The Barefoot Bandits

Anyone else seen this one? New-ish New Zealand cartoon with 10 episodes to its name so far.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d64kg5sKKmM

I made it halfway through the first episode and have up. It's a Gravity Falls wannabe without any effort or talent. They didn't explain what a barefoot bandit was. The girl was apparently going to become one later that episode, but the animators kept switching between drawing her barefoot or with shoes on. Lots of pointless screaming. It really sucked.

I've seen it. It's a lighter Gravity Falls but created by a foot fetishist from New Zealand.

It's not bad. The red head is my favorite of the three.

They didnt explain what a "barefoot bandit" is? I kind of thought it went without saying. That's just the name of their little club and they don't wear shoes.
They solve little mysteries and stuff. I thought it was even more of a kiddie show when I first looked at it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the similarities are there but I cant just compare this to Gravity Falls. The tone, some of the humor and character dynamics of the main three remind me of more of Mucha Lucha, even though the show has nothing to do with wrestling.

Its a cute show anyway. I marathoned the episodes late at night so I wasn't reading into everything too much.

>Show about Bandits
>they are just barefoot kids
>not these bandits

The red head might be a bandit. He keeps a lot of food in his backpack.

I would usually think walking around barefoot in placed like Austrarialia or New Zealand would be a bad idea

Or an island on the "bottom of the world". They were shown to live fairly close to Antarctica in one episode. They all wear shorts too.

>Reilly literally reminds of this nerdy girl I know who hates wearing shoes and always had even we when we were kids she would take off my shoes and socks so we could be on equal terms

Fucking New Zealand stick to Bionicles

Riley reminds me of Mina from Jelly Jamm.

Any nudity?

Nope. The mayor is seen bathing in a hot tub in one episode, but he wears underwear while he's in it.

Episode 2 has them running around an iceberg with no shoes on, and they suffer no ill effects. Maybe being barefoot all the time has really toughened them up.

Shit, I wanted to see a naked kid.

Admittedly the first episode wasn't the best. The animation errors bugged me too. But I felt it got better as it went along.

I felt the best episodes were #5 (Ghost Dinghy), #6 (Invasion of the Budgie Smugglers), and #8 (Glow Your Own Way).

>>
The girl has the ugliest nose imaginable

it looks almost obscene in a bad way

yfw you finally have a foot fetish show.

>I would usually think walking around barefoot in placed like Austrarialia or New Zealand would be a bad idea
It's really common for kids to walk around barefoot in New Zealand in summer. Why would it be a bad idea?

I'm guessing NZ doesn't have hookworms or some other common parasites. That's why Hawaiian kids can go to school barefoot. We on the continents can't do that.

everything kills you in oceania
that said, shoes won't protect you

No, I don't think so. I've never heard of anyone getting hookworms from walking around barefoot, anyway. You only really have to worry about broken glass and burning your feet on the hot footpath.

>everything kills you in oceania
Ahaha holy shit no. New Zealand is like, the exact opposite of Australia in this regard. I'd wager we have among the least dangerous wildlife in the world. No snakes, no scorpions, no dangerous plants, barely any large wild mammals. We have like one species of spider that can actually harm you and it's incredibly reclusive and so endangered it's literally a crime to kill one.