The CW‘s presentation at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour is currently underway...

>The CW‘s presentation at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour is currently underway, and one early bit of news from the session: DC Comics character The Ray will receive his own animated series on CW Seed entitled Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_q1SdaWLlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh shit nice!
Is it CWverse?
The Ray needs to get reintroduced in comics. Maybe this is what pulled Priest in?

>CW Seed, the digital channel of The CW Network, will debut a new animated series in 2017, FREEDOM FIGHTERS: THE RAY, based on the characters from DC and produced by Warner Bros.’ digital studio Blue Ribbon Content.

>In DC’s Multiversity series, writer Grant Morrison updated the Freedom Fighters to better reflect American demographics. Inspired by Morrison’s new take on the character, the series FREEDOM FIGHTERS: THE RAYwill introduce the first gay Super Hero to lead a show.

>Based on the characters from DC, FREEDOM FIGHTERS: THE RAY is from Berlanti Productions in association with Blue Ribbon Content, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Supergirl,” “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Marc Guggenheim (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”).

>Inspired by Morrison’s
HES DOING IT BOYS, HE'S FINALLY GETTING HIS ADAPTATIONS

Based Cereal Lord. Giving his pal the recognition he deserves

They need to make this and Vixen more publicly available. I can't be arsed loading up a VPN just to watch it on CW Seed

>They're intending to move The Ray from the animated CW Seed show, to the live action shows, w/the voice actor playing live #TCA16 #TheCW
Confirmed for CWverse

General Arrowverse thread? Here's the new Vixen.

And today I've been thinking of Freedom Fighters, how I wouldn't mind seeing them in some vidya since TV is out of question.

>The "Flashpoint" storyline will only be for "a couple of episodes" this season. #TCA16

>RT TVGuideMagazine "Mark Pedowitz predicts #Supergirl will be either the network's #1 or #2 show this season. #TCA16"

>#LegendsOfTomorrow and #CrazyExGirlfriend have 13-episode orders as of right now. Potential for The CW to order more later. #TCA16

Other JSA members when?

At the moment LoT has: Starfire, Dr.Midnite and Citizen/Commander Steel

And Obsidian

Don't forget Hourman, Obsidian and I'm sure Jay will meet up with them at some point somehow

>Theres a fucking THE RAY Cartoon
>On CW
>C FUCKING W!
What a time to be alive.

I wish these animated seasons were a little longer. Give me an hour or two of story at least.

>Mark Pedowitz dice que cometieron errores en la S1 de #LegendsOfTomorrow pero que los hab corregido para la S2 #TCA16 (via @NatalieAbrams)
I
Translated:

>Mark Pedowitz says that they made mistakes in Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow, but they have fixed those mistakes for Season 2

Love it. They're slowly building up to JL Detroit.

>Freedom Fighters
Human Bomb when?

No you idiots, they only used this so they could had a SJW friendly character.

Also, reminder that johns isnt helping any writer but himself.

>JSA vs Legion of Doom
>Animated Morrison Freedom Fighters series
>Flashpoint
>Four way multiverse crossover
>A dozen other shows not even int he Arrowverse
Lets be honest here, how long before DC gives us a full on Crisis On Infinite Earths tv event?

>MMH
>Vibe
>Vixen
>Citizen Steel
Holy shit user, you're onto something here

Gypsy, Ralph and Zatanna when?

>dat Vixen
I can dig it
>Greg Berlanti
Okay I can dig it too
>and Marc Guggenheim
fucking monkey paw

>CW is going to save action cartoons

Who saw this coming?

I hope they start making these things longer though.

Look at the OP, its Ray, Phantom Lady, Black Condor, Uncle Sam, and Doll Man

>LoT has a LA in-costume Uncle Sam show up
Yes please

Clone Wars worked out ok

Yes, so Human Bomb when?

But Flash chose Scudder instead of McCulloch

One step forward, two steps back

Guggenheim fired when?

More like Crisis on Infinite Networks

>THE RAYwill introduce the first gay Super Hero to lead a show.
They made the ray into a gay character? why...

What about the DCAU Justice Leauge, or the Weapon Plus stuff, or Damian Wayne?

>hour long, multi-part T.V. event a la Stephen King's 1994 The Stand

fund it!

In Multiveristy the idea was since the Freedom Fighters were anti nazi insurgents, each member would be from a group targeted by the regime.

A black, a gay, a Jehova's witness, a jew etc.

Kinda like a Superman riff. "Last of there kind"

I was thinking for like a month every DC show is tied into some meta plot that all comes to a head in an epic finale. Like we see Hell erupting on Preacher and Lucifer, A spoof of crisis events on Powerless, the afterlife gets weird on iZombie, time space fuckery on Lot and Flash, and the a big blockbuster conclusion on cw

oh, i read the original and i liked all the jen relationship, i guess this comic generation isn't for me.
thanks for the info.

I'm just saying anyone thinking this isnt a diversity™ issue is a retard.

This isnt about the character this is a PR stunt.

>not understanding the point of the multiverse
>not understanding the original still exists in the bleed anyway

pleb detected

I saw Ray and got excited.

Nobody cares

what part of "i read the original" you didn't understand young one?
you could explain the same without being a dick about it.

Dude, awesome! I really like The Ray.

>not understanding the CW doesnt care about that
>not understanding this will be as bad as the vixen series
>not understanding this is a PR stunt no different than the iron nigress

That you think that this is a "this comic generation" thing means you're not understanding. Also I think there was a mini at the beginning of the new 52 where he was still straight anyway. Multiple versions exist, why get disappointed?

>writer Grant Morrison updated the Freedom Fighters to better reflect American demographics.
Not that I have any problem with the Gay, but this is just objectively wrong. They were representing groups persecuted by the Nazis, not American demographics.
Fuck.

You're really trying hard to make this some kind of SJW war thing when it's not.

More like The Gay

>They were representing groups persecuted by the Nazis

Blacks were not persecuted by the Nazi, but it was quite the parody of what murrikans think the nazis were.

There was a Multiversity interview where he he was generally asked why his works are so diverse (answer was mostly just that he does it without thinking because that's how the world is, not that it's something you have to actively try to do). I can see some dumb intern trying to extrapolate that to everything without understanding the actual context of the stories.

Then why would they use a character that apperead in a SINGLE issue?

I forgot, you guys love black wally.

>Multiple versions exist, why get disappointed?
because i didn't knew, i am ok they didn't change a character just because it's the current year, multiple versions are ok in my book.
ill pick up the series again, been enjoying the new52 take on SS so far.

For morrison "diversity" needs to either be organic or be essential to story telling.

What about that plotline doesnt appeal to you
You do realize the Multiverisity ray is technically "the original" in relation to the one you are talking about right? Its the Earth-X Quality comics version

The same reason they use Stargirl over Star Spangled Kid. Or Damian in the DTVs. Or even going back further, having the weird Hal/Kyle and Tim/Jason mixes in the DCAU. They pretty much always use the most recent versions in stuff.

>Starfire
That's Stargirl

They are doing the Freedom fighters, and they decided to use the Morrison concept because they liked the idea of a diverse team. Why are you bitching.

>Freedom Fighters
muh dick

So anymore news yet?

>you guys love black wally

hated the shit out of him until white wally came back but now yeah, I love him

>black person
>terrorist
>Sup Forums isn't happy
what the fuck does it take with you people?

Did I wrote Starfire?, I thought I wrote Starfire...

I mean, it was kinda both. From what i remember they were all saved as babies by Uncle Sam when the nazis burned Washington.

While this is true "organic" is so subjective that people can always just say its ok when its "organic" without recognizing anything actually being such. In fiction by definition EVERYTHING is forced to some extent

Human Bomb's there too, look at the bottom left.

GET HYPED

The heading implies they are doing an EMH style thing with this right?

Shorts for everyone then a team miniseries?

Freedom Fighters: Phantom Lady, then Freedom Fighters: Black Condor and so on

Stargirl*

Dammit, autospeller

ooh cool outfit, love the black and yellow

Coyote Gospell almost was in Brave and the bold

>shorts
No, this is its own series and the OP pic shows the rest of the team is there.

BATB has some true madmen on staff, I wish they had pulled it off

>What about that plotline doesnt appeal to you
i would like to see new characters if they want to inject diversity, not reusing the same characters just because you need a gay or black token.
take the risk as a publisher.

It was

1. The aids aspect
and
2. Working batman in there

They also wanted a COIE musical

I just explained to you in detail they were adding a new aspect to the original storyline. How was this tokenism.

The very FIRST Dc comic with the Freedom Fighters had them as insurgents in a Nazi world. They were called Freedom Fighters because they were literal freedom fighters.

The idea that they were all Holocaust survivors was just a natural extension of that plot.

So what's Sup Forums's recommended Freedom Fighters reading?

Also I fucking LOVE the idea that Human Bomb is a Jehovahs witness; his power is inherently passive.

Also for those who dont know Nazi Traingle code

>Black Condor
Political prisoner
>Ray
gay
>Phantom lady
Roma
>Doll Man and Lady
Foreigners
>Human Bomb
Jehovah Witness

Damian Wayne is the star of DC's new animated movies, user

Needs bigger boobs.

Wait, I thought Doll Man was the Jehova's Witness? And isn't Black Condor's thing more so that he's black?

Reminder that the freedom fighters were the bad guys in that story and that It was all Leatherwing's plan. Overman did nothing wrong.

Oh shit that's what those triangles on their designs were, clever.
So wait none of them were Jewish?

Everything they appear, it's not like they have many comics.
I fucking love Uncle Sam pulling sleeves up.

Him being black is apparently a coincidence . he has the red triangle (blacks were not put in camps for being black in Nazi germany)

An honestly i couldn't tell from the colors, purple and blue are looking a bit alike

Purple is Witness blue is foreigner

Nope, which is actually kinda cool

So that's it?

Yeah, but Battle for Bludhaven was shit and I'm wary of the book that spun out of that.

Nic eot see my man Johnson getting a check

also pls do President Gonzo the Mechanical Bastard.

Maybe Sam's Jewish? It's the most obvious gap, and Sam's the only one not known to be representing any group.

Uncle Sam ? Hes america itself dude.

Also funny hoe the origin is basically the Golden age ray's

>"Raymond 'Ray' Terrill was a reporter who discovered a group of government scientists working on a secret project to turn light into a weapon of mass destruction," reads CW Seed's character description. "But before he could report on his findings, the project head exposed Ray to a “genetic light bomb.” The bomb failed to kill him and instead gifted Ray with light-based powers. With these abilities, Ray realized he could go beyond reporting on injustice – he could take action to help stop it. Calling himself the Ray, he was recruited by Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to fight violence and oppression wherever it exists."

>Underwaterman
Every time.

So his host's Jewish, then. That's if Morrison was even going with the established origin.

He's a U-Boat, but a man. It's not very original but it's descriptive. I bet the rest of the Reichsmen make fun of him.

It's based on Morrison's ideas so take it as you want. I liked every FF comic so...

>pedowitz
that is a really unfortunate name

More news coming up

DC panel soon

>Berlanti: "Musical pair of episodes in back half of the year between Supergirl and Flash." Not to be confused with 4-show crossover #TCA16

H A P P E N I N G

FUCKING CW

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

MUSIC MEISTER WHEN?

>Sharon Leal is joining Supergirl as Miss Martian #TCA16

>Dolph Lundgren will be appearing in the #Arrow Russia flashbacks. #TCA16

>Lance Henriksen will be appearing in #LegendsOfTomorrow Episode 205 as Obsidian of the JSA. #TCA16

>Andrew Kreisberg: A character on one of the superhero shows will be coming out. #TCA16

youtube.com/watch?v=V_q1SdaWLlw

PLEASE CW

>Sharon Leal will play Miss Martian on #Supergirl. #Arrow Episode 507 will introduce Vigilante. #TCA16'

>Dolph Lundgren will be appearing in the #Arrow Russia flashbacks. #TCA16

>Lance Henriksen will be appearing in #LegendsOfTomorrow Episode 205 as Obsidian of the JSA. #TCA16

>Chris Wood is indeed playing Mon-El on #Supergirl #TCA16

>Savitar is the other speedster in #TheFlash Season 3. #TCA16