Let's have a good ol' fashioned Pilot Thread. What pilot episodes did you like...

Let's have a good ol' fashioned Pilot Thread. What pilot episodes did you like. What new series are you looking forward to. What pilots are you mad about not getting the greenlight

Pic related: Eddie and the Realms Eternal. To good for this sinfull world.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/143631654
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forever 12 should've gotten Greenlit

Do failed pilots count?

Wait, was that officially rejected? I don't recall hearing anything one way or the other about it.

I liked Magic Children Doing Things; was funny and I liked the characters we got to see.
I'm still pissed that "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" got picked up but "Eddie and the Realms Eternal" didn't.

So we'll never find out how that witch turned into the queen bee of the main kid's school?

So what's going to happen with Eddie of the Realms? I doubt it's the last we hear from it, right?

The animation in that pilot episode was awesome. And the fast pace issues were mainly due to it being a pilot episode.

We're in desperate need of more action/adventure cartoons that look great.

My guess is that since Eddie's grandpa was the human hero and Hopi's grandpa was the elf mage/champ, then I'm guessing who they think is the returned witch is actually her grandkid.

I suppose it's still possible that Netflix can pick it up if they want. I'm not sure what sort of contracts/restrictions are included in the Amazon Pilot Season. But I doubt any of the major networks would want it, since I'm sure it's pretty high budget animation compared to their typical shows.

I heard that Amazon sometimes picks up past failed pilots. Maybe that can happen in the future.

Hearing that it didn't get picked up really made me disappointed. Like genuine disappointment.

so, you guys watch any of the new Amazon cartoon pilots yet? Personally I'm rooting for Toasty Tales. Marshmallow girl is a CUTE.

Constant Payne

I didn't know they had new ones. I guess I'll have to watch a few now.

I dont know if it's old fashion and it's maybe sjw-pandering shit
But im sure the ass was too good for this miserable world

>dat little hanging seal

that made me super happy when I saw it.

Also, which ones in that bunch got picked up then? I was banking on Everstar but I've not heard much since.

Carmen Got Expelled!

The fanart/toxic fandom potential was off the charts.

Wait so what did Amazon pick over this?
Because I don't see how Amazon could have picked any of the other animation choices over this.

They picked pilots that got a lot of positive reviews/interest. I filled out a positive review, but some of the other pilots had a lot more reviews than EotRE. It seemed like most of the reviews were from parents who watched the pilots with their kids.

I heard they picked up Everstar and Give a Mouse a Cookie, which is a shame. Everstar looked interesting at first glance, and I wanted to like it. But it was just so mediocre.

Magic Children looks like it's going to be fun. I seriously hope it gets greenlit.

Anyone know anything about Urbance?
I'm down for another black culture ultra ninja bassdrop cartoon that looks like a conglomeration of the boondocks/major lazer/samurai champloo/jet set radio.
I'm just not feeling the voice acting, I've seen vento aureo dubs that did it better.

Here's the link for anyone interested.
vimeo.com/143631654

Saw Toasty Tales yesterday. Not too bad.

I loved the animation and artwork, and Kath Soucie is great as usual, but other than that there wasn't much for me. It's the only one of the recent pilots I saw though, so I may have to give the others a shot.

Nothing has topped Niko yet.

Niko actually getting a full-series approval fills me with hope about the others. It didn't win the contest it was on, yet the next year, it was upgraded to full series completely out of the blue.

There's hope for Eddie, Everstar, and others yet.

Yeah, Toasty Tales really seems like it's just an average cartoon. It feels a bit reminiscent of early Spongebob. both in writing, and artistic style. but all of the other Amazon pilots this season are meh-tier to shit-tier. Only other possibly decent pilot is Little Big Awesome, which is like Adventure Time, written for a much younger audience, Gumball type mixed media style, and a healthy sprinkling of LOLSORANDUMB. I do give it credit tho for the Brenden Small song.

I do hope Amazon gets some good animated shows in the near future. Maybe they'll soon get some decent adult cartoons like Netflix has.

Probably not going to happen. Biggest problem with Amazon's greenlighting process is that they rely heavily on viewer ratings and feedback by the stupid ass general audiences, where as most other networks just have a hand full of execs judging shit of the perceived popularity/budget ratio. I mean, these retarded ass viewers chose a shitshow like Everstar over Eddie and the Realms Eternal, despite the fact that the studio behind Eddie had several award winning movies to it's name, and Everstar was objectively mediocre at best, by every measure.

They still manage to greenlight some FUCKING AMAZING adult series, but the decision process for their cartoons will probably always be dominated by the suburbanite soccer mom type, who just want something bland and insignificant. Because kids don't care enough to vote, and parents of older kids don't care enough to vote either.

I have honestly never even heard of this Niko thing until this thread, and everything about it looks cheap as fuck... But it still gooks pretty good, despite the cheapness; and the implied plot/ action-adventure elements kinda make it seem great. I hope that the quality of the final series is elevated simply because it has some actual funding.