Lucius vorenus

I felt so sad when he was going to die. Like on the verge of tears. Him and pillo were so damn cool.

Also, while I do agree that the second season was rushed, I think it was the second half that felt rushed. Also, they did the absolute best considering what they were given.

General Rome thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s5Pr1V6_N3c&t=329s
youtube.com/watch?v=nmsVwJZz0lo&t=119s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

He was an asshole and deserved every thing bad to happen to him.

edgy

Speak sense whore.

Atia vs Servillia subplot was the worst. Also why didn't they show any battle scenes?

>77
>nice
it got a bit out of hand but it was the only way you could have women actually making a real difference in the world and have it be believable.

Also the random Octavian/Octavia incest scene.

Too much money probably. They spent tons on the set and costumes but battles were very scarce. I didn't mind to much though. I didn't want spartacus

This series was straight up hot garbage and degeneracy.

Fuck off, OP.

>hot garbage
>despite great writing and characters
>degenerate
>not knowing anything about roman history

You are American aren't you?

They had battle in the first scene of the show. I'm no expert on the matter but I expect actual battles were long-drawn, boring and a test of patience and nerves instead of cool action scenes, which would not work too well on the screen.

Imagine if the first scene dragged on for hours, soldiers falling back and bringing fresher legs to front row while slowly advancing forward. That wouldn't be too interesting. The show was all about authenticity.

I hate americans.

I'm currently making my way through I, Claudius and it's remarkable how differently these two series' portray Augustus. In I, Claudius he's kind of a bumbling fool at times, letting his wife run things behind his back while he drinks and leaves on vacation all the time. On Rome Augustus is this intelligent, sharp, depraved, megalomaniac mad genius.

I have to think the real Augustus was somewhere in the middle but I wonder how much of this can be attributed to the ages at which these two shows portray Augustus in life. In Rome he's vying for power, he's Machiavellian and he knows what he has to do to seize power. In I, Claudius he's been ruling for decades and feels comfortable so he lets his guard down and allows himself to be manipulated by those close to him.

You can't achieve what he did by being stupid

Sure thing americafat, go watch Game of thrones

I definitely think the real Augustus was more akin to the Rome adaptation in terms of intelligence, cunning and alacrity. But there are a lot of legitimate theories concerning Livia's influence over his rule of the empire, and she is implicated in many poisonings that happened to people close to power, so the I, Claudius portrayal may have some legitimacy.

damn, bruh I wanted to respond to the iriginal guy you did, I just messed up the response. no bully pls!

desu I think people tend to underestimate Agrippa. He accomplished a lot of shit for Augustus

Why doesn't he just use a stool or something?

IRL he was impotent and could bang Livia. His only daughter from a previous marriage was a legit ho though, and he was forced to disown and exile her. It broke his heart and mind.

>t. ex-centurion for Marc Antony

BY ORDER OF THE TRIUMVIRATE, DURING HIS RESIDENCE HERE, ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD SHALL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM.

True. Augustus was kind of a pussy and never had any major military victories of his own. Fucking guy got BTFO at the Battle of Philippi. Brutus captured his camp, took three of his legionary standards, and cut his couch to ribbons. He had to run and hide in a swamp.

I like how they managed to sneak in Jewish characters in a tv series about romans

Hinds was perfect as Caesar:

"HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME"
youtube.com/watch?v=s5Pr1V6_N3c&t=329s

"SIT DOWN"
youtube.com/watch?v=nmsVwJZz0lo&t=119s

shut your bitch ass Troy

Literally the best part of the show.

mmmmmmmmm

literally built to serve the superior black Egyptian Kings

>tfw the last member of the Julio-Claudian dynasty is a fat autistic neckbearded faggot who married a trap

Sic semper tyrannis

muh constitution, proclaimed the soon-to-be white minority. Trump will surely change the country's demographics!

I would have loved to have seen how HBO would have handled Caligula. They would have had to make it through all of Augustus and Tiberius but the creators had intended it to be a long-running epic.

The show was about Vorenus and Pullo. They weren't going to go past Augustus. I remember reading that the last season was planned to involve the birth of Jesus.

Name a show with less time wasting than Rome. Two season runs are absolute kino, they don't dilly dally.
Please Bruno, convince HBO to do another two seasons.

>sneak

Man, this has to be bait, but I took it

Caligula was loved by the people even after his death. He was killed by conspirators while he was walking alone drunk after a party in an alley way (what's how safe Caligula was in Rome, because people loved him that much. Can you imagine the emperor walking home alone in a dark alley with no body guards because he had nothing to fear from the citizens. Caligula was popular as shit).

After Caligula's death, his statues, carvings, paintings, everything that had a record of him was deliberately destroyed.

So the truth of Caligula was probably far from the legend of him, a legend his murderers made up to justify their crimes.

This, didn't he kill his wife for no reason?

She killed herself actually. He strangled her for a bit when he found out she cucked him, and then she jumped off a balcony..

t. degenerate pleb who got to rape a senator's wife

he did nothing wrong
everything was his stupid wife's fault

both of them were complete cunts

Oh come on. She was lonely and thought Vorenus was dead. Not her fault at all. He was just an autist incapable of understanding.

>coming home after a long war campaign, only to find out that your wife not only cheated on you but also forces you to care and shelter another man's child
i know it might not seem like a big thing to a cuck like you

this is quite not historical. In reality, romans who came back from wars precisely send a guy to tell the wife that the husband is coming back in a few days, so that the wife has time to tell her lovers to fuck off in the nick of time.

The local people that were paying his salary to her had said he was dead, perhaps they performed that other service as well.

Increasingly I get the feeling that getting cucked is an inescapable fate for all of us.

>I will tell the people you wear cuckold horns, your soldiers will mock you in the street

t. fortune

Picture the scene: The other fuckin' week there, down the fuckin' Colliseum with Vorenus, playing gladiators. I'm fighting like Lucius-Fuckin'-Commodusby the way. Givin' the boy here the tannin' of a lifetime. So it comes to the, down to the last blow, the deciding punch of the whole tournament. I'm on the axe and he's sittin' in the corner looking all fuckin' biscuit-arsed. When this hard gaul comes in. Obviously fuckin' fancies himself, like. Starts staring at me. Lookin' at me, right fuckin' at me, as if to say, "Come ahead, square go." You ken me, I'm not the type of cunt that goes looking for fuckin' bother, like, but at the end of the day I'm the cunt with a axe cue and he can get the fat end in his puss any time he fucking wanted like. So I squares up, casual like. What does the hard gaul do? Or the so-called hard gaul? Shites it. Puts down his wine, turns, and gets the fuck out of there. And after that, well, the match was mine.

he did