Calgary veteran who survived Dunkirk moved by Nolan's masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=at5uUvRkxZ0

This is the power of cinema as an art form.

Other urls found in this thread:

owlcation.com/humanities/World-War-2-History-Leo-Major-the-One-Eyed-One-Man-Army
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes I too saw this posted on facebook

Fake, he's not a Calgary veteran, there's never even been a war in Calgary

nice reddit humor

saving private ryan all over again. they did the same shit with d-day vets and got them reacting to the movie. fuck you nolan. now we have to suffer 10 years of ww2 shit again because you.

this post is certified reddit

it must be crazy to have memories of huge battles like that

Do you think he regrets saving the Jews after seeing what his country has become?

Yeah, his black grandson is the power of winning the war lmao

old man talks too slow so american tv makers cut away, I hope they all die of cancer

The fucking irony is so great.

He sounds like salad fingers

will i ever be part of something so significant lads?

i bet that fag with the glasses on his head ruined the film

That old man was an insignificant part of a machine that would've functioned very well without him

You're making more of an impact by typing your shitposts on Sup Forums, honestly

lmao this

BLACKED

Old Adolf could have saved you!

World War III is on the way

drumpf's got your back.

>stack'em arcade machine beeping in the background

Takes me back to my own personal war, the war to win a GameBoy SP. I eventually won it, but at what cost?

Yes, get your AR-15 while you can

nah but being there, experiencing it, all the action and drama, and seeing tens of thousands of men and ships and hundreds of planes flying above you duking it out must've been something else.

There is a Great War coming user. The survivors will have to rebuild. Hope you like working faggot.

Too Easy.

Fucking EPIC made, posting this to r/Sup Forums right now

kys

lol so mad.

There are still WW2 vets alive? The fuck, man. They must all be 100 years old now.

lol cuck

YOU EVER HAD YOUR FUCKING ASS KICKED BY A 40 YEAR OLD YOU MOTHERFUCKER?

confirmed for buttblasted. keep replying, it's really helping your case lmao

suck a dick fag lmao

Must be great to hold his new mixed race grandson and be proud that he had such a successful retreat from battle

You stand against all that was fought for.

Wow....so this is the power.....of winning the war....

Mr Mat literally seething

truly brought a tear to my eye

>Things women will absolutely never understand

I think we might have found him

>canada
>veteran
not even memeing, could a war savant user clarify my doubt?

Canada's shock troops were actually feared and respected in WW1 and WW2

The commercial and banking interests of powerful and influential figures in the countries of the Allies?

You must be like 12 fucking years old to think this.

Action and drama? You would be terrified for your life. Hell, chances are pretty damn high that you would fucking die.

Only someone who has never consciously been in real danger in their lives could say something like this.

That's what America fought for, not so much Britain, the French Resistance, or the USSR.

*teleports behind you*

save it ... Nobody cares about us

>canada is Full of pussys now anyways

>Canada wasnt Founded By a bunch of scared pussys ... but go walk around the streets in a Town .. and thats all you will see

Yes. Truly he is redpilled.

>World War 1 vets died in your life time
>World War 2 vets will die in your life time

It's not fair lads.

I'm glad for this. I love WW2, so any movie is great for me

Leo fuckin' Major:

owlcation.com/humanities/World-War-2-History-Leo-Major-the-One-Eyed-One-Man-Army

This is the reason why whenever I listen to podcasts with like guys like Jocko Willink and shit I always think their frontal cortexes never developed and they are just perma 16 year olds basically

It was a geopolitical game. The poster (unsure whether it was you) pretending it was a war fought for high ideals - egalitarianism? - which we must honour to this day is either a troll or a moron.

>veteran who survived Dunkirk
>across the ocean
>in an office
>getting coffees
Fuck I hate this shit lol dumb fuck probably contributed to his own nation's downfall lmao.

>Stack'em, a Christopher Nolan motion picture

>was on the beach helping men into transports

try again

Junger's books are idiotic, and he wouldn't have ever secured a platform in the first place were he not born rich.

>grandpa spending time with his grandkids
>all Sup Forumseddit sees is "DUDE BLACKED LMAO"
this site is sad

Canadians still thought of fondly in Netherlands.

I don't know the publishing history behind them to know whether your second claim is true. A lot of war memoirs were published, however, and Storm of Steel's popularity rests on its starkness and its beauty, and it likely would've received that regardless. For your first, Martin Heidegger approved of Junger's books, and he seems like he was a pretty clever guy, to be honest. Maybe you're just a bit of an idiot yourself?

Wasn't me. It wasn't a 'geopolitical game', either. I agree it shouldn't be 'honored' or anything, but to suggest it was just a 'game' is naive. Nazi Germany represented a very real existential threat to the Soviets, and had the potential to severely limit Britain's strategic dominance in Europe.

For America, it was closer to a game. But it was a brilliant strategic decision to enter the war, and Roosevelt finessed the system excellently to essentially go around Congress' back by forcing Japan's hand through sanctions.

Hahaha, I haven't heard his shit, but I know his type of veteran (esp. Iraq War veterans, Afghanistan folks don't seem as gung-ho)

Fighting as an American soldier in Iraq is really not comparable to anyone in WW2, Korea, or even Vietnam, really.

T-thanks

on the bright side
>baby boomers will die in your life time

>lying for veteran bucks
try again

Can't wait although I myself will be rather old once that happens

How do you know he's lying? Do you fucking know him?

>some old cunt cries becuase he's off his meds
>le power of le movies BRAVO NOLAN
Who gives a shit about this old cunt anyway.

You're misunderstanding my use of the word game to think I mean flippant, playful, non-serious. I mean game in the competitive sense which you have agreed with - it was a matter of geopoliticking, strategy and dominance. You needn't have bothered posting.

What's with the Boomer hate? Don't the Boomers hate their worthless kids

I mean...The nips attacked the US in China and killed several sailors before the sanctions, sooooo

>You must be like 12 fucking years old to think this.
A lot of the men, from 20 to 80 thought it was a great time and didn't want wars to end.
>Hell, chances are pretty damn high that you would fucking die.
Chances actually greatly favor you surviving.
>Only someone who has never consciously been in real danger in their lives could say something like this.
Only someone who has never consciously been in real danger in their lives could say something like this.

Heidegger wasn't a 'clever guy' by any stretch. He was pretty much a charlatan (I've read Sein und Zeit and several of his papers in translation FWIW). He experienced a lot of success regardless, but so do plenty of other so-called 'intellectuals'. He regularly made far-reaching claims which were absolutely unverifiable/falsifiable, and very vaguely stated. That's enough to constitute charlatanry in my view.

What makes you think he was a clever guy, exactly? The fact that people in continental philosophy and comp lit departments respect him?

boomers came from a time where being successful in the rat race of this country was genuinely much easier than it is today. then they took all the opportunities given to them, used them to rape this country, and expect younger generations to do the same as they did from a much worse starting point.
my parents are boomers. i'll miss them, can't say the same for the rest of their generation.

ur grandpa's a liar. Get madder u emotionally larping faggot.

I really don't understand where you're coming from here. Maybe you're grandfather raped you as a kid? Are there things that need to be discussed here? Maybe we can help you :)

>I've read Sein und Zeit and several of his papers in translation FWIW
No, you haven't. Now you'll post a fucking excerpt from your e-book as "proof." Shut the fuck up loser lmao.

Be honest, were you in WW2?

Every generation hates their children. God help me if I have kids I'll hate them and they'll hate their children and so on and so forth.

r u thick?
dude's lying, told u like three times now

Be honest, were you in WW2?

>chicks love good men
Not even MGTOW but this is rich.

k familia. guess tonight your grandpa uses the good lube for your birthday, amirite?

I asked you first

When I say 'pretty damn high', I mean relative to peacetime, you fool. Also, it depends heavily on what side you're on. The chances definitely didn't 'heavily favor' the survival of Soviet soldiers, or Vietnamese (North or South).

I have been assaulted at knifepoint twice before. I'm 25.

Most men wanted wars to end. Try talking to some fucking veterans if you want to actually learn about war, for God's sake. Seriously, go to a retirement community, or find some Vietnam vets (many of whom are in such communities now) and ask them how much they enjoyed the wars they fought in. Just because they have some good memories from it, or it's given them an ego boost, or taught them important lessons, doesn't mean they wanted to be there in the first place, or enjoyed it at all once they were.

>WW2 movies
>suffering

Boomers are disgusting

if he was 20 in 1940. is he 116?

Wait, is the black kid his gandson, FUCKING KEK! I love seeing white blood lines get eradicated.

I have... You don't need to believe me. Just because you're unable to focus long enough to read something 'challenging' (i.e. vague and needlessly obscure) doesn't mean everyone else is.

>Most men wanted wars to end. Try talking to some fucking veterans if you want to actually learn about war, for God's sake. Seriously, go to a retirement community, or find some Vietnam vets (many of whom are in such communities now) and ask them how much they enjoyed the wars they fought in. Just because they have some good memories from it, or it's given them an ego boost, or taught them important lessons, doesn't mean they wanted to be there in the first place, or enjoyed it at all once they were.

He won't. He'll think they are all lying or making shit up due to "being part of the system". He's already got life figured out

My brother almost won an Ipod Classic from it. He was so fucking close.

"i cant do math" the post

reddit

>Dutch people eat overweight dogs

WTF!

cuck'd again

So this is the power of normie posting? Reeee not bad

What a fucking pleb

there's that alien invasion false flag coming soon senpai

Mr Mat is a big (white) guy.

More or less irrelevant, regarding the sanctions. The number of Americans in China in a military capacity prior to 1941 was pretty much insignificant. The sanctions were clearly intended to dissuade Japan from escalating the Sino-Japanese War in the late 30s.

Good

Best post in the thread. I remember trying this at a mall in Singapore at least 20 times, and then my dad's Thai friend did it on her first try. She won a pink PSP. She offered it to me, but I already had one.