Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 10
Darth Vader #24

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Celebration Reel:
youtube.com/watch?v=HUb_zpdyDpU

Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOPHorPkiTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

D-DELETE THIS

wtf I hate kenobi now

Wheneverth for the fat lady on the electric scooter at Wal-Mart.

Ahsoka best waifu!

Rex best clone!

Best part of the whole comic series famalam

Did this actually happen?

sauce on pic or am i just stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=DOPHorPkiTw

It's Wednesday, so that means absolutely nothing of significance.

Nothing except he stream, of course. You should find your way over there.

Firefly comes to an end tonight with the Serenity movie, the stakes are raised once again in Tron: Legacy, and Robot Lions do things with Voltron.

Later tonight is The Animatrix, along with a surprise movie.

Darth Vader #24. Check the previous thread for a link to the storytime

Thanks G

Storytime here

Is the Bubbly Subbly canon?

Right now, user, it's the ONLY thing canon.

It's really kind of awkward.

This isn't the Sup Forums Transformers thread, user.

Alright Sup Forums, am I crazy?

Stream is down, fug

ahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

wat.tambor

Sauce?

Duly sanctified for Anonymous' Protection by the Office of the Imperial Inquisition. Paid for by the Nute Gunray Memorial Hentai Fund and the donations of Imperial Citizens like you.

If the thread is being invaded by TOR this seems as good a time as any to share this abomination.

I was really super bored tonight, okay?

...No, it's not. Still getting the error screen.

You lied to me.

still down for me

what happened to the stream? why am I getting monty python?

Could be much worse when you think about it.

becuase sernity gets played on saturday

no

see

Stream is back up, for anybody who wants in. The Firefly movie Serenity is about to start.

Just finished the comic. Loved it, but the Anakin/Vader fight was a bit underwhelming due to the meh art. But the whole edgy Vader hates himself so much he forces his limbless body up in his dead suit and kills Cylo was fucking fantastic, brilliant payoff to the comic.

Now we only have one more loose end; Aphra.

Vader and Cylo have a complex relationship.

I have the suspicion that Aphra isn't going to tattle on Vader to save herself. I don't think she'd trust anything in the Empire to stop Vader's vengeance on her. I think it's possible she'll instead tell a story of how Tagge made a deal with Cylo and was betrayed himself. In other words same reason why she won't run she'll make her last play to help Vader even if she dies herself, similar to how Thanoth chose to play out his situation.

I mean she has no reason to believe the Emperor is magic, right?

>Now we only have one more loose end; Aphra.
You mean, Cylo-VI?

Not really. That's Vader's unfinished business and reason for hopping in his TIE and leaving, after all.

Will Aphra tell Palpatine about Luke?

Depends, how far are we from ESB?

That seems possible, though the Emperor has no reason to believe the children of Anakin Skywalker died and could still sense it himself. Possibly.

Couple weeks.

I'd say a bit more than that. Like maybe 5 to 6 months at the least.

Does Vader have a definitive timeline?

Also, does anyone else feel Vader's comic kinda goes out of place? I don't hate it at all but some of it feels really weird for Star Wars.

Everything with Cylo and his science fair projects has felt kind of meh. I'm also not a fan of Evil Threepio and Evil Artoo. Well, Evil Artoo's not so bad, Evil Threepio's just terrible.

Not as far as I know. But I do know that it pretty much picks up literally right after ANH. Like Vader directly reports to Sheev after the Death Star just blew up. There's a year's span between ANH and TESB. I know it's rather difficult in this case because they don't exactly specify how much time has gone by and comics aren't a great medium for showing that off unless they're directly telling you. But saying at least 6 months sounds like the best bet. I just don't get the impression that a year's time has gone by in the events of the Vader comic.

Not really. Okay maybe Doctor Cylo and his super cyborg sentai squad but Star Wars has had weird tech before.

Evil droids have existed too. Reminds me a bit of Grievous evil doctor droid in his castle.

The Shu-Torun war was a bit overlong, but okay.

Honestly Vader Down felt like the weirdest moment. Pure Vader wankery with slapstick on the side. I'm a bit more forgiving of Aphra and Han having issues with each other, though, but only because Han is Harrison Ford and Aphra's introduction was her as a Star Wars version of Indiana Jones, complete with having to outrun a rolling droideka "boulder". Like in a weird way they cancel each other out.

>There's a year's span between ANH and TESB
Not quite. The Battle of Hoth was 42 months after the Battle of Yavin, so TESB takes place a 3 1/2 years after ANH.

>Evil Threepio's just terrible.

I've enjoyed the hell out of him. One of the best parts of the Vader comic for me.

IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY, BABY, BABY TIME. IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY, BABY, BABY, TIME. BABY, YOU'RE THE BEST. YOU'RE NOT LIKE ALL THE REST. IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN, WHEN YOU'RE THE CHOSEN ONE. I WILL BE PROUD OF YOU. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. EVEN IF YOU RECEIVE A LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE. IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY TIME. IT'S BABY, Hey, I wasn't finished!

>Evil Threepio's just terrible
He's very hit or miss. Sometimes he's funny, though most of the time it feels like Gillen's trying way too hard.

>so TESB takes place a 3 1/2 years after ANH.

I keep getting the timespans mixed up between ANH, TESB and RoTJ. If that's the case, then it only adds time then. I still think where the Vader comic is ending is less than a year's time from when it began. It certainly didn't span 3 years time, that's for sure.

I thought it was a year, too. 3 1/2 makes sense with all the material they're cramming between ANH and ESB.

Well, I always knew there was a three year gap in there somewhere. I think I was just convinced for the longest time (close to maybe 20 years) that it was between ESB and RoTJ. I knew definitely that the span of the OT was five years, at the least.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep the record straight from now on.

The OT spans 4 years between ANH and RotJ

So 6 months between ESB and RoTJ? Sounds about right

user, my perspective of the universe was just shifted a few posts ago. Can't you let me at least settle before doing it again?

>So 6 months between ESB and RoTJ?

No, a full year.

3 1/2 years between ANH and TESB. 1 year between TESB and ROTJ.

Nope.

So what was the final results of the poll?

Ahsoka: 1 million, Chuchi: 12

I always thought it was a year between ANH and ESB. So happy this is all cleared up now. Felt weird having some books and pretty much all the comics take place in the span of a year following ANH.

>Doctor Cylo and his super cyborg sentai squad
It's just a little weird and the whale spaceships. But it does feel gaps like what the other user was saying how it shows Vader burying his past.

I don't mind the whaleships. Given we know organic space critters exist, and can even be hyperspace capable, I'd be surprised if some culture in the galaxy hadn't learned to engineer them, taming them with cybernetics.

Rogue One trailer when

I mean at what time

This is why these shitty comics, TCW and Rebels are not canon. They fuck up the times lines are aren't in tone/sync with the movies.

What do I google for the stream?

According to Disney they're canon right?

see

Yeah, I feel that way too. Maybe because I didn't like Vader and the crew interacting before ESB in Vader Down.

According to Lucasfilm. That user is just being a faggot

See

"Evening" is the best we've been told

Sorry, it's been cancelled, they decided to reshoot the entire movie and change the title, and also the cast, and the story, and the entire premise.

Coming Summer 2017: THE GLOVE OF VADER: A STAR WARS STORY

The link is here: There is not a single error in the timeline at all so far. Literally none. If you think something is wrong, it's because you have misinfo about the timeline. Seriously, just go to Wookiepedia and fact check. There is 3 years between ANH and ESB, more than enough time for all the comics and books to have happened thus far.

I heard talk about TCW not fitting with the timeframe of the war in the movies too, which is hilarious, because TCW takes place over less time than people even think. TCW basically only shows us like, half of the Clone Wars.

As for tone/sync with the movies, well that's silly considering each of the movies have very different tones. Compare Episode 2 and 4 for example.

>Imperial Commando/501st standalone movie
Fuck you for making me think about something that will never happen

It's not as bad as all that and as far as I know the main Star Wars comic will be continuing as it has been. By this point I think they are 1 year to a year and 1/2 from ANH so they have more stories to fill in.

There's already a movie happening in 2017 and they wouldn't intentionally push back Ep8 a second time, into 2018.

Pretty sure that guy was joking, dude

Is there anyone else who prefers the Dark Hose Vader comics?

Whoosh

How long did TCW last? How much time between AotC and RotS?

3 years

>THE GLOVE OF VADER: A STAR WARS STORY

While we're talking about timeline stuff, how much time between RotJ and TFA?

Three years between the movies.

TCW starts (at least the movie does) when the first year of the war is already at least halfway over. Initially, the idea was that TCW started near the very end of the first year. This is why Anakin's hair is longer, he has already been knighted.

This was originally to make space for all of the EU stuff. Now there's just an awkward gap where we don't actually know how Anakin was knighted, how Greivous or Ventress were introduced, ect. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually.

Then about halfway through the war there's the transition of Clone Armor, and this is represented in a very small time gap in which Ahsoka is slightly taller, with new clothes and a new lightsaber. The time gap was likely only a few months at most. This happens about Season 3 in the show.

The following 2 seasons (and then Season 6-8) were the second half of the war, and would lead directly into Episode 3, with the Battle of Coruscant, along with a climax for Ahsoka and Maul with the Battle of Mandalore, which happened at the same time Obi-Wan was fighting on Utapau.

So if you think about it in these measurements, you can say that each season is approximately 4 months of time at most, followed by tiny time skips. So, with a year passing by Season 3, another year passing by Season 6 (this would be the start of year 3, and was reflected in Anakin's updated hairstyle, as seen in the Utapau story reels), and the final 2 seasons leading into Revenge of the Sith.

Hope this explanation helps in some way

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks! Really wish they would have finished TCW, the last few stories they didn't get to sound interesting af

30 years

Anakin died at 45, holy shit.

>Now there's just an awkward gap where we don't actually know how Anakin was knighted, how Greivous or Ventress were introduced, ect. I'm sure they'll get to it eventually.
I get the sense that 2003 Clone Wars is still pretty much canon but can't be literally canon because of little shit like Grevious' coughing and whatnot. It pretty much explains all this stuff and we know that Lucas was heavily involved in it.

It's nice to know that Jango is still capable of killing things, namely that centipede I found running across my carpet. Glad I didn't open the box yet. I can't help but feel if I'd bought the Grievous figure they had on clearance he would have fucked up and had to abandon ship.

how would aphra know about tagge and cylo working together?

The coughing isn't a problem. So he coughed earlier. That just makes his lungs even more vulnerable to being crushed by Windu.

Reminds me of the problems people had early on when Grievous referred to himself as a droid. People thought Filoni and the staff had no fucking clue about the characters. Made the first season even trickier to talk about here.

She'd be making it up.

If you mean how could she claim to believably know it, how is she even there at all? She can claim she was hired to help but got caught in the crossfire between Tagge and Cylo turning on each other, then she decided her place was defending the Emperor. She could claim she never knew about what they were planning. Given she defended the throne room in the previous episode while the Stormtroopers were unconscious she could make a fair case for clemency in exchange for her actions.

At least to anyone who isn't a secret Sith Lord who will probably kill her just for seeing what he really looks like.

the dark side is a hell of a drug user

but where would she even get the idea to go "hm i have to go tell palpatine about tagge!" from? she works for vader because he pays her and she's a fan but he's never expressed anything to her about needing to off tagge.

Except for Grievous' cough, you can slot TCW neatly between the first and second halves of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars and it fits perfectly. At the time it was made TCW and CW were both canon so Filoni had to take Tartakovsky's series into account.

You get Anakin's time as a padawan in hand-drawn form, then a time skip for the CGI when he's a Knight, then a slight skip for the last two episodes of the Tartakovsky series which leads right up to the very first second of RoTS.

See guys? It turns out Anakin wasn't really rejuvenated into a younger man after all, he was actually legitimately still Hayden. It's just that nearly burning to death really plumps you up.