Another Episode

>Another Episode
>Still no Stannis

He's really fucking gone, isn't he?

How did they fuck up so bad by letting the only non moustache twirling "evil white male" with a legit claim to the throne, fucking die

B&D didn't like him

Fuck white males, is why

did you even read the leaks? the season ends with stannis riding a dragon and killing dany

>the season ends with stannis riding a dragon and killing dany

lol

stannis became irredeemable after he killed his family. who would support a demon king? there was nowhere for that arc to go besides death

>stannis became irredeemable after the showrunners changed his character arc because they didn't like a strong male figure

D&D literally didn't understand his character

renly had it coming and shireen was pretty crispy already so no biggie

all D&D did was accelerate the fuck out of his character arc. if the next book ever fucking comes out, the same damn thing will happen. He'll lose all his shit in the snow and wind up fucking himself over by burning his daughter in a desperate act.

and yes, to this end, they also cut a lot of great scenes of him when he truly was the mannis. all to wrap up his arc more quickly

there is absolutely zero chance stannis knowingly sets his daughter to the torch in the books. feel free to screencap this and make me eat shit if he does.

Did Melisandre actually see him winning this fuckfest of a show? Was she just hypnotizing him with the flames?

wtf

in a perfect universe

Very women centric episode

not necessarily true. the show has a lot less time to explore characters than the books do as it approaches the final season. as a result, some characters need to be prematurely killed to save time

Well they didn't have to center the show around him, but they did a massive disservice to a character who shows up at a critical time and place to save both the plot and a major lead.

All this bitching about injustice but none of you give a shit about Barristan fucking Selmy.

he was never as important as stannis and desu in the series he has no personality other than le old master sword guy

*season

I like how the show depicts the equivalent of medieval political staffers scurrying to new leaders after their old one gets deposed. Reminds me of like Veep or something

that was bullshit too and i've been whining for a while about it senpai

they wanted tyrion to replace him fucking pathetic

i loved stannis as a character and i didnt see anything wrong with his demise. a classic tragedy, he starts off seeming like hed be a good king but seeking power he falls further and further into darkness until he passes the point of no return, at which point he realizes hes fucked everything up and effectively kills himself. stannis wanted to die, we know this because of his demeanor and the fact that he sends davos away knowing the rest of his men will be killed or imprisoned.

>tortures his own child to death
>his wife necks herself
>still no hope of winning

shit, id kill myself too

This tbqhsempaifamalam.

No you stupid Mongoloid. tWoW will start with him dying heroically against Ramsey. Jon gets murdered. Fire bitch toasts to revive Stannis but actually spawns Jon.
(((They))) clearly didn't want a strong white male figure is it?

i dont read the books

>"the showrunners hate strong white males and favor women!"

explain eurons killstreak then cunt

Euron is a setup to be a final baddie in the show you stupid fuck. The Queen is going to die by the only hand of Jamie when he finds out that Cersei is going to pull a mad king bullshit once King's Landing is breached by Danny and Jon forces.

I know it wasn't victarion killing people with an axe but I was pretty satisfied that they added a good ol greyjoy ship battle. I'm rooting for Enron now, I just wish they gave him his stained lips from drinking lean.

>I'm rooting for Enron now
Fuck me man, I own a good deal of their stock, I'm rooting for them too

>he starts off seeming like hed be a good king but seeking power
See right there you're off the rails on his character arc. Stannis didn't want power, it was his duty to pursue the power which rightfully fell upon him, or see the realm be ruined by the continuing aspirations of pretenders who rose out of the chaos his initial lack of control caused; this, when there appeared during his fight a more ominous threat from beyond the wall, which he promptly went to address, though the force he then had under him were secured through funding from the iron bank, acquired on the premise that his was a fight for the iron throne and 'power.' His sense of responsibility was all the while being given the air of providence and prophesy by Melisandre, whose mystical powers he didn't have cause to question, even if he didn't fully understand what it all meant (which puts him in the same category as the Beric/Thoros/Clegane group).

Stannis isn't following the route of a classical tragedy, he's at the sway of forces beyond his control.

how does him being a bad guy take away from his power even if hes ultimately defeated? what is jon snow if not a strong white male goodguy?

how can you argue that stannis didnt know he was fucking with some straight evil magic after renly dies? how can you say he has more of a claim to the throne than the targaryans if his claim only begins with robert?

Euron should have been introduced season 3 at the very least
who is going to be betrayed by little dick
WTF this critically bad writing. Littlefinger should have told Jon the truth, not been uncle creepy. Awful bad writing.

>how can you argue that stannis didnt know he was fucking with some straight evil magic after renly dies?
Stannis surely knew Renly's death wasn't exactly clean, just as he also knows his troops will likely rape some of the women of King's Landing when he enters the city. But this last speaks to something of how his character is later treated, upon feedback from the viewing audience; the Lannisters portray Stannis approach as a grave threat to the populace, and Cersei implies they're all going to be ravaged by the "bad man's" approaching army. Yet from what we know of Stannis' actual character, any caught by him acting thus would've met with severe punishment, as he'd treated with Davos; use of the instrument that furthers the greater good, but justice meted out all the same.

Ultimately, Stannis' army never entered King's Landing, and Stannis' reputation as a bad guy never had the opportunity to be redeemed from what essentially was Lannister promulgated character assassination and anti-Baratheon propaganda.

>how can you say he has more of a claim to the throne than the targaryans if his claim only begins with robert?
The history of Westros goes back thousands of years, Targaryans only being rulers for about three hundred of them. By all appearances to those in-universe, their claim is not the end all be all, and ceased with the overthrow of a lineage known for madness. He has no reason to doubt the legitimacy of his own claim as opposed to the former rulers from across the sea.