Why doesn't Adult Swim seriously get rid of the random King of the Hill episode that airs at 5:30 AM on Sundays and...

Why doesn't Adult Swim seriously get rid of the random King of the Hill episode that airs at 5:30 AM on Sundays and give that slot to Home Movies. It doesn't even make sense that they repeat the 8 o clock episode at 5:00 AM and then show another non-repeat episode after.

Other urls found in this thread:

vaughnlive.tv/planetplank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Of course, the problem is that adult swim doesn't care about their schedule being good or appealing to fans anymore. They're lazy. All they care about is that McFarlane shows end up in the prime viewing slots so that they can get high enough ratings to satisfy Turner executives' high demands for success and subsequently, the advertisers who pay Turner large sums of money to air commercials with promise of the product reaching the eyes and ears of millions of 18 - 34 men (the prime demographic) .

>Why doesn't Adult Swim seriously get rid of the random King of the Hill episode that airs at 5:30 AM on Sundays and give that slot to Home Movies.
nigga Home Movies is ratings repellent

retards can't appreciate it and it hasn't been new in like 12 years

>nigga Home Movies is ratings repellent
Well obviously, if you're going to air it at 9 PM on Saturday against everything else on tv and in the usual Fox/McFarlane rerun spot (and with a casual audience of FOX/McFarlane show fans), obviously it isn't going to translate well to those viewers and won't flourish in the ratings, which is why when Adult Swim tried that it's ratings ranged from 890k to 430k viewers in that slot, which was about on par with the lower end of what King of the Hill had usually brought in in that same spot (anywhere from 1.2 million to 600k viewers, depending on the night).

But obviously, things are not the same when post-midnight Adult Swim is concerned. The FOX rerun audience leaves and the late nightinsomniac/stoner/hardcore Adult Swim audience takes their place. There's really no real reason why Home Movies shouldn't be aired at 5:30 in the morning when hardly anyone is watching anyway.

If the oldest AS shows like Harvey Birdman and Sealab 2021 and other older, much less popular and viewer friendly, and sometimes overwhelmingly bizarre, inaccessible, and irritating shows like 12 Oz. Mouse, Assy McGee, Xavier Renegade Angel, and Minoriteam are allowed to ocassionally re-air in those early morning slots, why not Home Movies?

Do they even have the license to run home movies? I figured it expried plus aren't there only two seasons of it?

There are 4. And I figure Adult Swim still have the rights to it since they not only bought the rights to the original 5 UPN episodes in 2000, but of course produced and aired the rest of series. It also showed up on one of their daily marathon streams a few months ago.

Huh. Maybe there's no particular reason for it. They just haven't.

Because KotH is good

Why they don't drop the cleveland show is the real question

Here is a question: Why don't they stop being the McFarlane reruns network?

I remember when [as] wasn't fucking reliant on a single abortion of a man to shit out CONTENT.

It's ridiculous that a network as varied as [as] has over 1/2 it's block dedicated to this type of content, and the worst part is: It's not all in it's own continuous hours of showing.

First, we get the "lol kids are still up, so we'll just wall them with this", then we get a few hours of [as] content until [as] fills a programming pot-hole with [mf] shows, only to jump back their own programming.

If I wanted to watch [mf], I'd just go buy all the fucker's DVD box sets.

Money

Home Movies is an unfunny shit show. At least KotH brought us memes.

Adult Swim is Dying, with Lazzo and McFarlane actively killing it.

Or why the fuck do they not just get new goddamn content? Like fuck was Rick and Morty the only show to ever come out of AS in the past decade that was any good?

"Because fuck you."-Lazzo

Because McFarlane shows are familiar to tv viewers of all ages (but specifically very popular in the under-35 target demographic) and formulaic and simple enough that even the dumbest people out of the audience for low-brow, mass appealing, and mindless entertainment (ie. most tv viewers) will derive some kind of base enjoyment out of it.

Essentially, they guarantee consistently high, risk-free ratings which appeases Turner executives that Adult Swim is as profitable as possible and keeps the advertiser revenue flowing.

Then we shall use Meme Magic to stop them.

I liked China, IL

There's Mike Tyson Mysteries

Too bad it's been canceled friendo.

Right after I posted I did remember China. China was good, too bad his new show is shit.

>Or why the fuck do they not just get new goddamn content? Like fuck was Rick and Morty the only show to ever come out of AS in the past decade that was any good?

No. What is Metalocalypse, Frisky Dingo, Xavier: Renegade Angel, Superjail, China IL, Check it Out, Children's Hospital, The Eric Andre Show, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Off the Air, etc.? Also, Squidbillies, 12 Oz Mouse, The Boondocks, Moral Orel, and Lucy Daughter of the Devil are 11 years old technically, but also very good.

ignoring the live action shows 1 because this is Sup Forums and 2 because adult swim has never produced a live action show that was even watchable.
Only thing listed that's actually good is China IL and Boondocks (but again, it's old), and Mike Tyson/Frisky Dingo are watchable at best.
>Squidbillies
kek no.

>using ancient and forbidden magic just to get your tv show on the air
YOU FOOL! YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE FORCES YOU ARE TOYING WITH

Goddamm what's with all these threads trying to bait people by shit talking Home Movies?

because it worked in the toonami generals

there's this user who keeps bringing it up over there and if it gets a high amount of (you)s then he'll make a thread about it
But people are starting to notice that bringing up Home Movies like bringing up SU out of nowhere is bait, so he's making vienly hidden home movie bait threads now

This, and also underage posters who grew up on cartoons from the past decade and can't "into" the show because of the dry humor, heavy leaning on dialogue, retroscripting, and squigglevision in season 1. In an era, where the preferred method of television consumption is bingewatching, I have a feeling a lot of these younger posters only watched the first episode and then decided "It's shit".

Ah I see. Honestly it took me a few episodes to get into it when I first watched it back when I was 12. It's one of my all time favorites. A little hard to judge objectively now though, as I've the whole show like 2 or 3 times.

>SU
Steven Universe is not bait.

Lazzo here just to remind you that Brendan's garbage will never air on this network until he makes a bumper looking into the camera admitting that Tim Heideckier is a better human being. You had your chance Brendan and you fucked it up you play by Mikes rules you'd be nothing without me or my friends at Fox you pest you shit stain on old briefs.

Mike Lazzo the kind of nigga that would go on a shooting rampage to keep Mr. Pickles on the air.

>Lazzo being butthurt about the small to modest profits from the metalocalypse music
>Lazzo decides anything that touches [as] belongs to him and him alone

Home Movies and Tim And Eric's Awesome Show are the two things I've watched to a point where I can recall every episode and it's jokes by memory. What does that say about me?

you have preferences that are different from others?
Also they're shit

you have shit taste

>Tim and Eric
Kill yourself.

They've got the streams on their site, which includes FishCenter Live.

>Lazzo asks Stamatopoulos to make Moral Orel as dark as possible
>Stamatopoulos complies
>Lazzo cancels the show for making it too dark
R E T I R E
L A Z Z O

We really need someone who can make [as] as good as it used to be.
The only thing it has going for it any more is the comfy bumps and those aren't even as good as they were 11 years ago.

>We need to fire the guy in charge of Adult Swim and make it less profitable
Yeah that'll definitely happen

t.lazzo

Oh well, [AS] failed, and reached their peak. Now they reached a comfortable high without sacrificing anything to get more viewers. As long as they shit out a golden egg every few years like rick and morty, they consider it a win while riding on seth garbage.

I still miss when toonami ran from midnight to 6AM and you got to like 3AM and it was just comfy reruns through the rest of the night. But my goy, that was slots wasted that could have been used for more seth reruns and more shekels.

Money > fun programming/taking risks

Also relying on one person to make so much content for you is a shit idea anyways. Tim is a faggot and really needs to fuck off from [AS] and wipe the lazzo jizz from his chin already.

You fuckers don't know. Lazzo's favorite word to describe something he loves is "Dark"

He sees something that only someone as insane as he likes he will inevitably say "Oh that's soooo DAAAAhhhhhhk!" With that creepy, I'm barely holding back the school shooter inside me, little grin of his.

....creepy as fuck...

Because KotH > Home Movies

What if he shoots up his retirement community?

I'm streaming some Sealab 2021 and Brak Show if anyone wants to watch with me at
vaughnlive.tv/planetplank

cool