I like Steven Universe but let's be honest if superior action and adventures shows like Green Lantern, Young Justice...

I like Steven Universe but let's be honest if superior action and adventures shows like Green Lantern, Young Justice, Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats weren't cancelled it wouldn't have been as successful. In fact it seems a bit supiscious that those shows got cancelled so quickly despite their success yet Steven Universe almost seems protected from the very same issues that got those shows cancelled.

>it wouldn't have been as successful
why not?

cool bait

There's no excitement value, whatsoever.

Like a lot of new content coming out, just sitting through and watching these episodes from season one is a struggle. The first season makes the rest seem not worth watching(gotham, anyone?) and unless you're a young, prepubescent guy or female, I doubt you'd like this. It follows more of this bullshit ideal that's been trying to get passed of, "if he doesn't become a walking bank, dont look at him" for the last 6 years, and it's sickening.
I get it, the estrogen venom being spit back, because they feel like we treated them like they were only good for sex. Doesn't make any sense, though. Sex isn't supposed to be as hard to get as a fortune. What's going to inspire and motivate someone to keep going? A whole gender, teasing? Fuck out of here.

The easiest way to look at this is the cost of licensing. Since SU is an original property, if CN does a good job of making it popular, they get 100% of the revenue, down to merch sales. If a DC show doesn't find an audience quickly, CN is losing a lot of licensing fees, not to mention having to invest in merch for a show that might not be doing well with a merch buying audience.

>Sym-Bionic Titan

Green Lantern and Young Justice are both meh shows, loves dull, characters are the same as they ever were, I don't particularly like DC's art style and desu even if the shows did air for as long as steven they wouldn't have been as popular,, just another run of the mill action/superhero show. Steven is a weird show, the beginning was awfully slow but that will inevitably pay off when the conclusion of it all airs, it's probably the best coming of age story out there

What a load of incoherent nonsense. Holy shit dude.

>the very same issues that got those shows cancelled
Have you considered the possibility that SU is cheaper to animate?

I think Sym-Bionic Titan just wasn't very popular in general

>image.png

Every time.

>Superior actions shows
>Thundercats

SU isn't an action show, anyway.

>young, prepubescent guy or female, I doubt you'd like this

Isn't that who it's for?

>the best coming of age story out there

Not even the best animated one being currently aired.

>I watch Steven Universe as an action show
That's like saying you watch True Detective for its gun fights. Also why bring up Thundercats in that list?

I thought SBT got tanked because of some office politics type bullshit where someone had a bone to pick with Genddy.

The official story either way though was:
>According to a “Cartoon Networker” who spoke to the TAG Blog:

>“Genddy’s moved on to Sony Pictures Animation. Titan got competitive ratings with other action shows, but what shut it down was it didn’t have enough toys connected to it. If you don’t have the [toy sales], the studios don’t want to renew for another season.”

Behold, Sucrose! Master of the animation long con!

GL, SBT, YJ and TC all fell by the wayside cause they couldn't game the network. Sugar's got manipulation tactics and skullduggeris machinations you couldn't even begin to conceive of.

two of the shows you listed were put at time slots where most kids don't watch cartoons anymore. the whole DC saturday thing was a bit of a failure. i get where you're coming from, though, bait or not.
>everything I disagree with has to be bait

Sup Forums pls go

If only Sugar really looked like that.

It's protected because SU is made within CN studios, the others aren't
They were centuries better tho, but business is business and it is their channel so they obviously give special treatment to their own content

ya know, other people will see this as bait or Sup Forumsshit, but I actually see where you're coming from here. imagine if all the gems were gender reversed, and rather than being voiced by female VAs and having female personalites they were male. do people think the show would work as well if that was the case? would the whole fusing thing really work as well if it was implied the gems were homosexuals as opposed to lesbians? just curious. makes you think.

Why wouldn't it? It's a cute and fun adventure show and it's not like you can only watch one show, especially for kids who don't have a lot to eat up their time. Also what is Sup Forums's deal with this show, it seems it's only obsessive types who love it or people who are way too into hating it

It's fine when robot guys do it.

I don't speak for everyone here who's hating on it, but I used to be a fan up until around the time Peridot joined the main cast and was stopped being an antagonist. Personally, I have a few criticism with the show itself, but the main reason I stopped watching was because I didn't feel it lived up to it's own hype. Before numerous hiatuses the writers would set up various plot points for later on, like Peridot coming to do something bad, but later on finding out she;s just working for Jasper, who was in one episode before being put on the back burner with the blue chick who I always forget her name.

The show seems to hint as big things, then throws the fans a bone every now and then which also sets up other stuff, then goes on another hiatus or another stretch of filler episodes with songs and drama shit. Basically what I'm saying is, the show has a TON of potential, but for whatever reason it relies on teasing it's potential rather than going through with it fully. And whenever I explain that to SU fans, they give the show excuses such as, "well if they did everything now there wouldn't be a show". I don't really understand that, though. How do you know? Are you friends with Rebecca Sugar? How do you know the show's end game and how much left they have up their sleeve if hypothetically they did spew their load early? I want to see homeworld, I want to see Rose's past, I want to see etc. etc. etc. I DON'T want to be constantly thrown a bone and teased and given unnecessary sub plots that attribute to nothing other than board memes and fap material.

It's similar to MLP in the sense that the fandom feeds off of fan created materiel moreso than actual substantive material coming directly from the show. The fan art and fan fics are better than the actual show. That doesn't make the show look good. I can't say the same for shows like Green Lantern TAS because the fans DESPERATELY want a third season, because the first two were so perfect.

sorry for the typos and punctuation errors, I'm feeling lazy today.

So wait, does this mean the show is a genderfliped retelling of Transformers G1?

not the same thing. they're robots combining, not gem aliens things... fusing their bodies and live energies, or whatever

>Thundercats

Dude I don't think people watch SU for the action.
They watch it for cute gem shenanigans

I actually feel the opposite, specially with the more recent episodes, since bit by bit they are preparing steven to either
a)shatter a gem by himself
b)watch one of his friends be shattered

The thing about the potential is, unlike other action shows, shits get set up in time, like how in the lapis flashback you can see bismouth poofing her, all the murals that show the rebellion before they explained what the rebellion was, the whole garnet is a fusion, how every single episode with connie and steven dealth with fusion and/or sword fighting that culminated in Stevonnie fighting with shield and sword.

I'm really excited for SU because it's clear that they know exactly how the story will go and how will it end.

Will it be a dissapointment? who knows, maybe, or maybe they will pull something great and leave us with a great ending.

> But it's a kid's show for 2-5 year olds.

Yeah, living robots with sparks all synchronized to form a single being with one mind for a short period of time. Even the transformation sequence is like a choreographed dance,

You're watching a robot orgy!

This. I didn't even know the show existed until after it was already cancelled.

>It follows more of this bullshit ideal that's been trying to get passed of, "if he doesn't become a walking bank, dont look at him" for the last 6 years, and it's sickening.

Holy shit, what the fuck are you talking about?

SU isn't an action show. It's like if you watched Schindler's List and complained that it isn't funny.

What?
sage, take it to the general, retard

>Thundercats
The show everyone said went to shit after the first episode?

Yeah,if we lived in some alternate reality were it wasn't trash, maybe you'd have a point.
>It follows more of this bullshit ideal that's been trying to get passed of, "if he doesn't become a walking bank, dont look at him" for the last 6 years, and it's sickening.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>I get it, the estrogen venom being spit back, because they feel like we treated them like they were only good for sex. Doesn't make any sense, though. Sex isn't supposed to be as hard to get as a fortune. What's going to inspire and motivate someone to keep going? A whole gender, teasing? Fuck out of here.
You didn't even watch the fucking show