skyfall directly, and if it wasn't for the cape and mask the movie would be about domestic terrorism in the US, which most movies aren't daring enough to tackle.

I stopped watching his movies after being really excited for Interstellar and it turned out to be a huge turd. Most of his movies have aged badly and the only ones worth watching today are Memento or Batman Begins. He has made a fortune off of blowing smoke up the audience's ass.

>TDK influenced Skyfall directly

TDK was just a comic book version of Heat but I will say that Skyfall was a more enjoyable flick than TDK.