If Dunkirk is Nolan's best answer to Netflix then Netflix has already won

If Dunkirk is Nolan's best answer to Netflix then Netflix has already won.

should I watch Dunkirk or Planet of the Apes?

just saw dunkirk. it was pretty good. too short though

Dunkirk

Dunkirk. It portrays English heroism and overcoming in the face of the most tremendous evil this world has ever known.

Apes, but only if you've seen the previous two.

>of the most tremendous evil this world has ever known
By what measure?

Dunkirk but only if you want to experience a blur of men drowning and plane noises. No significant action and this wouldnt be a problem if there were significant drama which the film lacks aside from one story out of three

Guess I'm a pleb for wanting either action, drama, characters, development, dialogue, choreography, or fucking anything. Dunkirk is like strapping a go-pro on a dunkirk soldiers head which might sound exciting at first until you realize 80% of it is mucking around on a beach and the other 20% is swimming after getting fucked over at sea.

Dunkirk, anyone who says otherwise is a faggot

Your criticisms are fine but really you went into this with the wrong expectations. I had an idea of what I was getting into and enjoyed it tremendously.

>Dunkirk. It portrays English heroism and overcoming in the face of the most tremendous evil this world has ever known.

but they ran away from the nazis

>they ran away
It was a tactical retreat. Still a technical victory by all reasonable standards.

Dunkirk, you can see real life Planet of the Apes any time you want if you visit Chicago or Detroit

Or any European capital.

Name one good Netflix movie

I thought it was about WW2, not mass immigration, communism, and Islam?

What is Netflix's film strategy?

>technical victory
user come on

When did Nolan become such a cunt?

Valerian and Dunkirk

Honestly, my expectations were only slightly skewed. I didn't really go in expecting saving private ryan but the hype surrounding this thing made me enjoy it less in the long run.

I had heard it was a more realistic and less Hollywood depiction of war but jesus there was nothing for me to latch onto. The guy on the ground said 2 sentences and the plane sequences were irritating with how they never led anyone.

Throw money at the wall until it sticks as far as most people can tell. It seems to work so far but I question how sustainable it is.

WW2 was the most destructive war in human history you retard

Casting a diverse group of actors and shove liberal ideals down everyone's throats?

What is your point?

I went in thinking I was going to be shown the feet of combined arms during the evacuation with realistic depictions of what it was like to be miserable and thinking you just let your entire country down. I didn't care about the personal lives of them men in the movie and I didn't expect them to wear their hearts on their sleeves like a normal war movie would have you think, these guys just wanted to get the fuck home and I wanted them to get home.

Throw money at a bunch of projects that would never have a chance with film studios and then giving them a limited release in theaters with a small window between theater and its Netflix premiere.

Nola is under the idea that Netflix owes the theaters something.

Normie please

Survival is victory ; ^ )

>>>/reddit/

Killed 70 million human beings (most of which were white, assuming you're a racist and cares about such things)

Muslims,Catholics and Commies each killed over 3 times that.

Do people actually disagree with him?

Netflix's strategy has literally been "people who like this thing seem to like that thing, too, so what if we combined them? Ah, that should work!" And with regards to their original movies, it's been crap or disappointment almost every time.

Netflix does not understand what makes a movie work. They barely understand what makes TV work, and they really only scrape by due to binging being popular and live TV being a dying medium.

>Catholics
Wrong.

Nazis are in a league of their own with regards to body count / year 1939-1945

>Muslims,Catholics
Literally existed for a thousand years and with billions of followers

>Commies
Almost rivals nazism; also a really bad idea

>I went in thinking I was going to be shown the feet of combined arms during the evacuation with realistic depictions of what it was like to be miserable and thinking you just let your entire country down. I didn't care about the personal lives of them men in the movie and I didn't expect them to wear their hearts on their sleeves like a normal war movie would have you think, these guys just wanted to get the fuck home and I wanted them to get home.

Well that pretty sorts it right out then don't it? Shit film, watch something else.

>hitler
>killing 70 million human beings

wew
the jewry is strong lately

For you, faggot.

Sure, 60 million people died as a result of a war. 70-100 million people dying world-wide from Communism was Communism operating as intended.

WWI had roughly 40 million deaths.

>the jewry is strong lately
This is what passes for "an argument" on Sup Forums

Dunkirk on 70mm was a better experience than anything on Netflix

and no I'm not a Nolan fanboy

War deaths is nazism as intended.

Right now on Sup Forums there's user unironically promoting all out wars of annihilation between Christianity (2.2 billion) and Islam (1.8 billion), and Whites (1.3 billion) and Blacks (1.3 billion).

Germans lost anywhere from 6-8 million soldiers and civilians, unintended. Causalities and expected, but not intended.

That's not even counting Germany's allies, and I'm wondering how many Soviets died when the Molotov-Ribbentrop was still in effect. So many numbers I get confused sometimes! But comparing WWII to the deaths caused by Communism is disingenuous.

>the most tremendous evil the world has ever known
So England?

He's not wrong.

I say that as a Netflix subscriber.

>This is what passes for "an argument" on Sup Forums

This is what passes for "an argument" on Sup Forums

So the same as hollywood?

make movies

>Valerian

Looks like the redditor thinks it can hang with the big boys here.

Hitlers mindset and ideology was that wars of annihilation are unavoidable and good and should be welcomed. He elected freely to invade Russia with the intention that either the slavs would be wiped from the map or else the german people would perish as it had shown itself too weak.

These are not unintended side effects or bugs - they are core features of Nazi ideology.

We were bringing civilization and the Word of God to the uncivilized savages of the Americas

>He elected freely to invade Russia with the intention that either the slavs would be wiped from the map or else the german people would perish as it had shown itself too weak.
And he could have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling allies clinging onto their worldwide empire built through blood.

There are 0 good movies made by Netflix and Hollywood still makes some good movies with Fincher, Nolan, PTA, J.C. Chandor, Villenevue, the Coen Brothers, etc.

>trips confirm nazis can't deal with talking shit and then getting hit

>the most tremendous evil this world has ever known

You mean the British Empire?

Krauts slaughtering limeys is doing the world a favor.

>Muslims,Catholics

Both of which the Nazis were big fans of.

>Come along now le negroes, ve needs you to stop le Nazis from killing you and taking our Empire

What did he mean by this?

>Come along now le negroes, ve needs you to stop le Nazis from killing you and taking our Empire
Why is the anglo talking with a stereotypical german movie accent?

>netflix

do people actually pay for that shit, i havent found a single show that was good. it's all cookie cutter formulaic shit.

>there are people of other races in a global empire
really makes you think

Now that they're focused on making their own (usually) super shit shows and movies I'm thinking about just cancelling. It was good when they focused on getting shows that they weren't making because they suck at it.

>Netflixtards literally pay for 90% shitty shows and movies
>'Hey at least we got _!'
>Isn't even that good.

never go full goyim

>Hitler was bad and therefore 60 million people had to die in a total war
>Don't look at what we own though, it's ours

>it's ours
>gave it up after WWII
>imperialism has been a non factor since before you were born
>this makes Nazism not a shit ideology somehow

If you get overwhelmed by a couple of dudes larping as aryans in tanks and nearly lose 400,000 soldiers if you dont immediately run away thats probably a sign of you're a cuck.

I want to exterminate that roach and fumigate excessively with my cock.

I have Netflix, and what he said was that Dunkirk's being shot in 70mm and shown on a big screen was worth the price of admission and proves that watching on your TV at home, while convenient, isn't as good or at the least doesn't replace real movies. And he's right, say what you will about Dunkirk but it is an excellent movie-going experience, if you see it in a good theater with good sound, it's great.

Not the best movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it blows Netflix shit out of the water in terms of production and cinematic experience when seen in a theater. I really can't praise the sound design enough with this film, it really made the movie for me.

Nazis had a better claim on the land they took than any of France or Britain's conquests though the centuries. Why exactly do you want global wars against German nationalists? Why not Russian nationalists in Ukraine?

Why not declare war on them?

>Britain and France were right to declare war on the Germany because they "gave up" their possessions afterwards

What IS Netflix's film strategy?

Dunkirk now. Just pirate Apes later. Doesn't matter if you watch that on your laptop or whatever.

>Hey you have an idea?
>Heres money
Gimme dat vaporwave netflixkino for 100 sempai

Dunkirk. See it on the big screen, Apes you can just torrent later. It's not worth it.

>Both of which the Nazis were big fans of.
Hitler and Goebbels hated Christianity because they saw it as enabling weakness. They liked Islam because it's a lot more might-makes-right.

>racist jokes
>exclusive to Sup Forums
>on fucking Sup Forums
Redditor, please.

Yes but you see the difference between other boards and Sup Forums is that Sup Forumstards feel they have to constantly bring up this shi: t is a perfect example.

>aren't I smart for bringing up that these European nations are overrun by subhuman apes, I truly am redpilled heheh

Wat if I don't want war with Germany and I also want muh empires?

He then goes on to praise Amazon because they release their movies in theatres.

dunkirk

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman
I hate to break it to you but a huge portion of this site visits Sup Forums. It has been one of the highest traffic boards pretty much since its inception. Every single faggot like you who goes "REE Sup Forums" on Sup Forums, /tg/, Sup Forums, whatever the fuck, you're acting like a majority of that board's normal population doesn't have at least some sort of association with Sup Forums. You are, in fact, the outsider.

Yeah you are.

Sup Forums has been shit ever since Trump got elected, it's split between people who have been on Sup Forums for a while and faggots who came over with r/the_donald and saw all the edgy nigger jokes and decided to stay, and these are the people who feel are leaching over to other boards and derailing movie discussions with Sup Forums shit. I go on Sup Forums on occasion now, but it's for political discussion, and faggots like you and others who feel the need to say "Hurr niggers are so dumb look at all these cucks KEK" are truly a cancer. If I want to discuss politics I'll go to Sup Forums, I don't want to constantly see edgy kids spouting "cuck" and Europe is dying shit in every thread, so FUCK OFF.

Well that's great for you, but shit like that is inherently part of the site, so kys

>r/thedonald retards are an inherent part of Sup Forums
back you go

>you say this
>Deathnote
>Ironfist

literally nothing has changed about the site in the past 3 years

lol

>Low iq socially reliant brainlets can't sympathize with humans who don't recite an entire emotional blog about their lives and motivations.

I do agree the intercut timelines was kind of pointless, I know he did it to make it more hectic but it feels more like an editing cop out.

But to say the movie had no emotional depth or that "there was nothing to latch onto" indicates you have autism or society inflicted nihilism.

If you can't sympathize with desperate dying men running for their lives to protect their homes you are either a

>shitskin who hates whites
>white who hates whites
>narcissitic social media addict
>nihilist materialist
>unironic neo-nazi
>a big guy

Dunkirk was a nationalist ethical breath of fresh air in a sea of soulless products, and neo-marxist diversity propaganda produced by the degeneracy capital of the world.

>>shitskin who hates whites
>>white who hates whites
>>narcissitic social media addict
>>nihilist materialist
>>unironic neo-nazi
>>a big guy

It's more simply that a generation whom has no life experiences or struggle outside of the safe society they've always known makes them incapable of relating in anyway, that will be changing in time though.

Dunkirk. Probably one of the most intense movies I've seen in a long time.

The movie actually will put you on edge, especially if you're smart and see this one in IMAX with that jarring sound design.

>put you on edge
and keep you there desu
The only part where I actually didn't feel on edge through the entire movie was after he shot down the first bomber
actually breathed in relief after that, everything else was tense as fuck

>edgy nigger jokes are exclusive to Sup Forums
>thinks that The_Donald isn't all about LE BASED BLACK MAN XD
lmao