Is it true Mexicans hated the movie Apocalypto and found it racist?

Is it true Mexicans hated the movie Apocalypto and found it racist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlCGDAbC-pA
youtube.com/watch?v=aG8WqEyXIyc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that you, leaf?

Only ignorant and insecure people think Mayans weren't violent. Mayans WERE violent, but were also one of the most advanced people of the Americas. Until the e*Ro arrived....KARA BÔGA WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE.

>Ask Mexico a question
>Chincanos respond

Because we represent our country here. I have mexican and irish heritage.

Chinkcanos are arguably the strongest race

get out spics

Ahahaha

Good for you but don't be as low as the Americans, whipping out their 56% british and 12% Cherokee out of their fucking asses, it's disgusting...

Pic related is this guy

fuck off, i am more american than you

i am very light skinned because my irish heritage is on my father's side

Why in the everlasting fuck would you want the disgusting title of """"american"""" my INDIGENOUS brother? We go only by our tribe names. I am Sioux indian, what is yours? :)

navajo

Based

It's a bit more nuanced than that, but it certainly was characterized in such a way by the Maya themselves in Yucatán and there's plenty of stuff to nitpick in the movie in terms of inaccuracies, eg collapse era Mayas at the time of European arrival or that they were surprised by an eclipse which they should have been perfectly capable of predicting, etc. I personally really like the costumes and sets and know a few of the people involved in that and that, a few liberties aside, they did mostly accurate, well researched work, there's a lot of very valuable things about the movie. But yeah it isn't precissely flattering.

To contrast this is a trailer for a Maya indy film dealing with the subject of human sacrifice.
youtube.com/watch?v=KlCGDAbC-pA

And this is the scene from Apocalypto
youtube.com/watch?v=aG8WqEyXIyc

>ask for mexicans
>only usaians answer

Pathetic thread

>ask for mexicans
>only usaians answer

so it wasn't well received but it wasn't as offensive as English speaking critics made it out to be?

I really liked it. Amazing cinematography, story. Good movie.

Most Mexicans were probably more curious than offended but like I said the Mayans themselves did hate it and perceived it as racist. In all fairness it isn't exactly doing for Mexicans the same as Bravehart for Scots.

In all fairness Scots don't do human sacrifices or put bones in their nose

what was wrong with the depiction of mayans?

I'm watching it right now they are depicted as fucking barbarians, of course they are "offended"

Let's be honest it is accurate though, after telling the truth about jews Mel Gibson tells the truth about brown people in this movie

>that they were surprised by an eclipse which they should have been perfectly capable of predicting
what? it was clearly established that the rulers predicted the eclipse. the common people don't though.