The Good Dinosaur

>Constantly breaks shit around the farm
>Gets his dad fucking killed
>Runs off when his family needs him most
>Shows up weeks later, after his mom had to pick the entire harvest all by herself
>Great job sonny boy! You did it! Go make your mark on the corn silo, you earned it! :^)

Who wrote this garbage?

>have this one useless son who can't do anything right
>fuck he disappeared there's no way in hell he could survive in the wilderness alone
>it's been weeks... no way he's not a pile of bones by now
>holy fuck he actually managed to survive
>guess he's not so incapable after all

Also, his dad got himself killed.
>hey look a huge storm is brewing
>let's go directly toward it and also ignore the exact advice that I gave about not messing around with rivers

I feel like the movie could've been improved significantly if he hadn't been gone as long, and maybe if the t-rexs he became friends with came back and helped him with the harvest

then there would be a better reason for him to leave his mark, cause he would have helped the harvest get picked

>Runs off when his family needs him most
I didn't realize falling into a river counted as running off.

I hate GD, I see merch of it everywhere

Unless it's in your urine I'm sure you can just ignore it

I've never seen the Good Dinosaur and I don't plan on it until it hits Netflix, but I'm completely fascinated by it conceptually.

Not like the plot, fuck that, I'm talking about the fact that this Disney-Pixar movie came out to absolutely zero fanfare and as far as I can tell virtually nobody saw it or talked about it after its release.

What the fuck is this movie? Is it that bad? Why did it just kinda appear and disappear?

It came out not long after Inside Out iirc, so it got overshadowed.

But is it good, or is the overshadowing deserved?

Haven't you heard about prodigal son? Dutiful sons finish last.

It's very much deserved

I liked it. From an objective standpoint though, it's... okay. Gorgeous visuals, but meh story and polarizing character designs.

wait what? farm? corn silo? what kind of dinosaur movie was this?

Dinosaurs never went extinct and learned how to do all that shit. Meanwhile humans are like dogs or wolves.

Apparently no comet = dinosaurs become famers, cattlemen, and other wild west stuff.

Dime store Land Before Time. Fuck this movie.

A bad one.

lol wait people have actually seen this movie?

It's meh. There's nothing terrible about it and it's got great cinematography, but the plot is very generic and the ending is extremely anticlimactic.

Like Brave, it's clear they changed the story very late in the process and it suffered for it.

I heard it was depressing, not as depressing as Zootopia though.

Dogs or wolves that wear little skirts. This movie was deeply stupid. It should have been My Pet T-rex, not Dinosaurs Keep My Retarded Ass as a Pet.

Depends on what you find sadder. I've always been a sucker for father-son shit.

Me too user, I've shed tears during some of the Cotton-Hank focused King of the Hill episodes.

>not taming the whole human family to help them, like pre historic men tamed wolves
Why?

Ya, I watched this on netflix a few weeks ago.

As someone who loves dinosaurs, the movie sucked. It was just a super generic plot about a kid's dad who dies and then he finds a dog who he bonds with.